Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

tbrady0621

1985 Honda 250 Fourtrax

Bought new in 1985 a Honda 250 Fourtrax.  Have used on the farm all these years.  I have performed a tune up but she is still running rough.  Took off the carb and cleaned it out really good.  Seemed to help but still won't idle just right.  Looking to by a new carburetor but have found out that the original OEM carb has been discontinued.  I looked on line and there are many after market carbs available, some state they are plug and play and some are not.  Can anyone recommend a carb that will be a factory fit?  I was going to try and re-build the old one but the screws are seized up and almost broke trying to get them backed out.  Thanks.

I would buy a new carburetor if I were you.  Plug & play sounds good.  I rebuilt my 85 Honda 250SX trike carb. a few years back with no problems.  You could try to soak it like crazy to loosen things up.  Keep us posted.

• Similar Topics

• By 2urb0liter
      Looking for front wheel assembly (hub, axle, rim, tire) for 1982 Honda ATC 110. 
      Let me know what you have and how much shipped to 58504. 

Thanks!
    • By Buell
      Hey guys, figure you guys would have some helpful direction or answers.
      So, 05 Sportsman 700 carb, new carb, fuel pump, new plugs, new air filter, new everything I can think of that is usually the running issues. Starts up fine, seems to run fine, but if under load, two people, or even one person, up a hill, or pulling a drag chain for the driveway, it starts to cut out and sputters and loses all power, until I back off on the throttle and just barely try to let itself catch itself and then I can take off again.
      I am going crazy trying to figure this thing out. Other than that, the quad runs great. Parents bought bran new, just used around the property, 5000 miles on it. Any ideas???
    • By Tiffany Rowland
      I am working on a Honda sportrax I just got my daughter for get birthday and the reverse and neutral light are not working. When I traced the wire down I saw that it wasn't plugged in but I don't see where it is supposed to connect. Does any one have a general idea of where I should look?

• By Ellery Zandt
      Does anyone have a redcat 250 or falcon 250cc that they can share where the two vacuum lines on the carburetor that you run antifreeze through I honestly have no idea where the lines are suppose to go to circulate the antifreeze. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.