Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Frank Angerano

Neutral safety switch

I've been out of commission with health issues, but I was able to take the motor out of my 220 and broke most of it down. They ran it out of oil and the bearing in the connecting rod to crank siezed. I gotta see if I can find new parts. Not sure the extent of the damage yet though. I haven't got the crank out yet. I was also surprised how good condition everything is except for the siezed bearing. I'm hoping I can afford to fix it but if not I'm gonna convert it to a side by side home-made golf cart and find another shaft drive water-cooled 500cc or so. That's a really sweet looking 220 you got Frank. Your kid is gonna love it!

Thanks @Rick Shropshire It’s a good bike I picked up sitting in a shed.  It’s in excellent condition aside from the dirt and a little rust. The last owner put it away due to his age and the bike would not start any longer.   Hence the neutral safety switch replacement.  I jumped the switch out and the engine runs excellent 

Honestly I’m 50/50 on keeping it.   I guess I will have to see how it turns out and make a decision.  But I’m prob leaning in the direction of a 4x4 for him. So I will run it after it’s done for a bit and prob put it up for sale along with a Mojave that I picked up and will be posting soon. Combined sale should leave me more then enough to buy a nice 4x4 for him.   

Hope your feeling better.   

• Like 1

im trying to not get hospitalized, i got my  new/used multi-process welder fixed up and all put together, got steel, and I want to start doing the mods on the honda shadow so I can get that  atv axle mounted.  That bike is one heavy beast to move around without wheels on it. hahaha.  aand I need the space to put the lift and bigger wheels on my g1 golf cart and the beast honda shadow is in the way! I like those "dont run, been sitting in the shed" deals. Thats how I got my G1 golf cart. A clip popped off one of the linkages and the linkage popped loose from the carb. I fixed that and had to find roller wheels. It runs great, just looks rough at the moment. Itll look tough when I get done with it. Pics for sure when I can.

So the new part has  arrived! $13.00 bucks and it’s oem so that’s good.   Take a look at the pics and you can see the projection of the metal tab that’s spring loaded coming out of the reverse cam.  That should surely reach the electronic pick ups on the neutral safety and reverse switch.  I’m off to go get some beer and head to the garage! Pics and the end result coming soon! Maybe have it done by the weekend.  Only a few hours each day to get this done.  

D454EB4D-A18A-4D0F-B0AB-AAE93E7874CB.jpeg

73BE6DF3-927F-4BD2-BA02-FA50BBE2767F.jpeg

5739E6C3-8E5D-4F20-BEA4-3AB3D12B7C97.jpeg

That looks to be the culprit. Good luck brother.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Update ! Parts installed and all back together.   Reused the old neutral safety switch since it was never bad in the first place. Bike runs great.  Going to post a few more pics tomorrow of it all back together.  

7FBB4486-630B-4E30-838E-4366E4D42F45.jpeg

F2F8D0D4-3E77-43AA-898F-1C7D179F41C6.jpeg

2D6C37B9-3C7F-436D-B469-E0FC2893EE98.jpeg

75FEC712-E0B4-4B30-BB9A-8A5FEB2F69D8.jpeg

17B5D340-06FB-42DD-9116-5CA32D4388A8.jpeg

C80C9384-5DEA-4649-AB06-E532C7EA337F.jpeg

• Like 1

It’s all done. Final touches put on today. Runs great. The last owner of this bike kept it in amazing shape.  All the lights work and had added rubber boots over the plug and bulb assembly’s def not factory. Haven’t seen that before.  Everything was kept in tact and not beat up.  But anyway it’s all wrapped up.  Thanks @wanrep for the help with the pointers and pics for this bike.  It’s always easier when you see pics form someone else’s project. 

09B840AC-87AB-49B8-BC09-0845696C567C.jpeg

7D513080-9805-41C3-A41B-C5C536FDC20C.jpeg

923C2749-7E3E-4DE3-9445-B8DEAD303F65.jpeg

43D14C49-36FF-4FCE-A7BC-D533E5BADDAB.jpeg

990E21DA-A4C3-46C8-94EB-5639037C46BF.jpeg

C570C4EE-EA3F-4EDC-A678-CCD648BCFDAD.jpeg

My first quad I bought was a Mojave. Black. It was fun for what it was. Also the first quad I was thrown from. Trees don't move. I tried. Lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I really have no reason for this bike.  The price was right, it’s a fun bike for my oldest to play with and the bike is in great condition.   Going to roll it out of the garage and see what’s what.   I really am starting to think I need a bike lift.  

Edited by Frank Angerano