Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

jdhka1

1987 Honda TRX250

Hey, I am a novice quad mechanic and I'm new to the forum and have a question.  I have a 1987 Honda TRX250 that I ordered a new carb for.   After countless hours of research I chose an aftermarket (because I couldn't find an OEM) that was supposed to be "plug and play", and as you can probably figure, it wasn't.   Throttle cable is about 4 times to big to screw into the carb.   Has anyone else run into this?   Is it easier to find an aftermarket cable (which i haven't had much luck at) or just drill and re-thread the carb to accept the OEM cable?  (btw.....the company that sells the carb doesn't sell throttle cables)

Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Ajmboy
      Here's a great video that illustrates Honda's 2019 ATV lineup. You've got the TRX90X, TRX250X, FourTrax Recon, FourTrax Rancher, FourTrax Foreman, FourTrax Rincon, and Foreman Rubicon ATVs.

• By StolenATV
      New plastic fenders few scratches extended rear end nerf bars
      The post Stolen Honda ATV Quad appeared first on Stolen 911.
      View the full article
    • By Brer Wilson
      I got this almost a year ago for $500.00 it was covered in a garage and owned by a 57 year old lady.  She said she didn't need it anymore and wanted me to have it for my kids 1 of which is level 3 autistic.   Ritual oil changes and yearly service.  This was barely driven and when it was it wasn't beat on.  All in all I got a killer deal on this wheeler and nothing is wrong with it.  Starts and drives like its brand new. 

• By Spartacus Stroppel
      has anyone tried these cheap carbs from china? the original carburetor has been rebuilt by a shop right before i bought this quad and i think the float is shot the work done was way sub par... the price of the seal kit was as much as the whole carb... i have used the china 150cc engines with no problems... and have used the harbor freight 212cc engines on mini bikes.. so im hoping to hear so one has used them on this model with ease.... if no one replies i will update in a day or 2 i got the carb it looks very well made. has the carb sencer and warmer all ready installed..
    • By StolenATV
      OUR TOY HAULER WAS STOLEN WITH ALL OF OUR TOYS IN IT. JUST HAD DIRT BIKES SERVICES.
      The post Stolen Black and White 2006 Honda Dirt Bike appeared first on Stolen 911.
      View the full article