Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

JacobSlabach

1997 Kawasaki Bayou 300 2x4 (klf300b) Runs Bad

Ok so when you rotate the motor and watch the cam spin  is there any point that the valve rocker is tight ? Like lo play ?

Is that spot where the rockers are tight anywhere near top dead center ?  I just find it so odd that there is a spot like that and it’s not top dead center.  

ohhhh i see what youre driving at...maybe lol  I will check when I'm swapping out the shocks lol i was ripping at some land we own and broke a front shock on a jump 🤣

Lol we were just talking about jumping! You don’t learn do you? Lol nice work kid keep at it.  If you can’t break it then it’s no fun! 

i broke mine trying to winch drag it over a rock in the snow and it pop'd that rubber drain plug (while running) and sounded like a man drowning on his own blood!!! does that count same as jumping and snappn' a shock :D

• Haha 1

haha.. I'm definitely selling this one... doesnt do the two things I love best- jumping and popping wheelies😅

• Sad 1

how many jumps n wheelies can you do with utility 2x4? heh

Edited by pokerl0w

....haha a lot with a honda or 2x4 polaris or yamaha.... the bayou just has a frame too long and too heavy for the power it puts down..no torque..:nah:

Edited by JacobSlabach

I do not mind the longer frame for wheelies myself. weight no.. 

wonder what the weight difference of the bayou vs polaris. how much could it be to prevent wheelies, jumps, and only snapping a shock I mean - that's the best thing to snap! that bayou is doing you right, that clicking is probably kisses you're neglectin :P

haha welll lets just say I cant wait to get rid of it and get my sportsman working:v_SPIN:

Nooooo thanks! I’m kinda backed up on bikes right now.  Three bikes to sell right now.  And after watching @06kfx440 ride his bike I have to get that Mojave I have sitting around doing nothing moving.   I have not rode a clutch bike in a while so im Itching.  

You can ride mine any time you want Frank.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Had a guy come and drop his bayou off for me to service.  While he was here he asked about my bayou.  Went to start it and it floods out like it did before (last issue I posted about it before the broken shock)  pissed me off pretty bad cause yesterday and the day before it started no problem.....now the guy is probably like what the hecks wrong with this kid- his bike wont even run....though he was a lot nicer than that about it...  so all in all I want to resolve this issue now before I get his bike working so that he could test ride mine when he picks his up...  This is either a sp issue or a ignition coil issue I'm thinking...  Its the 3rd brand new sp the bike has blown since I rebuilt... What do yall think?

Your float in the bowl may be getting a little jammed up allowing excess fuel to get into the engin/head thus flooding out the sp.  The float has a pivot point where it mounts to the carburetor. Either it’s getting stuck on the way up or the pin that the float pushes up is getting stuck. I know the over flow would show signs of fuel dumping out but it may not be so severe that it’s showing. 

Also one more thing. The top of that pin has a rubber tip on it.  Take a look and maybe replace the pin if needed. Check that the pivot point on the float looks straight and nothing is restricting its travel. 

Curious. What's your voltage at in the sp boot, coil and stator

That is a great question.   It could be that your spark is breaking down at some point and soaking the plug because no or poor spark. Definitely a good possibility.    @06kfx440 👍

I'll try to get it looked at...  focusing on my sportsman and the 220 I'm working on rn

Btw, bayou is for officially for sale for $800 first come first serve lol  if you read this thread, you know all of it's history as far as I've owned it...  massage me privately if interested.

20180105_073211.JPG

20180105_072947.JPG

20180105_073019.JPG

20180105_073223.JPG

I'm thinking the ignition coil is going bad maybe causing a weak spark and that was also causing it to run rich (and after riding the 220, I noticed its a little more sluggish is throwing the power down)

On 2/22/2019 at 6:36 PM, 06kfx440 said:

Curious. What's your voltage at in the sp boot, coil and stator

I will see if I can check the voltage at the boot.  How is the best way to do that?  Just hook positive of a multimeter to the boot and the other end on the frame?