Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Wolds Alpacas

Suzuki King Quad clutch problem

Hello - I have just had delivered my 2004 registered King Quad 300.

The gear change is pretty fierce.  Pretty hard to get into gear from neutral on the foot pedal and when I select reverse on the hand lever, it jumps into reverse with a hell of a kick.

I am waiting for a service manual to arrive, but in the meantime, has anyone any suggestions please?

Thank you.

Edited by Wolds Alpacas
Clarify the problem

Sounds like it may be idling way to high. Idle rpm should be around 1k or so. Just a guess with out any more information. Get your manual and read up on the specs. It will tell you everything you need to know. Sounds like a thorough tune up is at hand.  

Try to adjust the clutch cable. It should be on the lever where the clutch lever is. If that doesn't make any difference. Trace the cable to where it sits on the motor. There should be a arm looking thing on top of the motor. If you closely inspect. The arm should have a point on it and one on the motor. They should be in line. If all else checks out. You need a new clutch

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Are you sure of the year and model, 2004 300 King doesn't sound right. The tenth digit on the VIN will tell you the year.

Thank you both for your replies - I am waiting for a manual to arrive.  The bike was registered in Feb 2004, maybe it is a 2002?

I have the manual now but there is no clutch cable - adjusted the setting as per the manual. but it still jerks sometimes into gear and the actual gearchange and getting back to neutral is pretty hard.

Is this an auto-clutch. If so. You will have to replace the clutch. Or adjust it past the manual spec. I had the same problem on my banshee. Manual clutch tho.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By JacobSlabach
      Got a 04 Sportsman 500 that wasnt running- owner said it needed a stater and a new battery.  It ran rough (been sitting out in the weather for a while).  A friend and I started by adding a new battery and it would start barely with the choke and his hand over the air-filter.  I decided to install the new battery in the holder on the side.  we had it on the rack because the old on was still in the bike.  I tried to be nifty by turning the battery to put the terminals in an easier spot to get to, but forgot to reverse the cables too.  In a sentence, I reversed the positive and negative on the battery like a dummy.  When we discovered my mistake and corrected it, we turned on the bike, but the display did not light up and the key did not turn on the starter.  jumping the solenoid worked the starter, so we thought the solenoid just burned up when I reversed the pos and neg...  new solenoid and no difference.  what have I burned up?  Also, the shifter does not seem to do anything in the trans.  it slides back and forth like its stripped in the trans.  any help would be appreciated!!
      I think the biggest issue right now is the electrical.
    • By Nick Martini
      Hello all, 
      I haven't had a dirt bike or ATV for years, but a buddy of mine just picked up a raptor 700 and makes me want to get back into the sport. I'm looking for the best bang for my buck utility quad that can go in snow, but also hit some small jumps and trail ride. It would mostly be used for light trail riding; not really any mud holes or jumps around me (Bristol, Massachusetts). My last bike was a 2004 yz125 2 stroke and it was a pain. Every other ride I was doing something to the bike. I'm looking for a utility quad that I can ride for a month without having to touch it. I've done a bit of research so far and it seems like my best bet would be ~2014 Yamaha grizzly 700 with ~1000 miles for about $5,000. I'd love some more opinions from people who are more knowledgeable about the sport. I'm looking to stay around that $5,000 range. Also, there's no trails around me to go more than 40 or 50mph so I'm not too worried about keeping up with the 700.

Thanks,
      Nick
    • By Alan Callison
      OK everybody,I need some help here please. My 4 wheeler has got a bad wheel bearing I discovered while starting a brake job. Its on the left side. I've never done one and I need some knowledge how to go about it. Am I to understand I need to pull the whole axle out to do it. I've done it once on a car about 30 years ago,lol. I keep looking around for a repair manual but they're hard to find without having to buy it. I looked here on this site but apparently Im too junior a member to be able to download one right now.Bummer!  One other question if I may.When I pulled the drum off the spindle a torrent of water poured out,the brake shoes were covered in mud along with everything else. I mean the drum had alot of water in it. The shoes were so locked up after I removed the springs I tried to rotate one of the shoes and it wasn't easy at all. I noticed whoever had the machine before myself had laid a bead of RTV around the back plate but apparently it didn't work. Isn't there some kind of gasket for this purpose. I saw it calls for a dust shield but surely this wont keep the brakes dry or will it. Thanks everybody.
    • By IdahoQuad
      Hello from Buhl, Idaho (near Twin Falls). I typically ride at least once a week in the Southern Idaho/Northern Nevada area. Also like to ride in Colorado, Utah (especially Moab), Montana and Wyoming. I currently ride a 2013 Yamaha Grizzly 550. Anybody want to ride in Southern Idaho/Northern Nevada area look me up. I know these areas very well. I've also done a lot of dirt bike riding and 4X4 (Jeep) in the above listed areas over the last 15 years.