Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Belmontie

Big bear 350 front pulls down when pulling away

Hi my 350 tends to pull down on initial acceleration which is the opposite of the other quads I’ve driven (not too many) is there a problem with the front end ?

Its sitting on Bear Claws if that has any effect ?

Have you raised the front end off the ground and spin the wheels to see if they are free? The brakes may be partially locked .

Check the rear as well. 

Also look at the shocks maybe one or both are blown.

Thanks for the quick reply, your right it’s binding on one wheel but only slightly.

Go through it and be thorough, this is also a big safety item.  Could cause you to lock up and go over the bars. 

May sound drastic but anything is possible. 

Curious to know what you find. Post some pics if u can. 

Thanks I kinda overlooked the worse case scenario I’m hopefully gonna go at it the weekend (if I have the time) I gotta change all the boots on the front too, inner and outer. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Old Quads ?

Hi I recently bought a 1996 Yamaha Big bear 350 for a good price it was a bit rough and ready but for what I’m gonna be using it for its sound just that each time I go looking i find more faults ie rear swing arm seal leaking, uj on prop, oil from the transfer case blah blah blah I don’t know if I’m being too picky but I like things right but also I’m wondering is it worth it ???

By Belmontie, in General Talk - Anything Goes!

• 2 replies
    • Kodiak 400 4x4 wiring problem

Hello All,
      I am looking for any help or suggestion that I might be able to get on how to wire a '04 Kodiak 400 4x4 motor into a Coleman Outfitters / Hisun 400 4x4 Utv. This machine had the Kodiak motor installed and was running until someone stripped the wiring to install new harness. They destroyed the old harness so it of little use now. We have a new harness for the Utv and part of the wiring to the Kodiak CDI and Voltage regulator/rectifier is in place. For now I am just trying to find a good diagram of the wiring needed to Power up the motor. Any help with this part of our issue would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to help my son this machine running since he bought into this nightmare.
      Thank you,

By res2fr, in General ATV Discussion

• 2 replies
    • Honda 2013 420 reverse problem

My 2013 Honda 420 occasionally won't go into reverse. I don't think it is in the transmission as it does not make a click or noise. I think it is in the lockout. Someone told me when I ride near the ocean the salt can get on something. Any ideas?

By Keith Proudman, in Honda ATV Forum

• 6 replies
    • How did you get into Quads?

Heres my story. Kinda long. I guess I was a late bloomer when it comes to quads. I had never ridden a quad in my life. Rode Dirt Bikes as a kid growing up. Back in Oct of '06 I found a Mustang on craigslist. Took it for a test drive one morning before work. Fast car. 351 Cleveland. I had planned on meeting the guy again after work. For some strange reason thats still to this day beyond me, I stopped in Hillsboro MotoSports on the way home from work. I had 6 Grand on me. There was a left over '05 sitting by the front door. It was on sale for $4999. It was $5499 OTD. I didnt even look at anything else. I knew nothing about quads accept I thought it really looked coool and I had the money in my pocket to buy it. I was sitting on it when the salesman walked up and asked... "Can I help you?" Without hestitation I pulled 60 Ben Franklins outta my front pocket and said "I want this Quad. Load it up in my truck." It was just about dark by the time I drove away from the shop. BTW, I didnt bother to ask my ol lady if I could buy it. LOL. Anyway, I took it by the house and showed her. She was kinda stunned but not mad. We drove over to a friend of mines house and unloaded it. I took it to the field across the street from his house. HOLY CHIT!!!!! I was surprised by the power. I had it for about 2 weeks and took it to Sand Lake. I was there a few hours and rolled it on a banked turn at the top of the bowl right before you get to the one-ways. When it rolled, I flew off and landed on my belly. The quad came bouncing and landed on my back. For a month I couldnt even walk. I was scared of it. I considered trading it for a 250EX. Went back to the shop. The salesman said..."Dude!!! You dont want a 250EX!!! Trust me. Just get used to it" I still wasnt convinced. I put it on craigslist for $4000. Calls were coming in. I had a guy that wanted to come look at it that evening. I decided to take it for one last ride at Browns Camp before I sold it. I was still afraid of it. After about 5 minutes I started feeling comfortable on it again. I decided right then, I loved my Honda 450 and would learn how to ride it instead of selling it. That was late Nov of '06. Work was slow for a Painter in Oregon. My new job everyday? Going to Browns Camp and ridding my Quad. I bought my Girl Friend an '02 Blaster. I rode my 450 for 4-6 hours almost every single day for 3 months. And yes, I know my way around Browns Camp pretty well. LOL. In March I bought her an '06 TRX250EX (Thank God I didnt trade my 450 for one of those) LOL Since then, I have become totally addicted to quads. I love them. Couldnt imagine not owning at least one quad. Luckily I have two. My "07 was $6500 OTD in July of '07. Bought it for my Girlfriend. Traded in her 250 EX. A month later we broke up. So, I wound up with two Honda 450's.  

By Mikey69, in General ATV Discussion

• 163 replies