Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

BuckBilly

Speed!!!!!!!!!!

Stock vs. Stock, a 650 has a higher top speed, by 3 to 5 mile per hour. Simply because the EFI has a rev or shut off point just like a car. This is a bone stock right from Honda . Good guess.

But one thing you kids should think about is, when MWKE and I started riding a 110 Honda ATC was not even introduced yet.I also remember when a 250 cc engine was and to some us still is the ultimate FAT BLOCK.

Go back through the early 1990's you will notice the ATV scene nearly died off. The 500 Quadracer was what helped almost kill this sport off.

not the only atv but the one that nearly killed Suzuki. Powerful Quads , fast quads , and STUPID people. Make people get hurt, and produce lawsuits.Which equals everyone suffers .Back then I saw 2 people get hurt and watched a guy get killed on a Quadzilla. So if I get ouchy about speed sorry. I have not rode a sport quad for more than a 1/4 mile since 1987. Only reason I ride a 1/4 mile is when my buddy gets his Quadzilla out to drag race the new Heavy stuff. The Tecate ATC is still my favorite 3 wheeler.

if i remember correctly it wasnt only the quadzilla that almost killed the sport and people.. it was actually the trike....

Hell,,,,my 24 yr old ATC 350X GPS'ed at 68 on the Beach:laugh:

COME GET SOME!!!!

LOL! I would love to! Big difference in machines. Your machine was made before all the Government regulations. Isn't the 350x a 2 stroke? I will line up with anybody at anytime. Not saying I will win everything I'm just not afraid to lose. I'm not a drag racing kinda guy so your reaction time will probably be better.(I'm also a stoner) I race Baja style races. You'll probably win in 300', but can you hang for 250 miles?:seeyac:

if i remember correctly it wasnt only the quadzilla that almost killed the sport and people.. it was actually the trike....
(ATC) 3 wheelers where already banned from sales before the Quadzilla attack. Any how I was talking ATVS , NOT ATCS. ATCs got banned for simialer reasons, but before the shights got set on ATVS. Just like motorcycles. Look how common streetbikes are now. They have a higher sales rate than th U.S. has a divorce rate.

Also ATV seals increased when ATC where banned. No more new ATC to compete with.I also said early 1990's not mid to wanna late Eighties. Correct me if I wrong but ATC were banned in 1985 or 1986 for new sales in the US.

LOL! I would love to! Big difference in machines. Your machine was made before all the Government regulations. Isn't the 350x a 2 stroke? I will line up with anybody at anytime. Not saying I will win everything I'm just not afraid to lose. I'm not a drag racing kinda guy so your reaction time will probably be better.(I'm also a stoner) I race Baja style races. You'll probably win in 300', but can you hang for 250 miles?:seeyac:
4 stroke.

(ATC) 3 wheelers where already banned from sales before the Quadzilla attack. Any how I was talking ATVS , NOT ATCS. ATCs got banned for simialer reasons, but before the shights got set on ATVS. Just like motorcycles. Look how common streetbikes are now. They have a higher sales rate than th U.S. has a divorce rate.

Also ATV seals increased when ATC where banned. No more new ATC to compete with.I also said early 1990's not mid to wanna late Eighties. Correct me if I wrong but ATC were banned in 1985 or 1986 for new sales in the US.

no your right the atc's were banned in the mid 80's....i was just saying that the trike also had a toll in lowering the overall intrest and sales juring those times... too many people got killed on those things cuz there nuts.... ..

no your right the atc's were banned in the mid 80's....i was just saying that the trike also had a toll in lowering the overall intrest and sales juring those times... too many people got killed on those things cuz there nuts.... ..
Careless and Dumba$$ Sounds better. Almost ruined it for the rest of us ATVers. Like Honda says" Stupid Hurts". That is pretty much an understatement.

The downfall of ATCs did help the sale of atvs. Ten yours of little or no changes didn't help either.

But look at the selection we have now. I don't care who you are, there is a selection of atvers.Still miss 3 wheelers. Yamaha, Honda, and Kawasaki had some awsome 2 stroke 3 wheelers. Plus 300 LBS and under weight was nice to.

Careless and Dumba$$ Sounds better. Almost ruined it for the rest of us ATVers. Like Honda says" Stupid Hurts". That is pretty much an understatement.

well put

The last production yr. for some of the models of the ATC were in 87 however the ban was in affect in 86....From what I understand....The ban was lifted a few yrs ago....It was a 20 yr thingy....There is a least 1 company that I know of that is Trying to bring it back...Extreme...

This is for you Billy....My Riding partners 86 Tecate....FAST!!!

picture139xg6.jpg

Anyway,,,, I cant remember if I posted this Video....This is my old Tri-Z/Ninja750 going to work at my buddies Strip....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPFc8QjGruQ]YouTube - 3 wheeler dominates quad[/ame]

Brings back some great memories from them pictures.

Load your Bike in your Truck and Head on out to Oregon Fathers day Week:yes: I have people coming in from Virginia, New Hampshire, AZ, Texas and So on!!! Your Welcome in my Camp....Just show up:wink:

I don't know if it's true but the local AC dealer said the new ThunderCat1000 will do 85mph in 4x4.I was riding with a buddy who has a Prairie 650(has speedometer)and I know my stock DVX400 will do at least 65.It wasn't maxed out yet;the same dealer said the DVX'll do around 70-75.Has anyone installed a Trailtech speedometer/tachometer?I'm thinking about getting one and want to know how difficult it is to install.

I don't know if it's true but the local AC dealer said the new ThunderCat1000 will do 85mph in 4x4.I was riding with a buddy who has a Prairie 650(has speedometer)and I know my stock DVX400 will do at least 65.It wasn't maxed out yet;the same dealer said the DVX'll do around 70-75.Has anyone installed a Trailtech speedometer/tachometer?I'm thinking about getting one and want to know how difficult it is to install.

From what I've seen, a Z400, let alone DVX400 cannot hang with my 450. The TRX450 will top out stock around 72-75mph. I really don't see a DVX400 going 70-75mph:no:

From what I've seen, a Z400, let alone DVX400 cannot hang with my 450. The TRX450 will top out stock around 72-75mph. I really don't see a DVX400 going 70-75mph:no:
Depend how yo gear it with the sprokets.Stock Probably won't.

you need to find a new dealer than :laugh:

no quad is supposed to go over 80 stock.

Who told you no quad was supposed to go over 80?Your PoPo dealer or your "other"dealer?:rolleyes:I've seen Banshees go over 100.You're not "supposed" to do some of the things you do but you still do them right?I rest my case.

From what I've seen, a Z400, let alone DVX400 cannot hang with my 450. The TRX450 will top out stock around 72-75mph. I really don't see a DVX400 going 70-75mph
I think you have the size=faster way of thinking.Maybe there was something wrong with the one Z400 you ran against?Maybe it had lower gearing that limited the top end?Maybe I have one of the few that were extra fast stock?Since you've never ridden with me you really don't know.

thats why i said STOCK

a banshee wont do 100 stock.

and i dont have a popo dealer just because i own a polaris.

i bought it used.

my real dealer sells every brand except arctic cat.

and they sell dirtbikes,jetskis,motercycles and UTVs

Who told you no quad was supposed to go over 80?Your PoPo dealer or your "other"dealer?:rolleyes:I've seen Banshees go over 100.You're not "supposed" to do some of the things you do but you still do them right?I rest my case.I think you have the size=faster way of thinking.Maybe there was something wrong with the one Z400 you ran against?Maybe it had lower gearing that limited the top end?Maybe I have one of the few that were extra fast stock?Since you've never ridden with me you really don't know.

So you're telling me a stock DVX400 does over 70mph. All the 450's stock do about 70-75. I'm not thinking bigger=faster, I'm thinking quad built for racing vs. a quad built for trails. It is all about the gearing. I don't doubt the DVX is capable of hitting 75mph. Just not stock.