Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Oldmachine

1986 moto 4

I recently acquired a 1986 moto 4 and I cant trace the vin enough to find the engine size on this model. I have run it through decoders and all I get is 86 moto 4. As far as I can tell the engine code would be 59V. Any help would be appreciated so I can start working on this old quad. 

16 hours ago, Frank Angerano said:

Are you able to clean that number up and verify that it’s correct ? It’s not coming back with anything. Other then the year. 

Thats all I was getting too

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By amharrison24
      i have a 91 moto 4 100. has electric start only. for as long as i could remember we have always pushed start it. after riding for while you shut it off. you are able to hit the start button and it will start right up. anyone know where i should start with fixing this issue? im fixing it up for my niece. thank you in advance.
    • By Steve Bethany Poston
      I just got an old YFM200DX Moto 4 and upon checking the oil in the rear differential I took out I assume the fill plug and it fished out old nasty oil. I plan on flushing the oil and replacing but was wanting to make sure if you drain bottom plug and just fill up to the check plug. Only thing I can think of someone filled it up by the breather on top? Plan on unhooking the hose and blowing it out tomorrow. I also do not have a service manual yet. Also right now the diff vent hose just goes up under the tank to nothing. Does it plug into back hole in the air box? Thanks 
    • By Ben Cramp
      I am hoping one of you knowledgable people can answer this for me. I have a yfm200 moto 4 engine I want to put in an off road go kart. I would like to mount a sproket where the drive exits the case before the u joint so that I can get rid of drive shaft and make engine bay compact. To do this I would mount engine 90° to axle but would also need to tilt it forward 15° to account for the angle the drive exists rear of casing. Would that be ok? Would oil pump etc still work. Any advice greatly recieved.

• By Ted Craig
      I know a lot of people say not to use anything but Oem. For the sake of the those who chose not to, or the OEM part cost more than the project, lets hold back negative comments. 
        I just purchased a carburetor that is supposed to be up to OEM specs. The company has a good reputation on eBay and Amazon. The Carb is supposed to be for this bike and jetted exactly. 
        This question should basically go under carb adjustment. I installed the new carb, the bike idles fine. On throttle it sputters half the time and the other half it will rev up fine. Does this sound like the needle is set at the wrong point? Does it sound like the main jet is the wrong size? Or is there another adjustment besides the air/fuel screw thats is 2 turns out? 
        Yes i could truck through old threads and possibly find the answer, but i thought it would be nice to have one tailored to new carb installs.