Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Mustangiiman01

1998 Suzuki King Quad 280 Checking fluids

Since I am new to having a quad I am looking as to how you check the oil and transmission   I have a 1998 Suzuki king quad  4wd  engine is a 280. I have found a plug at the back of it that says 10 w 40 on it. And a site glass up under front of back wheel on right side.  And looks like there is a plug above it.  Now do I put  the oil in the back plug till it starts to run out  or somewhere else to check it  site glass seems a little far from it.  Or site glass maybe for transmission.  Thx for any help

You are correct, the sight glass is for engine oil. Should be hash marks on the case for min-max level. Or just fill it half way up the circle.

The fill port is in an awkward place because it is hard to poor oil into it from a quart bottle. I used to use a funnel attached to a long tube. Wipe the area off before removing the cap. Lots grime builds up here. The positioning of the fill port could have been designed better.

Go to the manuals section in the forum to download a shop manual for your machine.

That was what I was thinking since site glass was a little bit in front of where you put oil in wasn't sure it was for oil   Have tried to download in manual section but says I have to do 10 posts on here to be able to download it. So reason I am asking questions.   Thx for the help

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By StolenATV
      New plastic fenders few scratches extended rear end nerf bars
      The post Stolen Honda ATV Quad appeared first on Stolen 911.
      View the full article
    • By Zilla28
      While riding my Quadzilla XLC 500 I was cruising along about 60 mph then opened it up, but once I hit 70-75 mph it died on me so I rolled to a stop and it wouldn't start for about 20-30 seconds. I then noticed the Temp light occasionally flashes on but its so quick you wouldn't notice in the day so not sure how long its been happening. The engine has started pinging when I accelerate which can be caused by many things so I drained the fuel and replaced with hi octane, fitted a new spark plug, adjusted the little washer on the high jet in the carb twice to make it run more lean which made no difference.  I tested the thermostat which opens at the correct temperature, I removed the radiator cap and started the engine and no bubbles were showing and the oil is on maximum and very clean as I have not long serviced it.
      The last time I took it out I went 14 miles and the coolant in the bottle has dropped about 1/2".
      I am now leaning towards a head gasket and have purchased a full gasket kit but was wondering if there's anything else it could be before taking the engine apart.
    • By mikeexplorer
      ARCTIC CAT BRANDED SIDE-BY-SIDES AND ATVS ARE COMING BACK
      Passion can change people. Change minds. And in the end, it can take us back to where our family has been all along. Because Arctic Cat fans and powersports enthusiasts demanded it, the Arctic Cat® name will be returning to ATVs and Side-by-Sides in 2019.
      With a legacy of innovation, performance and fun, our legendary lineup of ATVs, side-by-sides and snowmobiles are built to take you anywhere you want to go — from carving up mountain snow on a Mountain Cat Alpha One in British Columbia, to flying over the dunes in Glamis in a Wildcat™ XX. And these high-performance vehicles are still made proudly in Thief River Falls, Minnesota.

https://www.arcticcat.com/the-cat-is-back/

• By pokerl0w
      this bike! did this guy sucker me or what.. ok, looks like this means something is bent that I do not see or one rod is longer vs the other?
      how long do you think this would last before it ripped into the tire? this is the right side, left side tire clears no problem

I can not find them on www.kawasakipartshouse.com

• By joseph
      my atv will start right up will idle fine soon as i try to throttle up engine dies,i have changed gas,new fuel pump and lines great compression 188 lbs.new coil new spark plug adjusted valves dont know what to do also rebuilt carb,any help wanted
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By LMI
      The saga of the fan continues.
      The Pin attempt in the fan shaft failed.  I then moved on to trying to weld the fan hub to the fan shaft.  I took it for a run the weld broke.  Now it was truly F'ed.  To recap the dealer price, they want $400 + CND for a replacement fan assembly.
      I searched all sorts of after market places and no one carried one.  Ebay had some used ones but they were $120 USD + Conversion rate for something as old as what I have.  I went to Amazon and eventually settled on this.

amazon link

What I found... and was amazed... was that the fan mounted to the Suzuki fan assembly bracket.  I was prepared to manufacture my own mount conversions...  It also came with "Harpoon mounts" (nylon zip tie like things that go straight through the rad.   Anyways it mounted to the original bracket. It fit perfectly.  Cut the electrical plug off replaced it with the Suzuki... all good.  Let the quad heat up, thermo coupler kicked in the fan circuit, polarity was right... all was good....  Fan is under the circuit fuse rating.  

so I finally have a solid fan solution.  $34 CND vs $400+ CND
    • By Gator man
      Does any one know the proper adjustments for all the jets in the carb., I just replaced all the jets and I'm getting a lot of backfire also it seems like it isn't getting fuel or bugs down while idling and or riding any help would be great. Thanks
    • By BigSkyKingQuad
      Hello Everyone.
      I was just given a mid 90's King Quad. I got her running today. I have so many questions. I'm Tony from Florence Montana. It runs excellent. I want to change fluids and have some fender work to do. Anyone here have some info on finding out exactly what year, what manual to get, etc? Thanks in Advance. Thank you all for this Forum! 

• By Cory Macleod
      Hi looking for help. My 700 fuel pump won’t cycle when I turn key on also my digital dash is not displaying anything it does light up yellowish but nothing else. If I pour fuel in the intake it will start for second
    • By Resurgence Small Engine Inc.
      This past spring, Jonathan worked on a 1991 QuadRunner 250 that came with the fuel pump removed. We didn't find good information about connecting it online, so we made a video.
      Below is the link to watch Jonathan describe the connections on the Suzuki fuel pump. This applies to both the Quadrunner and King Quad ATV models.

Hope you find it informative!
      Resurgence Small Engine Inc.