Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

DAB

Voltage out put

How many volts does  a Honda Foreman 300 need to put out in order to run and keep the battery charged?

with the engine running you  should  have between  13.5 and 14.5  volts  DC  at the battery terminals.  If the lights are on  or  other accessories are in  use the voltage will  be a  little  lower but  it shouldn't  drop  below  about  12.5v . The  alternator puts out   about  25v 3 phase ac that the  voltage  regulator  rectifies  and  limits to  a  max of 14.5v DC

Thank you. My bike is only putting out 11 to 12 at the battery.What do I need to look for?

The problem  likely  lies in the voltage regulator. I would  try to  borrow a  known  good,  compatible  one and try  it  on your  machine first .  If that  does not  fix it ,  it  may be  the  stator..  Before  tearing into the  machine to  try  changing it  out,  I would download the service manual  and  follow the tests outlined in  it .