Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

First Quad...First Project

let me start off by saying im 15.

im looking for a job to fund this but havent found one yet so as of now im looking cheap mods..

ok. i have a 1999 Polaris Trailblazer 250. yeah i know..lame but i diddnt get to pick it out. anyway..i feel its underpowered for me [5'9-10 140lbs] so i am going to mod the sh** out of it :laugh:

as of now. i have a trail tech computer ready for installation, and my dad and i are in the processes of replacing the brakes and painting the plastic. i just need to know what would be best to start with. and im looking at pipes..from hot seat and Aaen or whatever..an air filter from k&n should be coming soon also...im looking to get into the engine for this spring...

all im asking is for anything that would help me out that i probabally dont know...and i cant find a damn jet kit for this thing!

any suggestions on color of plastic? or recommendations of brands?

i heard the engine has a lot of potential and i hope to unlock it.

thanks to anyone that helps.

:smile:

trailblazer im sure you have heard this b4 but with all the money your about to spend on modding your bike why dont you save your cash then sell the bike and get a different quad that will suit your needs better..it makes alot more sense...plus yuor only gonna get so much out of the trailblazer 250...on another note,,,theres a reason why you cant find a jetting kit....because no one mods these bikes... i know how you feel your probably saying " well this is the bike i have to work with...so im gonna mod this one.." but when you weigh it out your getting older and that thing is eventually going to out grow you if it already hasnt....

wh ydont you go back to atvfan your a prick just like everyone else there.

i ride what i want.

so deal with it.

dont like it?

then you dont have to look at this post.

dont be such a dick.

ive said numerous times i cant sell and buy a new one.

trust me the last thing I wanted to do was come off as a "dick"...im just being realistic here...trying to give you some decent advice like saving your money rather than upgrading your trailblazer....im not telling you to go out and buy a new quad anytime soon ...more like just save your cash for a while then maybe look into getting a 450 or something... I mean your 15 now right....? eventually that trailblazer is gonna get to small for you....i imagine that will happen in the next year or so...with that said say you did upgrade yuor bike ...in a year you feel its too small for you...all the money you just spent would be wasted,,,,,just trying to help you out thats all....:skeptic:

oh and just on another note...i dont know how I offended you in my previous post ...i didnt use any vulgur language at all and didnt even have a hint of disrespect...so next time rather than get all worked up about it...talk like a civilized person...and btw...the atvfan comment was totally uncalled for ...i have never had a problem with anybody there and many others can say the same...maybe not you buckbilly ..lol but hey...i think its a great site also as is this one too..:radar:

trailblazer_02 Have you ever heard of Dial a Jet?It works similar to a jet kit and some people say it's better than rejetting.I don't have any personal experience with it but you can check it out on this link Dial-A-Jet High Performance Snowmobiles ATVs Products Mikuni Polaris Yamaha Carburetors Clutching On most quads it's recommended you rejet with higher flow air filter and/or exhaust.I'm also not familair with PoPo's so is that a 4 or 2 stroke engine?Auto or manual shift?As far as color goes;black shows alot of scratches so I would go with a lighter color like blue or red.As far as exhaust;I'd go with a full system instead of a slip on.Keep in mind that alot of riding areas are being shut down because of excessive noise;so if you could get an exhaust that is quiet but still improves power that'd be the style to go with.I got an HMF QRS full system for my Arctic Cat and they say the decibal rating is close to 100 or below.Stock DB on it is about 89.I got my HMF from Motorcycle Parts, Gear and Accessories at MotoSport Hope this helps-later

thanx dirt devil i appreciate your and everyone elses input on helping,

but its a 2 stroke and auto.

and raptor350..

i got mad because i know i will grow out of it but i can mod it all the way to the speed of the 400 without giant bucks. i dont have a job. nor do i plan on getting one very soon. im a kid and i enjoy it untill another year or two.

and by 17 ill have a car and a steady job so ill be able to buy one. i dont wanna sell my trailblazer it is very reliable and handles well.

and it carries its weight pretty good too. and i dont wanna talk about atvfan. all they talk about is can-am. they are like obbsessed and one sided.

i got mad also because this is the only quad my parents could afford at the time so i appreciate it and my sister needs to be able to ride something also.[auto]

we dont all have 7 grrand laying around to blow on a raptor.

so instead of warning me of how bored i can get with it why dont you actually think of some kind of smart way to hop it up a little bit and be more informative then to just tell me to sell and buy something else.

its a 2 stroke. it has major potential. pretty much every 2 stroke does.

** ***just for anyone that diddnt know. i mentioned on almost every other web page except this one.

SELLING IS NOT AN OPTION. if i wanted to sell it i would have already and bought a blaster. but mine is almost like a family quad. everyone knows how to ride it. its easy to ride.

again thanx to everyone that was informative. and i think for color im going for black/lime green or black/red. :yes:

EDIT: o, yeah and srry for the long post

oh and just on another note...i dont know how I offended you in my previous post ...i didnt use any vulgur language at all and didnt even have a hint of disrespect...so next time rather than get all worked up about it...talk like a civilized person...and btw...the atvfan comment was totally uncalled for ...i have never had a problem with anybody there and many others can say the same...maybe not you buckbilly ..lol but hey...i think its a great site also as is this one too..:radar:
I would highly recomend kepping me out of this .As far as ATVFAN is concerned it can just disappear.So both of you tone it down a bit please.:idea:

By the way 08 raptor350, what is wrong with the trailblazer? You say bored and bigger quad .

Can't we all just ride.

i havent the slightest idea what i have done wrong ...i never raised a tone whatsoever... i was just trying to help out ... trailblazer ...now i see where you are coming from you had never told me exactly what kind of situation you were in and now i understand...name the mods you want done and ill hunt them down for you the best i can....i tend to have alot of time on my hands lately ..lol ...buckbilly...sry if i was out of line ...?
Not a problem. I already said what was on my mind.

O2 Trailblazer I recomend the Clutch kit first. It will make one big improvement. You may not want the rest of the other Mods after that one. That clutch kit is the first aftermarket part I would put on an automatic. It has made night and day difference on my buddies 04 sportsman and his wifes 06 Bruin. Best bang for the buck in my opinion.

okey dokey back on topic now.

Aaen Performance - Polaris ATV Two Stroke - Top End Pipes

take a peek there.

its a list of parts this place makes for my trailblazer.

does anyone know anything about head machining?

its 60$ and it says a 2hp gain which i know will be at least a little noticable..

anyone think that is a good start to internal mods?

you think a power pipe and a light alum. silencer for about 290$ is good?

i heard they have great pipes with great gains.

oh yeah one more thing...

like if i bought just the silencer could i apply that to my stock header untill i get the money for a power pipe and then reinstall the header and the other one together?

edit: for my b-day in september..

i know long time..

i am going to decide i think between a 35mm flatslide carb or cylinder porting..

i have a limit of prolly 250$

btw my dad will buy the exhast by himself because he wants that...

Other than the clutch kit, I would start out with an air filter. Another thing I have seen people do is drill some holes in the top of your airbox lid. Secure a piece of fine metal mesh to the bottom of the lid(the inside). This will open up your airflow alot. The down side to it is you have to clean your filter much more often.

Other than the clutch kit, I would start out with an air filter. Another thing I have seen people do is drill some holes in the top of your airbox lid. Secure a piece of fine metal mesh to the bottom of the lid(the inside). This will open up your airflow alot. The down side to it is you have to clean your filter much more often.

i would also imagine if your putting more air into the motor with a new filter such as a K&N and put holes in the lid your going to have to jet the bike....from what i understand its hard to find a jetting kit for the trailblazer...hey trailblazer_02 have you found a jetting kit yet?

The Dial A Jet Just Put's You In The Ballpark Range It Will Not Be Jetted Truely Right!! If U Are Lacking A Bottom End Power Go Up A Piolet Jet Size, As Far As A Middle Power Move Your Needle Clip Down One Notch. And For Top End Power Change Your Main Jet Up A Size Untill U Get It Jedded Right. Do A Plug Chop To See If U Are Jetted Right After U Change Your Jetting.

yeah my dad knows how to jet manually..i think i might have him do it...haS anyone checked out how cheap that place is though!?
Are you jetting first? I know I sound like a broken record, but I say the clutch kit first , before you add any thing else. If I buy an auto next, that will be put on before it leaves the dealer.

uh, would a clutch kit alone require re-jetting?

and i think i might buy that RCR stage 1 kit..which is a full system, a modified airbox with new filter, jets, and clutch kit..

and just throw everything on and re-jet.

No a clutch kit does not require a jet kit. I keep bring this up, because a clutch kit will help you get the most out of your quad. Stock or modified.

The other day, I was getting my quad ready for this weekend.(going to some farm land) My brother in law brought over my sister's Warrior. I whipped it down the street. I'll tell you what, the 100cc difference between my 450 and his 350...WOW The warrior could defintly be opened up though. If you changed the gearing, that would be a good start. At the 350s top end, it feels like it wants to go faster but it can't.

hot seat full exhaust

k&n filter

new rubber

dial-a-jet kit

bored. maybe .10 to .40 over

new wiseco piston

and maybe if im lucky for the b-day. a 38mm flatslide carb =]

edit: clutch kit

I would also go with a Clutch Kit....Anything above the Stocker will be very noticeable...

I agree that the Dial a Jet will only get you so far...

Not sure why you need to bore the motor???? That will not gain you anything but being closer to buying a new cylinder..

K&N would be good with an open or Drilled Airbox(they sell a Vented Plug Kit if you drill)

Here is what I always do....Best performance for the Cheapest possible way first....

Clutch Kit...

Air Box mod/Filter

Install new plug and do a plug Chop

Rejet if necessary

After everything is Right and tight and you like it..Your out 400 Bucks

If you dont like it move on

Higher Comp. piston

Deck and Redome the head to almost the point of needing VP/Cam-II

Port/Polish

Pipe

Bigger Carb

High output CDI

eBay Motors: Polaris Trail Blazer/Big/Boss/Xplr High Performance CDI (item 200203585311 end time Mar-05-08 08:24:26 PST)

Also,,,,,What Mix Ratio are you runnin????? Leaner the meaner......I like to mix mine 40:1 But I know my bike too...Sometimes when I know Im gonna be Draggin all day....I mix 50:1....The book says 20:1....LOL!!

Also,,,,are happy with the overall Speed of the Bike??? What part of it are you unhappy with???? Ive never been aboard anything like that....Can you Regear it???? If you can....I would play with that too.....That is Cheap.....All these mods will start adding up FAST!!!! Before you know it you will be in the 1500-2000 range:confused: