Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Linda Fender

2005 poloris magnum 4x4

Sounds like the fuel line or gas valve at the bottom of the tank has a restriction.  

I would take the fuel line off of the carb and put it in a can of some sort and open the valve make sure there is good flow. 

If that is not the case then it would be inside the carburetor like a stuck float or something inside one of the jets. 

Thats easy enough to take apart and clean out. 

Was the bike sitting at all for a bit ? 

26 minutes ago, Frank Angerano said:

Sounds like the fuel line or gas valve at the bottom of the tank has a restriction.  

I would take the fuel line off of the carb and put it in a can of some sort and open the valve make sure there is good flow. 

If that is not the case then it would be inside the carburetor like a stuck float or something inside one of the jets. 

Thats easy enough to take apart and clean out. 

Was the bike sitting at all for a bit ? 

Yes setting for about a year. I would start it once in a while and it starts right up. Starting riding it and it ran good for about a mile then die. If it sits for awhile it will start again but only for a short time. Thanks for the info. I took the fuel pump off but don't really think that is the problem. I turned gas  on and no gas in line, put it on reserve and had a full steam. That's the part I don't understand.

So I would drain the fuel out and take that gas valve off of the tank.  You can take it apart , usually a few screws that hold the thing together The main fuel port inside that patcock valve is prob clogged.  

Be carfeull not to damage the rubber gasket inside.  

I would also clean the carb as well. I have a feeling that float is not moving freely.  

Might as well do it now while your at it! 

Good luck! 

12 hours ago, Linda Fender said:

Yes setting for about a year. I would start it once in a while and it starts right up. Starting riding it and it ran good for about a mile then die. If it sits for awhile it will start again but only for a short time. Thanks for the info. I took the fuel pump off but don't really think that is the problem. I turned gas  on and no gas in line, put it on reserve and had a full steam. That's the part I don't understand.

Thanks for your info!! Have a great day