Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

hobaoe

getting my first quad, need help

hi, so i decided that i want a quad.  and i want a sport quad.

so, i want to be able to ride it on the road and offroad and such, nothing crazy. i dont know were to start, like how many cc? automatic, 2 or 4 stroke, 2wd-4wd, brand, and so on.

i dont want to have a beginner model and work my way up, i want the baddest and best now:D 

ive been thinking of dirtbike first, but when my coworker expalined about how many times you must change oil i thought he was kidding but no. so i hope its not the same on the quad motors.

thanks for any input...

thanks guys, ive been researching and narrowed it down to honda or yamaha, the yfz450, trx 450 and raptor 700. 

yeah, now its between the yfz450 and raptor, i really want reverse, so im leaning towards the 700.

3 hours ago, brotho said:

I would start with something smaller like a Honda Recon 250cc then build up to a 400cc

ive already bought the 700, im picking it up tonight:) 

4 hours ago, hobaoe said:

ive already bought the 700, im picking it up tonight:) 

Nice. Good Luck

okay, ive just had a ride on it, and even tough ive never ridden one before, this cant be this unstable. ive checked up on the owners history and it had been sold fairly quickly from person to person, so i think that is the reason.

the problem is that it shoots side to side and wander very much from side to side. i had it up to 60kmh and that was very dangerous, its like it hops a few cm to one side even tough i am keeping it straight.

im gonna google some and fix this problem. if you guys have any suggestions i would appriciate it. 

Get the toe fixed so the wheels are pointing straight ahead, and make sure the air pressure is the same from side to side. If riding on pavement at high speed I always feel a little nervous since those high grip off tires aren’t made for that

Rob

Edited by rdlsz24

thanks, that is just what i need.

but i just whent for a test ride after i changed the toe, i just eyeballed it. it was alot better, but im gonna do it again tomorrow following that video.

Better look closely for a bent tie-rod or something like that. Usually bad alignment is caused by some kind of impact.

oh yeah, after adjusting the toe in at -1mm, its a different world to drive. thanks guys. 

Edited by hobaoe

i just changed over to the stock off road tyres, and i must say that it rides so much better. even on pavement. the ones that was on it when i bought it was slick pavement tires, but every bump and tracks in the road made it "all over the place" 

also i had much better controll over the quad with the dirt tires. so im very happy now

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Andrzej Polak
      hi
      Where installing a winch to KINGQUAD ltf300?? someone have any pic?
    • By Dra O
      posted a while back - it was running at one point - I have all the plastic shroud off - it's down to frame and engine now
      -fuel pump: when line from petcock is attached, no fuel comes out other side to carb; the line to the carb is open (can blow through it); I thought when I cranked engine that the pump would spit out fuel on other side but it does not; I removed fuel pump and opened it up - diaphragm looks good - but internal areas had lotsa calcification build up - I cleaned this out and dried it good - the clear plastic pieces (?diaphragms) aren't broken - the spring w/ steel ball on end moves freely; am putting it back on tomorrow; but can anyone answer about the pump? isn't it supposed to pump fuel through it... to other side... to carb? puzzling
      -along with fuel pump: I replaced petcock 3 weeks ago (gas tank had rusty fuel in bottom - cleaned it out prior to new petcock); when I turn petcock arrow NOT to on or reserve, fuel comes out of line; when I turn it to on or reserve, fuel doesn't come out; puzzling
      -I don't know what's on back of fuel pump - it's a valve that has a hose coming out of it - looks like it goes to engine/carb - I haven't traced this out yet - what is it?
      -can squirt gas on air filter and engine will run for 2-3 seconds then stop - fuel in top of carb (under diaphragm) does same
      -it likely needs carb rebuild - will get to this - but something isn't allowing fuel to get from fuel pump to carb
      -I THINK it has a mikuni model x carb - diaphragm is ID 26mm  OD 68mm - hard to find inexpensive diaphragm, I guess because it's a model x
      -last thing - I replaced solenoid due to old one clicking; I HAVE to be charging the battery or it won't start/turn over - battery just goes dead; but if charging, it'll turn over nicely; i'm guessing it's a bad battery
      -any help appreciated - I've never owned an ATV before - inherited this beast from grandparent in-law
    • By Ajmboy
      2017 Yamaha Sport ATV Lineup

2017 Raptor 700R SE
      With added GYTR front grab bar, heel guards and eye-catching color scheme the Special Edition Raptor 700R extends its reign even further.
      MSRP $9,099*
      2017 Raptor 700R
      With class-leading performance, styling and comfort, the Raptor 700R is the unrivaled King of big-bore sport ATVs.
      MSRP $8,399*
      2017 Raptor 700
      The undisputed champion of affordable big-bore sport ATV performance.
      MSRP $7,899*
        2017 YFZ450R SE
      Stand out from the crowd with the new YFZ450R SE, featuring GYTR front grab bar and an aggressive color scheme.
      MSRP $9,299*
      2017 YFZ450R
      The YFZ450R knows no equal and was born and bred to be the ultimate track tamer with championship-winning DNA.
      MSRP $8,999*
      2017 Raptor 90
      Boasting aggressive styling, mirroring that of the high-performance Raptor 700R, the Raptor 90 will inspire upcoming riders 10-years-old and up.
      MSRP $2,899*
        2017 YFZ50
      The all-new YFZ50 offers electric start, automatic transmission and parental controls in a package inspired by the legendary YFZ450R.
      MSRP $2,099*
    • By Asen_77
      Hi All,
      Want to show you one automotive show that I filmed in my town called Crazy Race. This was two day race in Qualifications round, Semifinals and Final. In this 4 parts I am showing best moments from all rounds and entertainment of the show.
      Crazy Race Part 2 contains a qualifying round where all riders race against each other, selected by lot and split by two. They are free to drive in any direction and to hit their opponent's car everywhere except at the driver's door. Anyone who intentionally hit the other car in the driver's door is disqualified. Winner of each race continue in the semifinal round. In this part I will present the best moments of the qualifying round! 

Part 3 shows you the best moments from Day 2 - Semifinals and Final. Battles in the semifinals are among the winners of the first day races, but this time they are selected by lot and divided into 4 battles of 4-5 cars each. The rules in each battle are that they only have to drive in one direction and try to neutralize other opponents until there are only two players left. Then the battle between the two last drivers has the rule to drive in any direction until only one who has qualified for the final round is left. Again, anyone who intentionally hit the other car in the driver's door is disqualified.
      For the final round there were only two cars left, because the other two players who got the right to be there had problems with their car and could not participate.

Part 4 containing entertainments between battles and winners rewarding.
      This event will have second round in 05-06 October 2019 and also will be filmed  For this new round I will filmed in many new angels and places. Will prepare a lot more videos and many new entertainments . This 4 videos was my first try so many things to wish for better filming in the future one.
      Hope you will like them and of course feel free to comment and to ask everything. Hope you will Subscribe to my channel and to be first to see my other content and of course new round of Crazy Race! Thanks!
    • By ATVNetwork
      utvs Kawasaki finally has a dog in the fight.
      After years of anticipation, the Kawasaki Teryx KRX 1000 sport side-by-side has finally arrived following five years of research and development. View the full article