Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Resurgence Small Engine Inc.

Diagnostics - Bad Voltage Regulator (2007 Arctic Cat 700 EFI)

Diagnostics - Bad Voltage Regulator (2007 Arctic Cat 700 EFI)

In this video, Jonathan investigates a client's observation that he has had to replace the battery every 2 years on his 2007 Arctic Cat 700.

Watch the video to follow Jonathan's diagnostic process.

Thanks for watching!

Resurgence Small Engine Inc.

The video showed with the machine running "Volt" was flashing on the display. It will show when voltage is out of range, either hi or low.

I would think the machine owner would be seeing this and apparently did nothing about it since the video mentioned he has to replace his battery every two years. With the regulator putting out too much voltage, he is frying the battery.

Mike

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Justin Johnson
      I have a 2010 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 when I turn the ignition key to the opposition the accessory still stays on and create a draw on the battery can anyone help
    • By WPW
      Does anyone know how to test a voltage regulator for this machine? My clymer manual gives no specs at all. The bike is producing 14 volts with battery charged. Terminals and connections have been cleaned. When at an idle turning on the lights kills the engine. Revved it stays running and I can return to idle and now turn lights off and on as I please. I'm being led to the voltage regulator but would like to be able to test it to be sure. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated 

• By scottj11
      Hello, how are you'ns doing? I'm in the process of tearing my Kawasaki Bayou down to fix a rattling noise and an oil leak. I'll probably be asking questions about this project. My step-son has an Arctic Cat 300, he was riding yesterday and when he turned it off it was running fine, but it won't do anything. The lights come on but it won't turn over or anything. Does anyone have any ideas on what might be wrong? TIA
    • By technofarmer
      Since Arctic Cat sold to Textron, there has definitely been some changes on a few things. Just before this happened i saw some 4 wheelers at a dealer that i had never seen before and had to drop by and see them. They were made by Textron and called the Onslaught, it had a 550 engine (single cylinder i think) and were made in Taiwan.  Now that the two companies have merged i can't find the Onslaught ATV anymore, and now both Textron and AC are making the WIldcat and the Alterra but i keep hearing and reading that they have the same engines as one another but different frames.    Surely someone knows more about this situation than i do, what can you tell me?