Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Mustangiiman01

1998 Suzuki King Quad Red hot exhaust

I have a 1998 Suzuki king quad that was given to me and was having starting issues  but got that fixed and now the exhaust is getting red hot at the head  was wondering what could cause that. That in advance for any info

That could be from a lean condition, air/fuel mixture.

Added ATV information to topic title.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By bryanta0502
      Hi, im looking to increase the power of my 1995 king quad 300. I was wondering what other people are doing to increase the power of their quads. Are there any big bore kits, would putting bigger jets in the carb do much? Just wondering what I could do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • By Mustangiiman01
      Since I am new to having a quad I am looking as to how you check the oil and transmission   I have a 1998 Suzuki king quad  4wd  engine is a 280. I have found a plug at the back of it that says 10 w 40 on it. And a site glass up under front of back wheel on right side.  And looks like there is a plug above it.  Now do I put  the oil in the back plug till it starts to run out  or somewhere else to check it  site glass seems a little far from it.  Or site glass maybe for transmission.  Thx for any help
    • By Mustangiiman01
      My dad has given me his 1998 Suzuki  king quad  4 wd and trying to figure out  all the controls on the handlebars  I have figured out what most do  What I am needing to know is does it have a clutch as it will grind and jump in gear to take off   Both levers on each side seem to be brakes. Thought maybe be like motorcycle and left one would be clutch 
    • By LMI
      Was using the quad the other day to shuttle wood from my pickup to my wood pile.  When the job was done I turned off the Quad and heard a bit of a racket from the front end.  When I got down underneath the sound seemed to be coming from the fan housing.  fan was moving in spurts and not quickly... much like a computer case fan that's had it's day.  What I know.
      Temp sensor is ok, as the fan tries to activate fan is getting some voltage as it is attempting to spin.  When I first bought it used I tested the fan direct to battery and it was fine. The fan was working ok even not direct wired as I went on a couple of rides and when stopped and idling the fan did run Seems to be free spinning with my finger read up in the manual and they require me to drop the rad.  now I'm not opposed to that as the rad has some damaged areas I want to try and straighten out.  But if I can get the fan working without, I can leave the rad as it is until next year.
      Fan assembly is about 300 bills, any work arounds or alternatives?  I even thought large computer case brushless fan.  smaller ones are about $7 larger ones better quality probably far below the 300.  They run standard 12v DC.
      Anything I should be doing before dropping the rad... other than check for obstructions even though it seems to spin, and trying to hardwire it to the battery again for a test to see if it acts the same?
    • By 87tecate4
      View File 2007-2009 Suzuki KingQuad LT-A450X Service Manual
      Suzuki KingQuad LT-A450X 2007-2009 Service Manual
      Submitter 87tecate4 Submitted 07/14/2018 Category Suzuki ATV