Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Mustangiiman01

1998 Suzuki King Quad Red hot exhaust

I have a 1998 Suzuki king quad that was given to me and was having starting issues  but got that fixed and now the exhaust is getting red hot at the head  was wondering what could cause that. That in advance for any info

That could be from a lean condition, air/fuel mixture.

Added ATV information to topic title.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By StolenATV
      New plastic fenders few scratches extended rear end nerf bars
      The post Stolen Honda ATV Quad appeared first on Stolen 911.
      View the full article
    • By Zilla28
      While riding my Quadzilla XLC 500 I was cruising along about 60 mph then opened it up, but once I hit 70-75 mph it died on me so I rolled to a stop and it wouldn't start for about 20-30 seconds. I then noticed the Temp light occasionally flashes on but its so quick you wouldn't notice in the day so not sure how long its been happening. The engine has started pinging when I accelerate which can be caused by many things so I drained the fuel and replaced with hi octane, fitted a new spark plug, adjusted the little washer on the high jet in the carb twice to make it run more lean which made no difference.  I tested the thermostat which opens at the correct temperature, I removed the radiator cap and started the engine and no bubbles were showing and the oil is on maximum and very clean as I have not long serviced it.
      The last time I took it out I went 14 miles and the coolant in the bottle has dropped about 1/2".
      I am now leaning towards a head gasket and have purchased a full gasket kit but was wondering if there's anything else it could be before taking the engine apart.
    • By Scoopeddad
      I have a 1994 big bear and I am starting to have issues starting. I put in a new starter and selnoid as the at stopped starting with the electrical but will still start with the pull cord. Where and what now should I be looking at to check? If I turn key to on and the switch to on then hit the start button, the bike clicks and then nothing. Lights still work but no response to the starter. Stumped now. Any help would be greAt.
    • By joseph
      my atv will start right up will idle fine soon as i try to throttle up engine dies,i have changed gas,new fuel pump and lines great compression 188 lbs.new coil new spark plug adjusted valves dont know what to do also rebuilt carb,any help wanted
    • By Frisbie6
      This is a strange question maybe.  I just finished cleaning my old barn find Suzuki.  I think it's a 1985.  LT230 shaft drive.  Started it up and other than making some carb adjustments (well, I think that's all I have to do) it runs fine.
      But as I drove it around the yard I noticed that it is hard to steer.  The front tires seem like they are barely touching the ground!  The handle bar moves fine and the wheels turn, but the tires don't grip the grass.
      When I lean forward as far as I can the tires actually bite into the grass and turn the bike.  When I sit on the bike it just plows straight ahead.
      Has anyone seem anything like this? 
      I wonder if the back tires are too small, causing the bike to lean backwards.  Does anyone have the specs on what size tires I should have?
      Thanks for any help provided...
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By LMI
      The saga of the fan continues.
      The Pin attempt in the fan shaft failed.  I then moved on to trying to weld the fan hub to the fan shaft.  I took it for a run the weld broke.  Now it was truly F'ed.  To recap the dealer price, they want $400 + CND for a replacement fan assembly.
      I searched all sorts of after market places and no one carried one.  Ebay had some used ones but they were $120 USD + Conversion rate for something as old as what I have.  I went to Amazon and eventually settled on this.

amazon link

What I found... and was amazed... was that the fan mounted to the Suzuki fan assembly bracket.  I was prepared to manufacture my own mount conversions...  It also came with "Harpoon mounts" (nylon zip tie like things that go straight through the rad.   Anyways it mounted to the original bracket. It fit perfectly.  Cut the electrical plug off replaced it with the Suzuki... all good.  Let the quad heat up, thermo coupler kicked in the fan circuit, polarity was right... all was good....  Fan is under the circuit fuse rating.  

so I finally have a solid fan solution.  $34 CND vs $400+ CND
    • By Gator man
      Does any one know the proper adjustments for all the jets in the carb., I just replaced all the jets and I'm getting a lot of backfire also it seems like it isn't getting fuel or bugs down while idling and or riding any help would be great. Thanks
    • By BigSkyKingQuad
      Hello Everyone.
      I was just given a mid 90's King Quad. I got her running today. I have so many questions. I'm Tony from Florence Montana. It runs excellent. I want to change fluids and have some fender work to do. Anyone here have some info on finding out exactly what year, what manual to get, etc? Thanks in Advance. Thank you all for this Forum! 

• By Cory Macleod
      Hi looking for help. My 700 fuel pump won’t cycle when I turn key on also my digital dash is not displaying anything it does light up yellowish but nothing else. If I pour fuel in the intake it will start for second
    • By Tubtub
      Hey all, I work for a fleet shop and we have a lifeguard ATV its a Kawasaki brute force 650. Its back firing through one carb more than the other one and back firing through the exhaust. Starts up and idles good, once you start giving it throttle it acts as if its starving for fuel. This thing gets tons of beach sand thrown at it 24/7. Things that have been replaced are:
      both new carbs, new fuel pump, new plugs.
      Things that have been checked: Compression is good - in range (high end of the range) also have ohm'd the coils and the resistance is within spec in the service manual. Fuel pick up is clean, no debris or restriction there. Does any body have any other ideas what it could be? Thanks for any input