Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Cory Macleod

2005 Suzuki King Quad 700 Fuel Pump Does Not Turn On

Hi looking for help. My 700 fuel pump won’t cycle when I turn key on also my digital dash is not displaying anything it does light up yellowish but nothing else. If I pour fuel in the intake it will start for second

yes as far as I can tell it is. still trying to find something but I can put fuek in intake and will fire up, tested fuel pump it will run. at same time I tried it my display for dash quit also. it lights up yellow but nothing else

yes I unplugged fuel pump ran power directly to pump and it turned on. still testing things and found a relay call ignition/starter relay. It doesn't seem to have any 12 volt power to any of the wires for it

Have you checked all the fuses? 

You will probably have to get out the wiring schematic and start tracing the power and see what is causing the problem. One of my customers had the same machine and the voltage regulator / rectifier was bad and cooked the battery it was doing similar issues. 

Haha that is funny you posted this. I was just out going through wiring and came to regulator/rectifier plug. It was melted on 2of the 3 wires. I was just about to ask if this may cause dash not to display and fuel pump to not run.

• Like 1

Just saw this topic, I used to have a 2004 KIng Quad. Was going to say that you definitely have an electrical issue if you can bypass and get the fuel pump to work. These quads have more electrical with the fuel injection and all than older quads. Fix those melted wires and try to find out what may have caused it. You may need to replace the regulator/rectifier.

* Topic title adjusted to include ATV issue

hey @AjmboyI seen a post where you were wondering on recalls for 2005 king quads. mine is an 05 made mistake in my post said 04. Did you find out on recalls. Btw I am going to clean up wires and trace them see if there is a bad spot. Thanks for input

1 hour ago, Cory Macleod said:

hey @AjmboyI seen a post where you were wondering on recalls for 2005 king quads. mine is an 05 made mistake in my post said 04. Did you find out on recalls. Btw I am going to clean up wires and trace them see if there is a bad spot. Thanks for input

I don't remember but saw something somewhere and would search online and on a quick google search I found https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2005/cpsc-american-suzuki-motor-corp-announce-recall-of-2005-king-quad-all-terrain-vehicles

I changed your topic title to include the correct 2005 year 😉

EDIT, here is @Ajmboy's topic

Boy that's an old topic...lol. I don't recall (no pun intended) the recalls on the king quad I had back in the day except for the ecu which I never had done and ended up selling it anyway.

Hey guys thanks for all the help. A pile of evenings later and it up and running. Was a tiny wire broke off at a junction

• Like 1

On 10/2/2018 at 7:12 PM, Cory Macleod said:

Hey guys thanks for all the help. A pile of evenings later and it up and running. Was a tiny wire broke off at a junction

Glad you fixed it and thanks for letting us know!

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:12 PM, Cory Macleod said:

Hey man im having the exact same issue on the same quad! Can you tell me about where the tiny wire was located? (im not much of a mechanic so laymens terms please!)

I can later today. I know it was red wires with green tracer. It was located on the pull cord side behind side cover in the mass of wires that are taped together. I believe one went to fuel pump one to the dash or up front forsure. One to cpu and forget where other went. Maybe to fuses. Hope this helps and if you can’t find them let me know and I can send some pics to you when I get near machine later today

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By uzejo
      My lakota has a new carb and just had a top end redone by a professional, but it will not start. The electric start turns it over great, there seems to be compression. It seems like its trying to start, getting right there and just doesnt catch. It does start occasionally, but wont run for more than a couple of minutes and smells rich. Im assuming the carb needs to be tuned, but im just wondering if anyone else has any ideas before i get a chance to work on it.

Thanks
    • By Ed Zeppeli
      Hi all,

I picked up this quad after the previous owner couldn't get it going.

The issue is that I can't get it to fire at idle or at all.

I've...

- replaced plug. Decent blue spark. Also tested with spark tester inline.
      - rebuilt the carb. PO had already bypassed vacuum lines from petcock. There's fuel at the cylinder
      - Checked compression with new gauge. reads 190 psi
      - cleaned all contacts I could access.
      - am currently jumping with car battery. Solenoid jumpered.
      - checked cam timing at TDC and adjusted valve lash
      - put gas directly into cylinder to see if it will fire at least momentarily

Motor turns over well. Plug gets wet. 

Motor may fire once or twice but smokes through exhaust a bit as if it's trying to fire or combusting.

This leads me to suspect timing. As mentioned I checked the flywheel mark versus cam marks. Perhaps someone has been in there before because I can't find a 'T' on the flywheel but there is a very visible paint mark which aligns with TDC position on piston. Possibly a slipped flywheel/woodruff?

Is it possible that if it had seen previous repairs, that the timing could still be off? I'm reluctant to dig into the flywheel/stator area if there's something else I could have missed but all signs point me to that area. Would a bad CDI cause spark timing to be off?

Anywhere else to diagnose incorrect spark timing?

I've scoured these forums and elsewhere but I'm posting just in case there's something I've overlooked up until now.

Thanks very much for reading!

Warren
    • By Alex91
      I have a 92 suzuki king quad that seems to be getting way to much fuel in my spark plug hole as I took out plug cranked it over and covered myself in fuel I cleaned carb and fuel filter and fuel pump all seems fine any other ideas
    • By Chad Dickerson
      I am goin nuts here! I have a 04 400 air cooled 4x4 , I'm a atv,car,truck,mower mechanic for yrs,just sayin. Ok it cranks and kinda fires now and again then after 5 min of cranking and stopping itl start if u touch throttle itl did then u start all over! If u let it warm up sumtimes u can throttle it up other times it just does! Just depends on it? When it stays running it runs awesome,no problems except it just does randomly like u shut key off? Sumtimes itl start right back up others itl do the no start thing! IV put new plug,adjusted valves and hot tanked carb? I'm at a loss here guys! Please any other ideas? I don't think it's anything to do with flywheel? It's not the auto it has a hi low reverse lever on left fender and foot shifter? Help please lol
    • By JacobSlabach
      i know this isnt an atv but same type of thing.  I have a riding mower im fixing and selling for my aunt and it has a dead battery.  i jumped it off my atv and when i turn the key nothing at all happens.  i tried jumping the relay still nothing.  this is with the seat down.  you wouldnt think this mower would have issues as its a top-of-the-line brand and almost brand new (aunt found it for a good price, still got tits on tires, just sat for a couple months in a mechanic shop
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Gus Drake
      I'm helping the widowed neighbor out to do some oil changes on her quads. Any recommendations on what type of oil to run in these machines?
    • By Kristpj
      I know this tooic has been addressed by many, I’ve looked through many forums and pages. I did not find anything like the problem i have.
      I have a 2007 Kingquad 450. I have a new fully charged battery. When i turn the key, the dash flashes and seems to struggle before getting fully lite. We can hear a small relay near the computer clicking, i think it is the fuel pump relay. When i turn off the engine kill switch and press the starting button relays click and all the power shuts off, i turn the key off, engine kill switch then start over, power is there. Atv will start with pull start, but not elextricly. if i try to use my winch, all power cuts and engine dies. 

Can anyone tell me what it may be? or has anyone fsced an issue like this before?
    • By Dee Wilson
      Hey there,
      The short of it: I'm getting a single click when I hit the start, and nothing else.
      The long: I'm a new owner to a 94 Timberwolf. I inherited it with the understanding that it needed a battery. It started without the battery when jumped, so I know it does work. I got the appropriate battery, charged it, and its reading 12.7V. Installed it, and all I'm getting is that click. Cleaned the carburetor today and reinstalled under someones advice, but still nothing. I'm gonna take the battery in to autozone to get it checked, and I was going to head to the spark plug next. But like I say, I'm new to this. Thanks for any and all advice.
    • By Mudrecon
      as the topic says I'm interested in brands of mufflers ur using. I want a quiet (drive up on moose quiet) but performance type. Whos got what? Mines seen better days

• By crochet homemade
      I have bought a 1996 suzuki king quad 300 and I have noticed that it smokes but I have put oil in it and plenty of gas had to fix shifter bc the nuts and bolts came out somewhere. I have had to replace the wire for the starter but now when I try to start it it wont idle at all and when it does run it smokes really bad like a whitish blue I guess, and it likes to stall a lot. So anybody can help me out please and thank you

10000000_310855426253462_714534016610467840_n.mp4