Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Todd Trask

Kawasaki Lakota spark issue

Well, I received stator, pick and new key switch asembly. I have great spark. Thanks to all whom responded.

NOW it Starts up with hesitation. Idles good , give a little gas it boggs down, back fires & dies instantly. Will start up after it back fires

DID I MESS WITH TIMING

Was everything installed correctly ? Pick up coil?  Double check the timing and lastly is the carburetor all good ? Maybe a flooding issue ? 

Brand New Carb.. when I took off cover to replace stator,pick up & gasket.

Would I have messed with timing..? 

I'm not familiar with the timing part..?

24 minutes ago, Todd Trask said:

Well, I received stator, pick and new key switch asembly. I have great spark. Thanks to all whom responded.

NOW it Starts up with hesitation. Idles good , give a little gas it boggs down, back fires & dies instantly. Will start up after it back fires

DID I MESS WITH TIMING

It sounds like its running lean....what kind of carb you have? Air/Mixture screw and your idle screw,but you say it idles good,try the Air/Mixture one,but you have to warm up the engine and close it all the way, not to tight,you don't want to damage or brake it,slightly snugged,then turn it counterclockwise about 3/4 or 1  1 /4  turn then wait about one minute listen to the engine,you might have to play with that for a little until you get the adjustment you need...

It only back fires now, won't run..😩

Makes one hell of a boom..

Went to try to start to warm up,

Just a recap..

1st time I started it. I let it idle long enough to install front rack, rear fender & rack., while installing items I gave a little gas and it would still bog down . jumped on and went 50 ft before it just died. Try to start it and it back fires

Will fuel will cause a huge back fire..?

Ugh amazon carb.  No good. Replacement carbs should be oem! If you still have the oem carb then spend the money on a rebuild kit and rebuild it.   It’s not difficult and we will help you along.   If the stator and pick up coil were put in right which I’m  sure you did and no you can’t screw up the timing by doing what you did then my suspicions are the carb is the problem here.  

I still have original carb  that came on it when I bought it. Could I get rebuild off amazon or somewhere else.?

Amazon has it and prob better off on eBay.   Look for the oem label when buying.   It’s worth it. You will rebuild the carb and set it up the bike will run great.  Just take a look on YouTube on rebuilding if your not familiar with the work and take your time. Clean work area.  I like to use a cheap white pillow case when doing a carburetor. Makes easy work when dealing with small parts on a white surface as well as seeing what comes out of the carb dirt wise .  Any questions you have we will help.  Post pics when your not sure and you will get pointed in the right direction.   

• Thanks 1