Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

pokerl0w

1993 Kawasaki Bayou 300c 4x4 Tie Rod and Shifting Issues

well I'm wrong. soon as the oil gets really hot n thin, it appears to leak. much much less than before but, guess that's why most everyone stayed quiet when I got excited that I thought it was working heh

it's good enough for now though, going to play in the 3' we got and 1' more coming over the weekend HOT DAMN!

well thats disappointing...  I didnt know if it would work or not...  It definitely looked ify to me but I dont have experience in that area...  wow (about the snow...)🤪

check the rear rims. a lot of time the offset is different from front to rear... maybe he just swapped them without paying any attention...when he put on new tires

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Chris Behm
      Biggest tires on a polaris predator for ground clearance? What size you running? And what gearing?

• By Gilbey
      Does everyone run the tire pressure as stated on tires or perhaps a couple # below to soften the ride a little?
    • By bob5701954
      I am new to this forum, have been atving  for 3 yrs.  recently got rid of my old 2006 Yamaha Kodiak , bought an new  2016 570 sportsman , I noticed that it was rather open in the front portion of the bike , so I installed alum. checker  plate to protect the battery  and rad . hose.  but I did not think to protect the exposed sides of the rad. as I live in northern british Columbia and we drive on old logging roads and we clear a lot of trails. on my 3 rd ride I got a stick thru the rad, and into the  elec. fan .  2 rides  later  the fan broke apart.  but luckily  I ahd since put on home made side guards out of sheet metal .. this actually  created better air flow and kept the machine cooler, but my problem is with polaris,  they installed side rad  guards  on the 2014  models- the 2015 models, then took them off for 2016 , I have seen lots of complaints about over heating, as a result of no air flow  across the bike , due to no guards, then I get a picture of a 2016.5   limited edtion Canadian 570  that has rad. side guards, I put in an appeal and they will not come good for the fan and motor, I like the  bike a lot , but am not very happy with polaris and their stupid idea  to remove the side guards, not everyone drives on logging  roads
                                        bob5701954
    • By Frank Angerano
      So here’s a question. I have seen a few members that have recently purchased a used bike.   Also a HUGE amount of so called new members who have purchased a used bike and have come here “just here for a manual”.
      Some have been disappointed with the bikes and or knew they were getting a broken bike with some mechanical  experience thinking hey I can fix it.   So here’s my take on buying a used bike. Anyone who has followed some of mine and other members posts about what to look for when buying a used bike here’s a few pointers on what to look for. 
      1. I always check the oil and look for moisture, metal shavings and color. 
      2. Feel the compression or take a compression tester with you. 
      3. Check for spark (if the bikes not running)
      4. Take a small jumper pack to verify that the starter cycle works and the bike cranks.
      5. Look for bent or cracked frame/welding that was done on the frame from maybe a wreck.
      5. Mismatch plastics by looking under neath.  
      7. Bolts on the engine/frame that look like they are stripped from someone taking the bike apart. 
      8. Any kind of scilicone or gasket adhesive that was used on a cover plate or engine seem where the engine was taken apart.  
      9. Patches on the exhaust pipes with sheet metal or jb weld patch material.  
      10. Wiring messes on the harness like bundles of tape where the harness was opened up and taped up  for an after market device or just plain butchered up.  
      11. Put the bike in gear (running or not) and roll the bike back and forth to see that the gears work and you feel resistance like the engine is trying to spin while pushing it forward as if you were push starting it   
      12. I keep a vin# decoder website on my phone as a favorite to double check the year of the bike .
      All though nothing is fool proof these tips will help you along while buying a used bike. Not only that but  it will help you negotiate a fair price for a bike that may have one of the above problems.  
      I have minimized this entire process down to about 15 mins. I buy all the time so I don’t expect you to do the same or have a compression tester etc but use some of these tips when buying and go into the purchase with confidence! 
      I would like to hear anyone else that has any input on buying a bike and what to  look for! 

• By 4tracker
      Advice/recommendation on a set of lite rear UTV tires 26x11-12 needed for mainly very soft deep sand 65%, 15% gravel rd., 10% hard pack,  5% paved roads. 5% mud. All the reviews mention mainly mud lites, and very little sand lite tire brands! Looking for a tire that's lite but will dig well, reducing motor clutch overworking while slipping/spinning in lite sand. Appreciate any advice, Thanks, Steve
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Summer Warren
      Hey I just recently bought a 2002 Kawasaki Bayou 220 when you shift it jumps a lot and while it’s riding it it’s jumping as well but won’t stay started when you let off the gas Could somebody tell me what could possibly be the problem? Thank you
    • By Alan Callison
      OK ya'll.My son bought this thing and was told its a Kaw Bayou 300. Maybe. I cant find any numbers on it.The one tag I did find its so faded as to be unreadable. Its a long shot but maybe someone can help ID it. Thanks in advance.

• By Jason Hatton-Fearnley
      have a 1996 bayou 400  with a starting problem 

when checking sparkplug grounded to engine
      -turn key on, hit starter, get one spark then nothing
      -turn key off and back on hit starter, get one spark then nothing

Any ideas
    • By Arizona
      I recently bought a used 220 They said needs carb work, ran fine when parked (4 years ago)
      After looking at it. I have no power at ign. switch or coil, lights etc. Have power at starter relay which I can jump and it cranks
      but of course no spark. Is there a fuse I am missing? Found one under steering wheel, 2 wires connected to it which aren't there anymore. 
      Battery fully charged just no power anywhere that I can see. Need ideas where to start.