Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Curtis Wollam

Honda Rancher 2013 starter issue?????

2013 honda Rancher 4X4 420ES.  I've replaced the solenoid, put on a brand new battery.  Checked battery with tester and hit the starter button.....12+v.  Took the starter off to check the brushes, took armature out to see if it damaged, the magnets came out of the case attached to the armature.  Is that normal?  I thought the magnets were glued to the casing.  I'm hoping that I don't have to buy ANOTHER starter.  Help, guys...... I need it.  I didn't go to UTI.

Starter is toast. Those magnets are supposed to  be  permanently attached to the case.

And that would prevent the starter from turning?  Also, I failed to mention, when I took the starter back off from seeing if the atv would start, the starter was hot to the touch.  That the reason? 

I was thinking the starter would at least make noise when you hit the button.  On 2nd thought...it did.  There was a fair t click at the starter...then nothing when I touched the start button.  Anyway...we'll see......new starter will be here Friday.  Maybe they should get a better epoxy.  #gorillaglue

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Ajmboy
      Here's a great video that illustrates Honda's 2019 ATV lineup. You've got the TRX90X, TRX250X, FourTrax Recon, FourTrax Rancher, FourTrax Foreman, FourTrax Rincon, and Foreman Rubicon ATVs.

• By StolenATV
      New plastic fenders few scratches extended rear end nerf bars
      The post Stolen Honda ATV Quad appeared first on Stolen 911.
      View the full article
    • By Ahren Longo
      Well I finally had to take the rear end apart on my 07 Rancher 420. Man it was nasty on the inside!!! I didn't take any pictures, too concentrated on the task I guess. The tools are retarded expensive, after I spent $280 to get the socket and puller for the pinion, because no-one makes them other than Honda. I figured out the pinion was shot due to the needle bearing being completely destroyed, it ground it down pretty bad. The bearing and seal set was cheap enough , $70 on ebay. I got the pinion on ebay too for $95, I took the nasty looking ring gear and sand blasted it, although a little pitted, still perfectly usable. I had to turn the sealing surfaces down about .015" to get them smooth enough to seal. Then for the icing on the cake. I found a brand new rear diff. assembly for $400 on ebay. Dang it!! Coulda just popped and swapped and saved $50. Oh well I have the tools to do honda rear ends now maybe I'll get my buddy who own's a CNC machine to copy them for me and I'll sell the other ones to get my money back.
    • By Cjames58
      View File 2013-2018 Polaris Sportsman and Outlaw 90 Service Manual
      this is the service manual for the 2013 through 2018 sportsman and outlaws 90
      Submitter Cjames58 Submitted 08/23/2018 Category Polaris ATV  
    • By stymy68
      I have an unknown year Timberwolf. I have had to replace/repair some back yard wiring issues. With the wiring fixed, I compared to my other Timberwolf quads, I have found a problem. Starter is always running. I can only get it to stop by removing the positive lead from the battery.