Quantcast

What is this?

Cool. I did notice that the throttle wasnt working. So I took the thumb throttle off and the cable was never installed. So I fixed that. The trans doesn't shift. It's stuck in second gear. I'm thinking a sensor or a vaccume leak. But I won't be working on this till the 110 is done.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

That’s a great idea. I like to finish one before I start anything else. I’ve been trying so hard to get the Mojave over to my garage to get started on it since I finished the Bayou 220.  Maybe next week after the weather wans up a bit.  

But that bike looks like a serious machine for pushing snow.   I hope it’s not more then what you think is wrong like a blown tranny.  

I hope not. But then again this one isn't mine. It's my best friends. He dropped it off last night and said to fix it. I won't be buying parts but he will get the same quality of build as if it was mine. Isn't that how you build reputation? By word of mouth.

So we all know it's a BRP. Anyone know specs? I haven't looked at it today.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Lol I know that look on the kids face.  When I got my boy his Bayou 400 it needed the top end taken off to swap out the cam.   I wanted to show him how to pull the head off to see the piston and crank while I was in there.  His face when we were done tearing into the bike ! He said dad this thing is never going to run again.  

A few days later the bike was all back together and ran so well. He sees things a lot differently now. Lol so many questions though.   

Keep working through the pain brother.  It will get better. 

Keepnus posted with some pics!!!! I love pics! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By hardcastle
      My friends KQ 300 starts fine and runs, as soon as you put it in gear and try to accelerate its bucks and farts like crazy, not moving... I cleaned carb and it worked good for 1 day... now back to same problem.... could it be such as a bent valve????
    • By Tuzz
      Bucking started about a month ago and works ok after 1/2 hour warmup.  Today while working on it i discovered that if i put the ignition switch in LIGHT position it runs fine right from the start.
      I'm stumped!  Any idea why this could be?  

• By CaptJim
      Hello guys, I hope I am not invading your space, but as you can see the current state of my project here it's not but about 50% ATV. I am hoping that some one here can point me to a wiring schematic that I can reference since the "Complete wiring harness" i purchased from Amazon did not include a diagram of any kind.

The ones that I am finding on line vary greatly but none show the connections for the separate 5 wire connector coming from the motor.

Can someone tell me where these wires go?

Thanks in advance for all help!
    • By Whiterabbit
      3500lb, synthetic rope lead and everything needed to install for........................................ $89 bucks!  I'm installing one on my '01 Bombardier Quest and it looks like a legit buy. If you have a RK nearby & you need a winch you might want to swing by before they disappear.
    • By 86096
      I have recently acquired a 1985 Suzuki lt230ge quadrunner.  It has an automatic clutch.  How do you ride it.  do I select a gear and then give it gas and it will go?  What about downshifting?  I don't want to jump on it and go and risk busting something on this old rig.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!!!