Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

bdaigleyamaha

new here!

Hey everyone, im new here just got a 2005 kodiak 400 and looking for some advice on repairing it.. as of right now its not able to let go of the throttle to put it in gear.. it dies when letting off the throttle.. i can hear it popping from the exhaust. it has been sitting outside for several years. my plan is to remove the old gas, change oil, oil filter. see if there is a fuel filter. replace if there is one. fix the rear outer cv boot.

im not sure but im thinking my problem is due to the carb.. any advise would be great

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By gutthooked
      What kinda of gear does everyone wear in the winter season to keep warm and safe? 
    • By STEP MONSTER
      as soon as key is turned on 30 amp fuse blows. replaced battery & starter relay. no luck.
    • By Alan Callison
      OK everybody,I need some help here please. My 4 wheeler has got a bad wheel bearing I discovered while starting a brake job. Its on the left side. I've never done one and I need some knowledge how to go about it. Am I to understand I need to pull the whole axle out to do it. I've done it once on a car about 30 years ago,lol. I keep looking around for a repair manual but they're hard to find without having to buy it. I looked here on this site but apparently Im too junior a member to be able to download one right now.Bummer!  One other question if I may.When I pulled the drum off the spindle a torrent of water poured out,the brake shoes were covered in mud along with everything else. I mean the drum had alot of water in it. The shoes were so locked up after I removed the springs I tried to rotate one of the shoes and it wasn't easy at all. I noticed whoever had the machine before myself had laid a bead of RTV around the back plate but apparently it didn't work. Isn't there some kind of gasket for this purpose. I saw it calls for a dust shield but surely this wont keep the brakes dry or will it. Thanks everybody.
    • By Jacob Gentz
      I have a 2005 Arctic Cat 500 with a susuki motor, 2500 hours.  I was riding it yesterday, came out this morning, will turn over but no start.  I have spark and fuel.  Took carb off and cleaned it.  Back firing out of exhaust and air intake.  Not sure how one day it runs but 12 hours later it won't.  Just need some pointers on where to look.
    • By StolenATV
      Toy Hauler was stolen out of storage unit with all of our toys and items in it. We just rebuilt the engine and have only rode it once since. Please help
      The post Stolen Green 2005 Kawasaki KX400 appeared first on Stolen 911.
      View the full article