Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Mark S

trx250 fourtrax low compresson

i have a trx250 with low compression, does anybody have any suggestions on how to do the top end? do i measure the bore and choose a piston and ring to suit ?

Don't forget to examine the valves closely, this may be where the loss of compression comes from.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By SD400exGirly
      Hi Ladies,
      I am new to the forum and to riding. I just bought a 2002 Honda 400ex and I love it. I went out riding for the first time last Sunday and I can't wait to get back out there on Saturday. My question is do you wear your wedding/engagement rings while riding? I just recently got engaged and I never take my ring off. It fits fine under my glove and I am wondering if anyone else has lost theirs or had a bad experience wearing it while riding.
    • By oxidized_black
      1985 - 1987 Honda TRX250 Service Manual
      View File 5851d506233e7_1985-1987TRX250ServiceManual.pdf
      Submitter oxidized_black Submitted 12/15/2016 Category Honda ATV  
    • By xjakknifex
      I haven't rode in a very long time and a friend is selling me a 1985 TRX he obtained through family that is in pristine condition. I have a few questions since he can't find the manual- and sorry if I come off dumb or "noobish".
      1) Gears- these are 5 speed right? 5 down and up is back to neutral?
      2) 4 stroke 10-w30 for oil? How much?
      3) spark gap?
      Thanks for your time.
    • By Mark S
      hey everyone , from australia here. I have a couple of those old trx250 fourtrax. one is in good condition, one is low on compression. Has anyone ever done any performance upgrades on these?
    • By Flanstone
      I just bought two 1985 TRX250's from my father-in-law. One runs great, the other not so much. The one is having issues with the shifter. The shifter seems to be resting lower than normal. When I press the shifter downward, it just pops back up. Any thougjts as to what the issue might be?