Quantcast

Mudlite tire question

I'm buying some mudlites tomorrow I can get 25 XL for 550 with type 5 rims shipped or should I go ahead and get the 26 XL for 50 bucks more. I been comparing weights and the 26 XL dont seem to be that much heavier than the 25 XL These are the weights I found from two different websites. These are going on a 06 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4X4

25x8-12 XL F/R 24

25x10-12 XL F/R 29

25x12-12 XL F/R 26

----------------------

26x9-12 XL F 22

26x10-12 XL F/R 23

26x12-12 XL R 27

============

XL 25x8-12 19.5

XL 25x10-12 22.5

-----------------------

XL 26x9-12 23.2

XL 26x10-12 22.9

XL 26x12-12 25.9

I dont understand why i would need a clutch kit with the 25's since the kodiaks came with 25's stock unless the put a lighter clutch in the Wolfy

yes the 25 XL has the same lug as the 26 XL 1 1/8 The 25 AT has the 3/4 lug

The chasis is the same, but the fine tuning is different than the Kodiaks . Sorry , just trying to save you some money down the road. Being a single range not a hi/low range tranny a clutch kit saves wear and tear on the belt. Just telling you what most mud boggers do.Same thing for the Scrambler owners to. Not to mention you won't notice as much of a power loss with a clutch kit going to bigger tires.

Ok thats what I wasnt sure of it yamaha tuned it different for the 23 inch tires Looks like i'll go with the 25's for now and then the clutch
Watch how hard you play in the mud until you get a clutch kit. We have a yamaha dealer that installs clutch kits for free if you buy tires and rims from them , wether a new quad or used. They swear by them.

• 2 weeks later...
l_922d1fd2f136abe63af52ae132001deb.jpg

l_cecd12a7f12acb105ac91d89a973524e.jpg

l_b6f69e4f5b3f24f8fd32c02a05985c58.jpg

now you know whatwould add to the performance and the look of this quad.

as soon as i seen the pic i thought.

that exhaust stands out. looks a little crappy. [no offense] :cute:

now picture an HMF sport series slip on.

Polished Aluminum with a Blue Turndown cap. and painted the back rack Black.

Now that would look.

BAAAADDDDDDD :yes:

I did paint the front bumper black along with the rear axle and differental. I was thinking about painting the rack black but as much as I use it I dont think the paint would last long. Maybe I should rhino coat it. After I get new black plastic the the whole thing will be done in black. I agree a pipe is one of the next things to get. Do they come in black?