Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

getmoresoon

Hi folks! Time to try 4 wheels when its time to put away the toy with 2!

Hi folks. 

Winter is creeping up on eastern Canada and I felt the urge for a toy to hold me through the winter while my trusty Honda CBF600SA snoozes.

Can't do it easy tho.... has to be a project of course! So on the weekend found me a mostly there 91 Kawasaki Bayou 300 KLF300. And tonight a 94 300 parts quad followed me home!

Hopefully I'll have the runner under its own power this weekend. Seller had a terrible time to get it to start, and when it did would only run for a few seconds. .. but enough to hear it and know there was some life in her! Planning a valve adjust, new fuel line (current is super hard and probably brittle as all heck!), and maybe a carb once over. 

Maybe I'll even try and make this thing un-ugly again later on. 

Anyhow, glad to be here!

Getmoresoon 

IMG_20181014_145153270.jpg

IMG_20181014_145201148.jpg

IMG_20181014_145220661.jpg

IMG_20181014_145233917.jpg

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By StolenATV
      OUR TOY HAULER WAS STOLEN WITH ALL OF OUR TOYS IN IT. JUST HAD DIRT BIKES SERVICES.
      The post Stolen Black and White 2006 Honda Dirt Bike appeared first on Stolen 911.
      View the full article
    • By Brian Dewitt Felts
      Thanks for adding me .I just picked up a 1985 Honda ATC 200X.looking forward to getting it running and having some fun on it.
    • By tom reed
      May be some of you guys can help me, I've got a 1990 honda four trax 2 wheel drive, the top end has been completely rebuilt. When I bought it barely ran, so I had everything redone BUT, it shifts good until the motor gets up to running temp and it starts getting hard to shift and the longer you run it the worse it gets, it will get so bad that it is almost impossible to get it into reverse. Does anyone know what wrong?
    • By sbronemann
      Hey ya'll, new here from the corn-belt in Iowa.  A buddy and myself are planning on coming down to Tennessee riding over the MLK weekend.  Never been riding out of state except Wisconsin.  Planning on going to the North Cumberland WMA area trails.  How is the riding around Brimstone and that area?  Any advice?  Looking at maybe picking up a trail GPS possibly as the actual maps do not look that great from what I've seen.  Will be riding a Can Am Commander 800R XT and my buddy has a Kawasaki Teryx-4.  Any information/advice/anyone want to ride would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance. 
    • By Aidan
      Hey
      so this is my last resort. My 1984 Honda trx200 does not have spark. Note: I can’t attempt any repairs until 1/2/19
      Ill break everything down. 
      Pre-Issue: 
      Before the problem started. I noticed the atv was having a hard time starting and would stall out often. I assumed this was because of a fuel issue and I took off the fuel tank and noticed a bunch of rust/dirt inside. I cleaned it the best I could and took the carb off and it had stuff inside and a clogged jet so I cleaned it, put on a new fuel line, and added a fuel filter after realizing it hadn’t had one in over 5 years. After that I changed over to super (fuel) and noticed it had less power. I ran it like that and kept adjusting the air/fuel.
      The Problem:
      One day I was riding in like 95% humidity (wasn’t quite raining but it felt like it was) and I parked it and turned it off. It took about an hour of cranking and sitting till it ran. Later that day it did the same thing except it would start. I noticed I had spark but it would ignite the fuel then just spin. 
      I got it home and had been trying to find the problem when I noticed I no longer had spark. 
      What I tried:
      I tested the stator, replaced the spark plug wire/coil. Replaced the CDI box with a known working one. Replaced the spark plug. Also I noticed the positive to the battery had two wires going to it and tied together (see picture below) was butchered. I cut the wire off and cleaned the connection and put the wire on its own connection and attached it to the battery. After all this I still have so spark. 
      Aditional notes:
      I have had problems with the NGK plug not working after the first use in the past.
      Also when I tested the wires from the CDI I noticed it would spike on the multimeter when I released the starter button. I took apart the CDI in my diagnosis and noticed brown rust looking stuff all over it. I cleaned it and put it back on. 
      I also tested the battery and it is at 12.5V

• By oxidized_black
      1985 - 1987 Honda TRX250 Service Manual
      View File 5851d506233e7_1985-1987TRX250ServiceManual.pdf
      Submitter oxidized_black Submitted 12/15/2016 Category Honda ATV