Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Rick Shropshire

today the Bayou 220, tomorrow the world

Im rick, and im new here. I just got a Bayou 220 for $125. It locks up after a few rounds, Im pulling the motor now to see wtf. It didnt rattle or knock when it fires a few short times and it cranks and cranks with the starter before it locked up again. Ill know more tonight, but I actually bought it for the wheels to upgrade a G1 golf cart but if I can fix it, Ill keep it a bike, otherwise it gets cut up and merged with a golf cart. I have a larger bayou rear axle merging with a honda shadow vtwin 1100cc shaft drive bike and and yamaha golf cart. I am building "Frank" or "Frankie" the monster cart with around 10 to 12 inch and 26's. I like building modified toys especially when its done and it works, and doesnt cost me a fortune! lol I can weld and all that crap, been a mechanic all my life, I fix shit!! Im just disabled now and not as pliable as I was 20 years ago. I still fix shit, just takes me longer now with health and age, and Im on a low budget now. Good thing I have tools to do things myself or I'd be forced to be a couch potato. Anyway, thanks for letting me join. I have already read lots of cool threads and cant wait to show more pics of my progress

1986-honda-vt1100c-shaddow-94291-528.jpg

48317968_2350483158357340_3318643456351404032_n.jpg

49023119_2379656968773292_7123193742768472064_n.jpg

47126347_2338389539566702_8276514168232738816_n.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome @Rick Shropshire ! That's a great price for a bayou or let alone any atv! Is that a three wheel from a motorcycle and rear axle of an atv? Lets see some more pictures of that..😛 I love seeing modifications like what you are doing, pretty cool!

yeah thats an abandoned honda shadow watercooled vtwin 1100cc with shaft drive a friend gave me. I recently bought as shaft drive axle out of an atv., maybe a bayou 400? Thats why I need several books! lol. Im gonna be building a frame for the honda and eventually turn it into a 2 seater monster cart and was thinking about jeep body replica I can make for it later. I bought the bayou 220 for a parts bike but I was only shopping for that size in used wheels and tires for my golf cart upgrades. I just got lucky. Turns out I can use that whole bike to build another cart if its not an easy fix with that motor. I am torn between keeping it as a bike and chopping it up. lolI do plan to post updates. stay tuned...