Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Does anyone know how to test a voltage regulator for this machine? My clymer manual gives no specs at all. The bike is producing 14 volts with battery charged. Terminals and connections have been cleaned. When at an idle turning on the lights kills the engine. Revved it stays running and I can return to idle and now turn lights off and on as I please. I'm being led to the voltage regulator but would like to be able to test it to be sure. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated 

Are the lights stock? If you have 2, what happens when you disconnect one?

On 8/11/2018 at 12:02 PM, Tim-ANC said:

Are the lights stock? If you have 2, what happens when you disconnect one?

Lights are stock, 2 low beam 1 high on handlebars. They are switched separately. Disconnecting one low makes no difference. It appears that the stalling is caused by a sudden current draw. If engine is revved when turning on the lights you can then return to idle with them on. I can't find a test for the voltage regulator so I'll get a new one and hope for the best. Thanks for the input.