Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

barnz

1999 Kawasaki Bayou KLF300 4x4 No Spark

hi all i have a klf300 4x4 1999 lost spark i have replaced regulator /rectifier , replaced cdi unit 

quad turns over but no spark 

if you have ignition on and hold the wire to coil if you touch it on and off it has a spark each time you touch the wire to the terminal on the coil 

pulse coil is pulsing 

any ideas please

Here's some similar topics you may want to check out:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By 06kfx440
      Come on out and ride with us. April 26th to the 28th. Myself and a few friend will be camping and riding.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• By Craig Newton Lawton
      Hi thanks for adding me on here, i bought a none running 110cc thundercat quad and i have spark, fuel, compression but it wont start anyone have any ideas as im stumped 
    • By JacobSlabach
      I have a gentleman that asked me to service his bayou for him.  I have always wondered what oil should be used in atv engines?  Pros?  Cons?  What weight should be used in what type of weather?  Is there one kind that I could bulk buy and safely used in any quad I worked on or owned?  What about performance?  Engine Life?  This has always been a 🤔🤔🤔 area for me with quads as far as why you would use one type of oil over another....
      Thanks!
    • By marlon smith
      i HAVE A 2008 BAja 250 ur quad, have running problems and electrical rewiring project. I have found this model is made by loncin which has went out business. Have found some parts such as switches that have to be rewired and I think I have a bad stator. Will run till warm and then stops firing. The cdi is new and would not fire at all till I replaced it. Now I have this problem. Can anyone connect me with a good wiring diagram and a good diagnostic  procedure for this 7 wire 3 plug  cdi?
    • By jerry houston
      Eiger 400 Suzuki runs fine Cook-Out joke face off the handlebars put it back on and will not start now will crank no no spark
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Ajmboy
      View File 1986-2006 Kawasaki Bayou 300 Service Manual
      This service manual is for a 1986-2006 Kawasaki Bayou 300.
      Adding to downloads library.
      Submitter Ajmboy Submitted 05/11/2018 Category Kawasaki ATV  
    • By Ajmboy
      This service manual is for a 1986-2006 Kawasaki Bayou 300.
      Adding to downloads library.
    • By Wolds Alpacas
      I have a Kawasak i KLF185 Bayou which is in bits - bought as such and never managed to get going.  I have not had a spark and tried two OEM CDI's on it.  I have replaced the coil and plug and checked the wiring to CDI.  I have also tried to use other CDI's (DC ones) run from the battery.  Nothing, still no spark, so I have managed to find a new pickup coil and hope that resolves things - any input on this would be appreciated.
    • By pokerl0w
      this bike! did this guy sucker me or what.. ok, looks like this means something is bent that I do not see or one rod is longer vs the other?
      how long do you think this would last before it ripped into the tire? this is the right side, left side tire clears no problem

I can not find them on www.kawasakipartshouse.com

• By pokerl0w
      Bought this 2 weeks ago.. Starts up fine, seems to run fine. But I am clueless. I tried to pull something small in high gear mode, unknowingly <- n00b
      There' s a small oil leak from the back/bottom end. maybe 1-2 tablespoons/day after riding it some, otherwise maybe 1tsp/day. I was trying to start it at least every other day (not garaged, gets below freezing)

The main issue (aside from full rebuild *see below) is I am seeing smoke from the top of the engine and there is that oil leak in the back. I am hearing something as well, not quite sure what, hope someone else with trained ears can tell me it's just the sweet-uniq'saki
      If I can get through the winter plowing around, then I can start on my rebuild. Looking to use OEM where possible, aftermarket when makes most sense - I do not care about speed, I like torque .. hauling and crawling.

I am also sharing pictures of the oil. And yes, there is some metal in that oil.. which is just magic fairy dust from tinker fairies say my girls, and I can keep beating without issue 😬
      Metaloil:

(image taken with flash:)

Here's the smoke:
      20190113_105012
      Here's engine (left) and back/muffler:
      20190113_104854.mp4

TLDR;
      sad disclaimer: bought this beast from a local seller. this is my first and after having it 2-weeks, riding maybe 1 hour... I got took. I'll tell ya'll how much I paid after we chat about'er for a bit so I do not get crushed.  I am not a mech but I have wrenched many'o'things from sparks, water pumps, swapping clutches .. but not bikes or small engines all v6+ just saying I know something, but lots more of nothing!  I do like the bayou series and (think?) need 4x4 for the snow and trials here in the Sierras. I want to swap the frame in the spring, as this one is not only bent but has some suspect welding