Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Kody Ellis

2006 Suzuki ltr 450 sitting for long time what's best steps to get running?

So basically my 06 suzuki ltr 450 has been sitting around being destroyed by the sun because of broken bolts on hub and some pressures from the law. Now I am determined to get it back as healthy as possible in the best but cheapest and most efficient way as possible. So unfortunately the gas has sat in it and it hasn't been started for a long while. All I have done so far is take all the body plastics off and drained the remaining gas that was in it, which was unbelievably foul. Just reaching out for assastance on the best way to go through and restore my old partner in crime. Much appreciation for anyone willing to assist.

Change the oil and spark plug also. Check the air filter. You may have carb issue if it sat for a while and may need a good cleaning.