Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Cory Macleod

2005 Suzuki King Quad 700 Fuel Pump Does Not Turn On

Hi looking for help. My 700 fuel pump won’t cycle when I turn key on also my digital dash is not displaying anything it does light up yellowish but nothing else. If I pour fuel in the intake it will start for second

yes as far as I can tell it is. still trying to find something but I can put fuek in intake and will fire up, tested fuel pump it will run. at same time I tried it my display for dash quit also. it lights up yellow but nothing else

yes I unplugged fuel pump ran power directly to pump and it turned on. still testing things and found a relay call ignition/starter relay. It doesn't seem to have any 12 volt power to any of the wires for it

Have you checked all the fuses? 

You will probably have to get out the wiring schematic and start tracing the power and see what is causing the problem. One of my customers had the same machine and the voltage regulator / rectifier was bad and cooked the battery it was doing similar issues. 

Haha that is funny you posted this. I was just out going through wiring and came to regulator/rectifier plug. It was melted on 2of the 3 wires. I was just about to ask if this may cause dash not to display and fuel pump to not run.

• Like 1

Just saw this topic, I used to have a 2004 KIng Quad. Was going to say that you definitely have an electrical issue if you can bypass and get the fuel pump to work. These quads have more electrical with the fuel injection and all than older quads. Fix those melted wires and try to find out what may have caused it. You may need to replace the regulator/rectifier.

* Topic title adjusted to include ATV issue

hey @AjmboyI seen a post where you were wondering on recalls for 2005 king quads. mine is an 05 made mistake in my post said 04. Did you find out on recalls. Btw I am going to clean up wires and trace them see if there is a bad spot. Thanks for input

1 hour ago, Cory Macleod said:

hey @AjmboyI seen a post where you were wondering on recalls for 2005 king quads. mine is an 05 made mistake in my post said 04. Did you find out on recalls. Btw I am going to clean up wires and trace them see if there is a bad spot. Thanks for input

I don't remember but saw something somewhere and would search online and on a quick google search I found 

This link is available to logged in members only. Please login or register to view this link.

I changed your topic title to include the correct 2005 year 😉

EDIT, here is @Ajmboy's topic

Boy that's an old topic...lol. I don't recall (no pun intended) the recalls on the king quad I had back in the day except for the ecu which I never had done and ended up selling it anyway.

Hey guys thanks for all the help. A pile of evenings later and it up and running. Was a tiny wire broke off at a junction

• Like 1

On 10/2/2018 at 7:12 PM, Cory Macleod said:

Hey guys thanks for all the help. A pile of evenings later and it up and running. Was a tiny wire broke off at a junction

Glad you fixed it and thanks for letting us know!

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:12 PM, Cory Macleod said:

Hey man im having the exact same issue on the same quad! Can you tell me about where the tiny wire was located? (im not much of a mechanic so laymens terms please!)

I can later today. I know it was red wires with green tracer. It was located on the pull cord side behind side cover in the mass of wires that are taped together. I believe one went to fuel pump one to the dash or up front forsure. One to cpu and forget where other went. Maybe to fuses. Hope this helps and if you can’t find them let me know and I can send some pics to you when I get near machine later today