Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

I'm in the market for some new heavy duty straps for trailering my atv.  Whats everyone using to tie down their atv while trailering?  3/4" , 1" , 1 1/2", 2" straps? 

I had a couple of cheap 3/4" straps break on me , all i had at the time, I felt pretty lucky pulling into the gas station with the quad still on the trailer. 

I use one inch straps, but check the rating on them, the material is much thicker then the cheapo ones. Auto part stores usually have good ones.

Mike

Last month I bought these at home depot for $20, they work well. Needed a new set.

image.thumb.png.3e2d61523e4296a71f175b7a6053cf9f.png

I ended up ordering a couple from fleebay 2" wide , they look pretty thick. The ones around here were thin. I'll use em for boat tie down too.

I have several 1" & 2" tie down ratchet straps, but I recently picked up a set of 1-1/2" 5900 lbs.rating with the double J-hooks. A real nice set for quad tie down.

• Like 1

Use quality ratchet straps. Avoid the push release gripper types.

For me redundancy is important. Some areas we haul into have rough roads. I use a minimum of 4 straps to secure a wheeler on a trailer. Never broke a strap but have had hooks pop off. When able, I'll bypass the hooks and run a strap through a D-ring and the wheeler attach point.

Actually, I prefer rope. The Navy taught me how to lash things down very securely with rope. However it takes time and my wife and kids won't be bothered to learn it.

• Like 1

I use 1" but the load info is important as anything. I have a hook welded on my trailer and my winch secures the front end to that and then I strap the back with straps I bought at Menard's 500# work load each. Love my idea for front with the winch. It ain't never coming lose from that!

SmartStraps® Carbon-X® 14' x 1" Green Ratchet Straps - 4 Pack

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.