Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

orangeRcode

I've owned bikes and quads for years.  Currently ride an 07 Raptor 700 SE.  My 15 year old son has a TRX 90 but he grew so much over the summer that he's outgrown it.  I picked up a project bike (1998 Kawasaki Bayou 300) for a couple hundred. It started but wouldn't run so I knew the carb was in need of attention.  Tires all shot (likely the original).  

Pulled off the carb and put in the cleaner for a couple of days.  Pulled it out and cleaned it up and installed a kit.  Reinstalled and fired right up.  Now I've got to chase down some wiring gremlins from the previous owner. No ignition key just some toggle switch.  The wiring looks like it was hacked up by freddy kruger.  Got to tear into it after we get back deer hunting this weekend.  Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.     

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Venom
      Hi, All

I started this project a while ago.. I have decided to make one thread I can continuously update..

So , here we go. I got this Raptor 80 in really bad condition.. Rear end frozen, Engine toast, tires dry rotted, tons of rust..etc.. They admitted they beat on it very hard.

Since they do not make these with a drive shaft anymore I decided to restore it from top to bottom..

These are photos of when I got it home.

Next up, the tear down..

First, I needed to tear it down and determine if the rear end was still good... As we all know... That is where it would be cost prohibitive to restore if it is trashed..

Got it completely stripped down and I lucked out... The rear Drum brake was caked solid inside with dried mud. That was causing the rear end to lock up. Took off the rear brakes and the rear end spun perfectly smooth.

Once I got it all stripped apart I needed to take the finish off all the parts. I am going to be powder coating the frame and many parts.. Once the finish is off each part it will need to be sandblasted to white metal .. The guy I use for powder coating gives me a hefty discount if I bring the parts to him ready to go.

You could just sand blast, but that would take a long time to get the finish off. First I used Aircraft Paint Remover.. That stuff is pretty toxic Goggles and Resperator are required. That quickly gets you down to the metal... Then you can sand blast to white metal pretty quickly...

I had another thread I had started about a problem with the tear down... It has some great info .... here is the link... It is about removing the frame bushings. ....

https://www.quadcrazy.com/atvforum/topic/14209-raptor-80-frame-bushings/?tab=comments#comment-104702
    • By Ron Boyd
      I was wondering if the complete headlight assembly from a 06 yfz450 would fit my 05 raptor 660r looking for a quick responses I found a set new for 25 bucks and either way dont want to pass up but was qurious.
    • By Rich1028
      Anyone Ride RED BRIDGE ATV TRAILS?
      https://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/michigan_03384/ride_79d2.htm
    • By Rich1028
      anyone ride Indian River ATV Trail
      https://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/michigan_14323/ride_5222.htm
    • By KINGSIZE
      Howdy,

I was given a 2008 Yamaha Timberwolf by my in laws a few weeks back. Of course my FIL said it hasn’t run in 8 years but all it needs is gas and oil!

That hasn’t been the case...so far I’ve replaced the spark plug, changed air filter, replaced battery, replaced fuel and oil filters, fresh oil and gas. I tried starting her up and no luck, it turns over but won’t get going.

Now I’ve moved on to cleaning the carburetor which I’ve heard is a common problem area. I can’t figure out how to remove the bowl at the bottom, any suggestions? I removed the four screws that I thought were holding it in place but the bowl won’t budge

Thanks and looking forward to getting her running!
      Some photos of what I’ve got going on , this has taken over the garage