Quantcast

1997 Kawasaki Bayou 300 2x4 (klf300b) Runs Bad

JacobSlabach

I do not mind the longer frame for wheelies myself. weight no.. 

wonder what the weight difference of the bayou vs polaris. how much could it be to prevent wheelies, jumps, and only snapping a shock I mean - that's the best thing to snap! that bayou is doing you right, that clicking is probably kisses you're neglectin :P

• 2 weeks later...

Had a guy come and drop his bayou off for me to service.  While he was here he asked about my bayou.  Went to start it and it floods out like it did before (last issue I posted about it before the broken shock)  pissed me off pretty bad cause yesterday and the day before it started no problem.....now the guy is probably like what the hecks wrong with this kid- his bike wont even run....though he was a lot nicer than that about it...  so all in all I want to resolve this issue now before I get his bike working so that he could test ride mine when he picks his up...  This is either a sp issue or a ignition coil issue I'm thinking...  Its the 3rd brand new sp the bike has blown since I rebuilt... What do yall think?

Your float in the bowl may be getting a little jammed up allowing excess fuel to get into the engin/head thus flooding out the sp.  The float has a pivot point where it mounts to the carburetor. Either it’s getting stuck on the way up or the pin that the float pushes up is getting stuck. I know the over flow would show signs of fuel dumping out but it may not be so severe that it’s showing. 

Also one more thing. The top of that pin has a rubber tip on it.  Take a look and maybe replace the pin if needed. Check that the pivot point on the float looks straight and nothing is restricting its travel. 

Btw, bayou is for officially for sale for $800 first come first serve lol  if you read this thread, you know all of it's history as far as I've owned it...  massage me privately if interested.

20180105_073211.JPG

20180105_072947.JPG

20180105_073019.JPG

20180105_073223.JPG

I'm thinking the ignition coil is going bad maybe causing a weak spark and that was also causing it to run rich (and after riding the 220, I noticed its a little more sluggish is throwing the power down)

• 1 year later...