Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Mustangiiman01

1998 Suzuki King Quad Controls

My dad has given me his 1998 Suzuki  king quad  4 wd and trying to figure out  all the controls on the handlebars  I have figured out what most do  What I am needing to know is does it have a clutch as it will grind and jump in gear to take off   Both levers on each side seem to be brakes. Thought maybe be like motorcycle and left one would be clutch 

If I remember correctly, those 300 King Quads were 5 speed semi auto. Left and right levers are brake controls. There should be a adjustment on the right side of the engine for the clutch adjustment.

Thx for the reply.  That's what I was thinking that both levers seemed to be brakes. Was wondering if there was a clutch or  you just engage the gears. 

Centrifugal clutch system using friction plates that is gear driven. All you need to do is move the gear lever and give it it some throttle to engage. Designed to shift while moving also.

Gear grinding is not good though. Check the manual about trouble shooting the problem.

Two things might be happening here, if your idle is set to high it would cause the clutch to "jump" which might give you gear grind or the clutch itself needs adj.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Tom Jefferson
      New to ATVs, just got 400 Sportsman 4x4, installed new piston and rings, runs great! A few questions. On the "dash" there are warning lights but none work and there are no lables on them. Also there's a couple of switches that I don't know what they are. One is on the headlight cover to the left, a rocker switch, not labeled. Another on left grip labled "override". Can someone tell me what these all do? I would like to find an owner's manual for the ATV but can't seem to locate one. I have the service manual, but no owners or operator manual.

• By StolenATV
      New plastic fenders few scratches extended rear end nerf bars
      The post Stolen Honda ATV Quad appeared first on Stolen 911.
      View the full article
    • By gutthooked
      What kinda of gear does everyone wear in the winter season to keep warm and safe? 
    • By joseph
      my atv will start right up will idle fine soon as i try to throttle up engine dies,i have changed gas,new fuel pump and lines great compression 188 lbs.new coil new spark plug adjusted valves dont know what to do also rebuilt carb,any help wanted
    • By Frisbie6
      This is a strange question maybe.  I just finished cleaning my old barn find Suzuki.  I think it's a 1985.  LT230 shaft drive.  Started it up and other than making some carb adjustments (well, I think that's all I have to do) it runs fine.
      But as I drove it around the yard I noticed that it is hard to steer.  The front tires seem like they are barely touching the ground!  The handle bar moves fine and the wheels turn, but the tires don't grip the grass.
      When I lean forward as far as I can the tires actually bite into the grass and turn the bike.  When I sit on the bike it just plows straight ahead.
      Has anyone seem anything like this? 
      I wonder if the back tires are too small, causing the bike to lean backwards.  Does anyone have the specs on what size tires I should have?
      Thanks for any help provided...
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By LMI
      The saga of the fan continues.
      The Pin attempt in the fan shaft failed.  I then moved on to trying to weld the fan hub to the fan shaft.  I took it for a run the weld broke.  Now it was truly F'ed.  To recap the dealer price, they want $400 + CND for a replacement fan assembly.
      I searched all sorts of after market places and no one carried one.  Ebay had some used ones but they were $120 USD + Conversion rate for something as old as what I have.  I went to Amazon and eventually settled on this.

amazon link

What I found... and was amazed... was that the fan mounted to the Suzuki fan assembly bracket.  I was prepared to manufacture my own mount conversions...  It also came with "Harpoon mounts" (nylon zip tie like things that go straight through the rad.   Anyways it mounted to the original bracket. It fit perfectly.  Cut the electrical plug off replaced it with the Suzuki... all good.  Let the quad heat up, thermo coupler kicked in the fan circuit, polarity was right... all was good....  Fan is under the circuit fuse rating.  

so I finally have a solid fan solution.  $34 CND vs $400+ CND
    • By Gator man
      Does any one know the proper adjustments for all the jets in the carb., I just replaced all the jets and I'm getting a lot of backfire also it seems like it isn't getting fuel or bugs down while idling and or riding any help would be great. Thanks
    • By BigSkyKingQuad
      Hello Everyone.
      I was just given a mid 90's King Quad. I got her running today. I have so many questions. I'm Tony from Florence Montana. It runs excellent. I want to change fluids and have some fender work to do. Anyone here have some info on finding out exactly what year, what manual to get, etc? Thanks in Advance. Thank you all for this Forum! 

• By Cory Macleod
      Hi looking for help. My 700 fuel pump won’t cycle when I turn key on also my digital dash is not displaying anything it does light up yellowish but nothing else. If I pour fuel in the intake it will start for second
    • By Resurgence Small Engine Inc.
      This past spring, Jonathan worked on a 1991 QuadRunner 250 that came with the fuel pump removed. We didn't find good information about connecting it online, so we made a video.
      Below is the link to watch Jonathan describe the connections on the Suzuki fuel pump. This applies to both the Quadrunner and King Quad ATV models.

Hope you find it informative!
      Resurgence Small Engine Inc.