Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

IDaman

I live in the Boise Mountains in Ola, ID. I have a 2000 Suzuki 300 King Quad I'm fixing up. It's a great little hunting rig, and I've toted a fair amount of venison home with it.

2013 Buck - Buckzilla III.jpg

2014 Coyote II.jpg

• Like 1

That background looks great, I could only imagine riding let alone hunting out there! 

I think I may dedicate a little time this year to a few road trips !!!!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Frank Angerano said:

That background looks great, I could only imagine riding let alone hunting out there! 

I think I may dedicate a little time this year to a few road trips !!!!

I wish...

• Like 1

It's a beautiful country we live in.

View fron High Valley Rd.jpg

1 hour ago, JacobSlabach said:

welcome!!!👍  nice bike!!  those older foot shift bikes are such beasts for their size...

Thanks, Jacob. It's a great machine.

🙏🏻True !

I would like to get out there and see it. Me and my oldest have to get on the road this year!  I just picked up a trailer plus I have the pick up.   We have been talking about an out of state hunt this year coming and I think it’s a must of a road trip. 

So when does your hunting season begin and end ? Is it cold during your season. I would love to know some of those things and maybe a little more.  I’ve had invites to go to Texas but I’m not a fan of hunting in warm weather. Lol. 

So we are going to make a move at some point and hunt someplace far from home and enjoy the views and ride.  

I missed this topic, welcome @IDaman and great photos! Looks like a big buck and is that a coyote or small wolf?

Every time I see a pic of a deer kill, I think of that great day power loader.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That was a well fed coyote. My buck (2013) was measured at B&C 298 6/8". I'm guessing it was 300# on the hoof. By far the biggest buck I've ever shot. It was a real challenge loading it by myself onto the front of that Suzuki King Quad. Fortunately I had the winch.  Interesting antlers.

I'm going to look into that power loader. Thanks for the tip.

2013 head III.jpg

2013 head V.jpg

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Arby911
      I can't for the life of me find the correct service manual for this unit. It's air cooled, not liquid (oil cooler tho) and every manual I find has the wrong front differential diagram (it does NOT have a 2wd/4wd shifter).
      I'd be eternally grateful if someone could point me in the right direction. I can probably slog it out from some of the exploded diagrams I've found, but a good "do this, do NOT do that" manual would be a godsend.
      Regards,
      Ross
    • By joseph
      my atv will start right up will idle fine soon as i try to throttle up engine dies,i have changed gas,new fuel pump and lines great compression 188 lbs.new coil new spark plug adjusted valves dont know what to do also rebuilt carb,any help wanted
    • By Frisbie6
      This is a strange question maybe.  I just finished cleaning my old barn find Suzuki.  I think it's a 1985.  LT230 shaft drive.  Started it up and other than making some carb adjustments (well, I think that's all I have to do) it runs fine.
      But as I drove it around the yard I noticed that it is hard to steer.  The front tires seem like they are barely touching the ground!  The handle bar moves fine and the wheels turn, but the tires don't grip the grass.
      When I lean forward as far as I can the tires actually bite into the grass and turn the bike.  When I sit on the bike it just plows straight ahead.
      Has anyone seem anything like this? 
      I wonder if the back tires are too small, causing the bike to lean backwards.  Does anyone have the specs on what size tires I should have?
      Thanks for any help provided...
    • By Frank Angerano
      So for us here in NY southern zone the deer rifle hunting season opens up tomorrow morning at sun up!  Looks like about 8-10 inches of ❄️  fell up where we hunt.
      The bikes are ready, gear loaded and ready to go bags packed and the truck gassed up! 
      To all my fellow hunters that will be out there chasing that big buck; should some of us get lucky..... may be using their ATV to load up that deer and take him to the butcher  I say good luck be careful and be safe.  
      Post some pics of how you did or didn’t do lol because it’s not about always shooting something but the time spent enjoying the woods and fresh air and riding in the ❄️!
      My oldest boy is of age to have his rifle and big game tag this year so this is a special year, wish him some Quadcrazy luck! 
      Im banking on one of us getting lucky 🦌 this year especially bc I am out of venison 😢. I make some really good jerky and pot roast!  
      Hope to see some pics! 

• By scott1445
      Found this system and have tried it on my quad (and bikes) had to mod the mount a little to fit my wider bars but that was simple with some aluminum flat stock adding 2" to each side. Simple wiring and all in one unit so did not have to bury an amp....loaded it up with music and also use my bluetooth on phone...wanted to share....its on ebay under firehousetechnology . wanted to share will post more as I ride more but so far so good and simple addition! They are on facebook also under firehouse technology if you wanted to see what they posted
      Here is video link to there initial post and video

• By Frisbie6
      I hope someone can help me with this.  I recently finished cleaning up an old barn find Quadrunner 230 Shaft drive.  The only thing I lost during the process was the screw that holds the airbox cover in place.  The suzuki part number seems to be 02142-0516A. 
      Naturally I would rather pick one up locally, but I can't find a description of what size the screw is.  I have tries everything in my bin of leftover screws, and nothing fits.
      So the question is, does anyone know what size this screw is, or can anyone tell me how to find out?  I have searched google for cross reference and come up empty.
      Thanks for any help!