Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Sandbox

2007 XY300 UTV

Hi I'm new here , nice forum.

I have aquired a XY 300, that seems to be the same as a Linhai of the same model. I was gifted the machine in poor condition, with a locked engine due to broken cam chain, and a broken front strut shock. I have replaced cam chain and have the ute running well now. My need is information about the spacers used to mate the engine to the transmission, alignment of variator and clutch. A blueprint of the alignment jig used in the manual would be ideal. 

Thanks S

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks Ajmboy, yes it is Chinese . I will have to make a few more posts before I can dl the file.

This machine almost identical to Linhai 400cuv manual.  The engine / trans mate the same.

The perfect alignment of pulleys is my aim. It will get a new clutch soon and will correct alignment then. The manual spec. 252mm distance between shafts, 62.5 mm from shoulder on trans shaft to the side of the engine where the cvt cover mates. That point is in mid air, so have to extend that plane of side engine to get measurement. As I understand it now,that is. 

I managed to align the pulleys, adjust engine position, using straight edges. I used the above specs from manual. What a difference the alignment made. The machine now moves smoothly from a stop, no shuddering, shifts smooth and it is much faster than before. I am happy with the return on the effort.

One of the front shock struts tops out with loud clack when the road drops away. I believe it is low on oil, I'm thinking I can drill a hole in body add oil then seal. Not sure where to drill the hole that is safe inside shock. Shock just like 88 Kawasaki mule front strut. 

Any ideas?   R.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Ty Warner
      New to ATV's. I got a good deal on a 2007 Suzuki LTZ250. It is shaft drive which seems rare. Any pro's or con's?
    • By Brantley40
      Anyone out there spice up their 2002 Kawasaki Lakota Sport 300 with cam, shaved head, deck the jug, valves?
      As you probably have already seen, I have a top end to get built back up and might as well add a little kick to it. Here's a pic of a golf cart I built up recently and modified the engine a little while I had it apart.
      Thanks in advance for everyone's help!!

• By Brantley40
      I bought a '02 Lakota Sport and had a few pieces missing, looks like someone ripped it apart, lost interest and all the parts removed got trashed. Anyhow, not really sure where to start, but there does seem to be more Bayou parts available.
      Does anyone have a breakdown of parts (or years) of the bayou that are the same as the Lakota?

Thanks!

• By Acdacd
      Hello folks, 
      Total newb here, but I just ordered both front and back brakes and they are identical. 
      There is a video on you tube for the back install, does anyone know if the front install will be the same? 
      Thanks!
    • By carguydave
      Hello, I have a 1990 Trail Boss 250 that is in very nice shape. I think it has been very well maintained from all indications. The problem I am having is that the four wheeler seems to take an inordinate amount of throttle to make it go. Once rolling, the second I take my thumb off of the throttle it slows down like it has engine breaking instead of just coasting. The brakes aren't binding, as it rolls easily in Neutral. I have changed belts to see if that would help. The belt also seems to have correct deflection. The transmission has the correct fluid, and is full. When I pulled the clutch cover and found a green spring so I replaced it with the blue/green that is recommended. The primary clutch seems to work correctly. I have not watched the secondary. The other thing that I am curious about is that the input shaft seems to be tied directly to the output shaft even in Neutral. If I put the ATV in neutral and rev it up the rear disc spins, which in itself may not be too unusual, but if I pull the brake lever it decreases the rpm like it is putting a load on the engine. So as it sits, it looks like I have an issue with either the secondary clutch or the transmission. My gut says transmission, but I hope not. I would appreciate any insight as to wether this is a normal condition or, if not, how to fix it. Thanks in advance, Dave
    • By viper0906
      Need help with teardown of 2001 Bayou 220.  New to atv's but not to mechanical work.  I was given this ATV and went to turn engine over by pull rope and the engine is locked up.  Pulled spark plug no change.  Was going to tear down top end.  Any suggestions or tricks before I proceed?