Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Jeff Wharton

2000 Arctic Cat 300 Cuts Off On Acceleration

I have a 2000 Arctic Cat 300 4 wheeler. I have been having some carburetor issues. So i bought a new carb. Now I'm having these issues. The unit will start and idle fine, when i go to accelerate it wants to cut off. So i checked to make sure it was getting gas and the fuel filter will be full of gas and then once the carb opens the filter drains down and will not refill quick enough to run. So i checked to make sure gas was flowing to the filter and it is flowing fine through the line. I remove the filter and run the gas line directly to the carb and the engine idle fine and then it will run good as i ride it for about 10 minutes then it will start with the same issues again i cannot accelerate enough to move the 4 wheeler. Every time i accelerate the unit will cut off. What is wrong with this thing. My 400 Arctic Cat is doing the same thing except it will backfire, I'm lost i have tried everything i know to do, what am i missing here. Thanks for your help

It sounds like a lean  issue  with both quads.  Is the  stock  air  filter in place ?  Some quads lean  out and don't want to  run right without the air  filter .  Check to  make  sure  there's nothing restricting the fuel  flow to the carb. Also  check  to see if a small  piece of  crud has gotten  into  the  carb inlet  and resstricting fuel  flow  past the float needle . The new  carb you  bought might not be calibrated properly  for your  machine. Check the  clip  on  the  main throttle  needle.  You may need to  move  it down towards the needle  tip  to  make it open more  under throttle.  Check  is  the  idle  air  screw. It  may be  adjusted a  little too  lean. That would let it  idle but  when you  go to  open the throttle  the mixture goes  a bit to  lean  and it stumbles.  All  these lean  burn  symptoms  would be  more pronounced  when the motor is  warm.

Those are about all  I   can think of to  suggest  checking ..  Good  luck  and  Happy  New Year .

• Like 1

Is the machine gravity fed or is there a vacuum fuel impulse pump? Is the gas tank under the seat in the rear? Or is the gas tank on top?

Another thing to check is the vent line to the gas tank, if its plugged up, it won't allow fuel to flow properly.

Mike

@Jeff Wharton Topic moved to Arctic Cat forum and edited topic title to include ATV info and issue. 🙂

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Zilla28
      While riding my Quadzilla XLC 500 I was cruising along about 60 mph then opened it up, but once I hit 70-75 mph it died on me so I rolled to a stop and it wouldn't start for about 20-30 seconds. I then noticed the Temp light occasionally flashes on but its so quick you wouldn't notice in the day so not sure how long its been happening. The engine has started pinging when I accelerate which can be caused by many things so I drained the fuel and replaced with hi octane, fitted a new spark plug, adjusted the little washer on the high jet in the carb twice to make it run more lean which made no difference.  I tested the thermostat which opens at the correct temperature, I removed the radiator cap and started the engine and no bubbles were showing and the oil is on maximum and very clean as I have not long serviced it.
      The last time I took it out I went 14 miles and the coolant in the bottle has dropped about 1/2".
      I am now leaning towards a head gasket and have purchased a full gasket kit but was wondering if there's anything else it could be before taking the engine apart.
    • By mikeexplorer
      ARCTIC CAT BRANDED SIDE-BY-SIDES AND ATVS ARE COMING BACK
      Passion can change people. Change minds. And in the end, it can take us back to where our family has been all along. Because Arctic Cat fans and powersports enthusiasts demanded it, the Arctic Cat® name will be returning to ATVs and Side-by-Sides in 2019.
      With a legacy of innovation, performance and fun, our legendary lineup of ATVs, side-by-sides and snowmobiles are built to take you anywhere you want to go — from carving up mountain snow on a Mountain Cat Alpha One in British Columbia, to flying over the dunes in Glamis in a Wildcat™ XX. And these high-performance vehicles are still made proudly in Thief River Falls, Minnesota.

https://www.arcticcat.com/the-cat-is-back/

• By Arby911
      I can't for the life of me find the correct service manual for this unit. It's air cooled, not liquid (oil cooler tho) and every manual I find has the wrong front differential diagram (it does NOT have a 2wd/4wd shifter).
      I'd be eternally grateful if someone could point me in the right direction. I can probably slog it out from some of the exploded diagrams I've found, but a good "do this, do NOT do that" manual would be a godsend.
      Regards,
      Ross
    • By tundrawolf
      Hi, I have one of the very first Rincons. Recently after sitting for a while, a few months, it will start but not idle.
      I took the carb off and cleaned the jets, but they seemed clean. I have tried adjusting the throttle stop idle but it still stalls.
      I absolutely do not like CV carbs and I don't know much about them, but what else could this be? If not clogged jets there's so many hoses and tubes on this thing and wires and sensors I don't know where to begin.
    • By StolenATV
      MY 4 YR. OLD GRANDSONS KAZUMA 4 WHEELER WAS STOLEN FROM OUR GARAGE A WEEK AGO. IT IS RED AND BLACK. ANY INFO PLEASE CALL 517-250-8015
      The post Stolen KAZUMA 50CC 4 WHEELER appeared first on Stolen 911.
      View the full article
  • Similar Tagged Content