Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Sam Shelley

97 or 98 Yamaha 350 4x4 big bear

14 hours ago, Sam Shelley said:

Any good way you know of doing that? A specific website that could tell me or how do I go about googling it? I found a 99 350 diff for just under 200, it looks the same anyway. I know anything under 96 or 95 wont work because the shaft coming from the diff to the driveshaft is different. Dont know about 2000 but 99 looks the same from what I can tell 

I use Partzilla.com  Find the part you're looking for.  Click on the part number and the page for that part will have all the different models that used that part.  There were several big bears, wolverines & kodiaks that used that particular rear diff.  Not so many on the axle.

Buying a used diff. & axle is going to be your cheapest route.  Trying to rebuild it will cost you 2-3 times more.

• Like 1

I could only find the front diff on that website, I dont imagine they're the same so I'm a little confused. But it did have a list of several models and years of similar parts so that makes it easier 

Ok well I have a guy in PA he has a ton of shit. I am going to shoot him an email see what he has 

He ships everywhere.

I found a few on Ebay for around 150 or 180 but they all need the bearing and seal replaced, idk what kind of job that is or how it's down 

The best of and seals are not to bad cost wise. Getting the bearing out of the diff is a pain in the ass.  Juts be patient you will find a good one. I sent an email if my guy has one I will put you in touch.  

• Like 1

I could watch the vid.  I'm actually working on a 350 big bear rn so this is interesting to me as I'm familiar with the bike now..

1 hour ago, JacobSlabach said:

I could watch the vid.  I'm actually working on a 350 big bear rn so this is interesting to me as I'm familiar with the bike now..

I couldn't believe the play it had in the video.. hopefully it goes back together as easy as it came apart 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By MarkinAR
      Working on my oldest son's buddy's 2000 Big Bear.  He was having some power loss at WOT so i thought it worth while to clean the carb and put at kit in it...or at least clean the OEM jets and use the new orings that come in the kit.  It starts and idles like a champ, but dies and wants to backfire with any throttle at all.  I assume lean because it will run decent with the choke on. Air screw adjusted fine, nice crisp idle.  This one has fuel/air screw, low speed jet, mid jet, and main jet.  I was assuming just trash in the low speed circuit so pulled it and cleaned again, still does the same. 
      Two questions I guess:
      1. Does it sound most likely trash in the off idle circuit?  This one has a few more passages and jets than I'm used to...and a darn diaphragm.
      2. It now really wants to leak at the bowl drain screw.  It doesn't seem to tighten enough to completely stop the flow.  Seat looks good, screw was dirty but cleaned up fine with a touch of 2000 grit paper.  First for me.  Any idea here?
    • By Stacy Hanks
      I have  2000 Yamaha bear tracker 250 - igniton relay and starter relay both were replaced also the neutral switch indicator was replaced-- bike will not show light on for neutral or start when button is pushed

• By Scott Matthews
      Just picked up a 1989 Big Bear 350 for $250 CAD. Bike was running but lost crank and spark. They've installed a new coil, a couple relays, and installed a Ford starter solenoid in place of the original. Now it cranks but has no spark so they sold it to me. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this bike so I can test some wiring. Also any ideas as to direction to head would be nice. Lots of things have been hacked together so I know it probably wont be to easy. The ignition switch was replaced with a toggle switch, I already mentioned the Ford solenoid which 1 of the small wires was not re-installed, and a diode or something was removed from the oil temp sensor wire. I'm sure I will find more so a diagram would be amazing.
    • By Shook
      Hi I have a 2000 big bear 400 and i just put a new carburetor on it and it idles fine but when you try to accelerate it sounds like it is going to die, so when it sounds like it is going to die I will give it more throttle then it will go just fine.
    • By Walter Awe
      I HAVE a 2002 big bear 400 4x4. I have two wires atacking to the front of the carb. What are they for?
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Walter Awe
      I HAVE a 2002 big bear 400 4x4. I have two wires atacking to the front of the carb. What are they for?
    • By Shook
      Hi I have a 2000 big bear 400 and i just put a new carburetor on it and it idles fine but when you try to accelerate it sounds like it is going to die, so when it sounds like it is going to die I will give it more throttle then it will go just fine.
    • By Nigel Bourn
      I’ve just bought one of these and came here looking for a service manual
      Mine has an air cleaner that I don’t seem to be able to find, it has round ends with square tabs on them, any ideas?

• By Scott Matthews
      Just picked up a 1989 Big Bear 350 for $250 CAD. Bike was running but lost crank and spark. They've installed a new coil, a couple relays, and installed a Ford starter solenoid in place of the original. Now it cranks but has no spark so they sold it to me. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this bike so I can test some wiring. Also any ideas as to direction to head would be nice. Lots of things have been hacked together so I know it probably wont be to easy. The ignition switch was replaced with a toggle switch, I already mentioned the Ford solenoid which 1 of the small wires was not re-installed, and a diode or something was removed from the oil temp sensor wire. I'm sure I will find more so a diagram would be amazing.
    • By Jordan Cody
      Trying to get the schematics for it so I can rewrite it I bought it for 120$ and all wires r cut plz some one help