Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

So Today I got a Crazy deal on 2 Quads... Yamaha Raptor 660R and Kymko Mongoose 300cc for $300 for both Quads,Yes for the 2 of them!!!! on the Let Go app,I'm not advertising Let go by the way...but I know for a fact that something like this will never come through again!!! It says $250 but I offered him $300 so if someone tried they had to go up another $50.... but Score!!!! Today was a very good Saturday!!!03d3fe177cb72246bc9f67a3e4cfdace.jpg3ef1bb3d20ac43937e39d9c32374a029.jpgec6c9ad5afeece4f8b49c3bced64da67.jpgc4628b08c6caf5909d9f5c40e869a2e6.jpgb7f1080ced544ead561e26529b3e4a3c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Freakin deal! Use the app all the time. You have to jump on that and go as you did ! 

Nice work.  Even if both engines were blown the plastics alone would be worth the money you paid on a part out.  So hoping the engines are good which they prob are you scored !!!! 

Keep us posted ! 

Problem solved. My battery charger is toast. Now for the next mission. The rear swing arm.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The tires aren't square and the chain keeps popping. I feel like it's twisted. But the boy loves it. The machine keeps popping at random. Any idea?

Prob a swing arm bushing. It cocks the swing arm and that throws the chain alignment off.  

No. That s all tight. I had it off the ground shaking it.

Have you checked the sprockets on both sides (engine and axle) for wobble and also could be a stretched chain as well as a few frozen like that make it jump the sprocket. And lastly check the sprockets for wear.  

Freakin deal! Use the app all the time. You have to jump on that and go as you did ! 
Nice work.  Even if both engines were blown the plastics alone would be worth the money you paid on a part out.  So hoping the engines are good which they prob are you scored !!!! 
Keep us posted ! 
Probably not blown engines, I didn't get them from someone who was abusing the quads,they were left behind by the previous owner of the house, the guy that bought the house already fixed the house and is selling within 2-3 weeks so he has to clean out the yard,the previous owner only took his boat,but tomorrow I will start with the Kymko, and start cleaning the carb for the Raptor...Tires hold air,the Kymko has everything intact,no damages whatsoever!!! The guy said he finds so much stuff in houses he buys he can't keep everything, so I gave him my business card,and he gave me his,Great doing business with people like that... I'll keep you guys in the loop,and my Kazuma Falcon 150cc I'm rebuilding it and selling it, all parts are new from Kazuma of America Parts,Original parts...943a604d920e2b6842e3b70b6b768c73.jpg49eb92376ad38da11bab70d05de87648.jpg

• Like 1

Great find. 
Good luck !
So today I worked on the Kymko and I cleaned the carburetor,very nasty stuff...I may have to buy a new one because the one that's on it,it's corroded inside where the main jet is,it missing bout 1/4 of the thread,but the jet still tightened up,but it was leaking from the bowl drain,I think the screw is bad,someone tried to rig the switch assembly with speaker wires,and some other random wire to the battery from the switch assembly,anyhow I got it started because for some reason I took the speaker wires out and tried fixing the switch assembly and rigged the ignition with 1 I had next thing you know I press the front brake and the Quad cranked right up,I was so confused, obviously there's an electrical problem,because it even does it with the rear brake,so I disconnected the rear brake switch and was starting the quad with the front brake on Neutral,but when I engaged the Reverse or Forward it would kill the engine.... Any Suggestions??? I'm buying new switch assembly and ignition.

Nice work so far.   The screw on the bowl should have a small gasket or o ring on the screw.  Double check that.  And as far as corrosion on the carb, that can be cleaned with the a good carb break down and scrubbing.   As for the jest that’s missing a few threads well of it tightens down you should be good.  

Electrical ! Something is missing that when you put the bike in gear it kills the ignition like a neutral safety switch tie in of some sort. Your loosing a ground when you put it in gear. When the break lever is pulled in and the bike is in neutral there is a wire that’s grounded to the starter relay that allows you to start the bike.  The same thing is happening for you when you put it in gear that you kill the engine.  So start going through the wiring slowly and see if anything stands out. Even a faulty ignition switch so double check that.   

• Like 1

Nice work so far.   The screw on the bowl should have a small gasket or o ring on the screw.  Double check that.  And as far as corrosion on the carb, that can be cleaned with the a good carb break down and scrubbing.   As for the jest that’s missing a few threads well of it tightens down you should be good.  
Electrical ! Something is missing that when you put the bike in gear it kills the ignition like a neutral safety switch tie in of some sort. Your loosing a ground when you put it in gear. When the break lever is pulled in and the bike is in neutral there is a wire that’s grounded to the starter relay that allows you to start the bike.  The same thing is happening for you when you put it in gear that you kill the engine.  So start going through the wiring slowly and see if anything stands out. Even a faulty ignition switch so double check that.   
No what I meant was the carburetor itself it's missing about a 1/4 where the main jet screws in,I'll take a picture later on,Today my goal was to know if the engine was good,and it is,now I'll buy some new parts,and check the wiring carefully like you said...

Sometimes the float gets stuck or more junk is still in there. Check the needle for ware on the float. Also where the needle is on the slide where it goes into the bowl, there is a gasket o ring that's on the bottom of the needle seat. Wiring I know how to do. It's easier to do it than explain it.

so how do you guys find deals like this?  The best deal I've ever found was my Taotao 110cc that wont run period

Craigslist. Let go. Offer up to name a few. If you find them cheap enough. Then repair what's broke and either keep it or sell it.

• Like 1

That’s correct @06kfx440 I use those apps as well as others including word of mouth.   I always tell my friends that if you hear anyone selling please let me know.  Now aside from that there are a ton of keywords also to use that helps me zero in on bikes that need work so I don’t get every newer type expensive bike that’s been listed.  As well as looking every day.  Early bird gets the worm 🐛!

• Thanks 1

yea rn its just CL for me...  just dont see many deals... maybe I'm in a bad area where not many folks have bikes- maybe I'm just being impatient...

Dumb question. My kids quad idles right and revs fine in neutral. Put it in gear with my weight and it backfires. I know to adjust the air fuel mixture but to what? I lean It, it backfires. I richen It, it backfires. And just about everything in between. I'm about to test the stator and coil to see if I'm losing spark. No air leaks anywhere and compression checks out fine.

Yes. And it's new. I checked pilot and main jets. Identical. I may just one up the main jet. It's really close. But not on wot

1 hour ago, Frank Angerano said:

That’s what I was going to recommend moving the main jet needle.  

What's happening Frank!! 06kfx440!! So today got home from work and decided to use one of my extra switch assemblies and ignition for the Kymco 300 and I'm beginning to get the hang of it with the wiring gig... its frustrating when you have a harness that looks like Spaghettis in a pot but today I got have some fun with the Maxxer 300,bros let me tell you,that is totally different from the 110cc and 125cc we have,I just picked up a Taotao 125cc for $85 from Facebook Yard sale things, lady said I don't think it works,so I took a chance, and ITS ALIVE!!!! The Taotao 125cc cranked right up,anyways I had a blast with that Monster... can't wait to get the Raptor660 going,but soon enough, all in good time..... 06kfx440 you probably checked but on your atv backfiring but was your gas tank clean,no moisture? 

Hey @orvilleortiz538 sounds like your having some fun.  It’s very rewarding when you put some work in and get a good result.  Keep us posted and post some pics! Good luck and ride safe! 

• Like 1