Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Thomas Aucoin

2006 Arctic Cat 400cc Running Problem

My Arctic Cat will not suck from the fuel tank and start. I replaced the Carburator, fuel pump, spark plug, air filter and hoses. I can run a fuel line to a gas can with the top off and drop the fuel line in it and it will start. So I was thinking I had a problem with my fuel tank but I can siphon fuel out of it

So I bought a portable 6 gallon tank and mounted it on the luggage rack but it will not suck out of the new tank. But if I take the filler cap off and drop the fuel hose in the tank it run suck gas and run

Any suggestions? Electric fuel pump?

It sounds like it’s a vent problem more then a  suction problem.   Have you checked all the vent and or vacuum lines?   

11 hours ago, Frank Angerano said:

It sounds like it’s a vent problem more then a  suction problem.   Have you checked all the vent and or vacuum lines?   

Frank

You are correct. I finally discovered a nipple where a vacuum line should go that was broke off. I glued another nipple in it’s place and my problem was fixed.

Thank you for your assistance 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By mike13ortega
      hey i recently bought a 1988 honda fourtrax trx300 2wd that dosnt run, it has no spark when i tryied kickstarting it the neutral light comes right up so i thought it may have some spark but checked it with the sparkplug against the frame and electric starting it and NO SPARK!!! so i dont know what might be wrong, i checked all the wiring and it all looks good, i put my honda recon coil it it and still no spark so im left with maybe a bad cdi??? or what else could it be??? any help please
    • By Todd Trask
      Well, I received stator, pick and new key switch asembly. I have great spark. Thanks to all whom responded.
      NOW it Starts up with hesitation. Idles good , give a little gas it boggs down, back fires & dies instantly. Will start up after it back fires
      DID I MESS WITH TIMING
    • By Rob113
      Hello guys! I ride a triton 450 super moto. i hawe change connecting road... Now all is okey,test drive ok manny km done. But there is one problem...i hawe buy a new accu. But the starter is verry hard rotate...almost stops.  So the motor is wery hard to start. I hawe trie connect the starter directley to accu and its the same thing.Before rebuild the starter has work normal.
      What hawe i done wrong?
      Sorry for my English:)
    • By mikeexplorer
      Came across this site today that has a lot of Arctic Cat information. http://shop.arcticcat.eu/isoled-shop/media/uploads/service_support/?dir=

Mike

• By VFWVET
      Just purchased one of these and I have a few questions:  Went to change the air filter and it fell apart, but there were two pieces of the foam wrapping the wire cage - Normal?  In addition there was about an inch of oil in the bottom of the air filter box - again - Normal?  The backing piece of plastic for the wire cage was laying in the bottom of the filter box and the bolt was also in the oil.   I am also looking for a recommendation on what to do with the machine as far as maintenance, it runs well, shifts fine, needs a new battery, but what else should I be checking?  The previous owner had it for over 25 years and does not have any records or memory of the last oil change or any other maintenance other than needing to replace the battery a couple of years ago and placing a car battery on the front rack and running wires to the starter.   Learning curve is sharp, but looking forward to the experience.   Thanks for your input.  
    • By Warren Miller
      Went to replace battery, then put the old one back on instead. Seeming as it didn't quite fit, I moved the battery on its side, and moved the wiring around a bit. Screwed connectors down into the terminal, now it won't start. Battery has charge, lights work,  but I hear clicking coming from the electric start, and the pull start will not work either. Could it be a bad wire or a wire that shorted??? it just worked right before I went to replace the battery.