Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Rpackin2

2000 Xplorer 250 gas tank pick up screens

Does anyone know where to get replacement pickup screens go inside gas tank? Mine are rusted pretty bad where they plug into the threaded connector,, thanks 

if it was rusted, you might want to remove your gas tank and clean it out with fresh gas and check your carb to make sure it doesnt have crap in the bowl

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Michael Trinity
      Hey there.  I have a problem with finding the rite sparkplug for my 2007 xtreme typhoon 125cc.  No one or place has been able to find the right spark plug for it.  Im hoping someone here may have an idea or can point me in the right direction of where to find one.  The old one said ac 108 and one guy at an auto parts store said it was a 10mm spark plug.  Dont know if that was rite or not.  Also if anyone knows of a website i can download the manual for it, that would be very helpful as well. 
    • By Aaron Wilson
      My 1996 Yamaha Kodiak 400 has a cracked CV Axle boot and the axle wiggles back and fourth if you pull on it. It also clunks if you go from forward to reverse fast with the tires turned hard one way or the other. Im thinking a new axle will solve the problem. Can you guys walk me through the steps of replacing the CV Axle, I have never done anything like this.
      Thanks
    • By Twilight228
      Morning All,  Wondering if anyone has had any success using aftermarket carburetors on the smaller ATVs?  Picked up a couple Arctic Cat DVX90s over the weekend (2006 & 2008), and one of them has an aftermarket carb that needs to be replaced (it's missing the brass barb for the fuel line ).  Both are the same Kymco power plant, but different frame/body.
      I swapped carburetors between the machines to test opreation.  Both ran great, and seem to manage the electronic choke properly. 
      Am I better off to buy the replacement carb from AC ($250), or try an aftermarket?  Part of me wants a manual choke.....
      Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
    • By Alan Callison
      Hello boys and girls!:howdy:I need a little help if ya dont mind.I need to replace the rear axle bearings on my 400 but Im going at this blind having never done it before. Ive looked it up in the repair manual but it doesn't give any specific steps on how to do it. I've got the left rear brakes off already as I was replacing the shoes anyway. Can somebody give me a rundown on what Ive gotta do please?I know I need to pull the right wheel off just havent done that yet. Do I need to take anything apart in the final drive or elsewhere in order to yank the axle out for instance? Which side does the axle come out from,L or R? Any details I need to know will be greatly appreciated.Thanks ya'll!
    • By bradleyheathhays
      Bought an '11 Vic with the 4.6L back in June and a few months back I tried to change out the plugs. All came out ok except for cyl 4 which only cranked out 1/4 turn. Had a shop take it out and they said they had to redo the threads. I've seen videos where you can remove a stuck plug by drilling into it somehow, but because this was in the 4 position and hard to get to I'm guessing they just power cranked it out. Not sure but I'm guessing those threads are compromised now.

Well, this past weekend that same plug blew out of cyl 4. Inspection reveals a coil and boot jammed up underneath the fuel rail and a plug that I fished out without any turning. When I go to install a new plug it just sits on top of the threads and turns without going in. So I guess what's happened is that the plug rotated most of the way out but when it got to the last couple threads the compression blew it out the rest of the way, and that it's just the top few threads in the hole that are damaged. Inspection of the plug reveals that most of the threads are intact except for the 2-3 that are closest to the element.

So my question is...should I try to fix this myself or just take it to a shop? Some kind of tap tool would probably fix it, but since it's the beginning threads that are boogered it'd probably have to start from the inside of the cylinder. I really don't have a clue as to how to approach this.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By mav0016
      Hey does anyone here know where I can find another brand oil filter for the stock argo filter? Being so new its hard to find anything. Thanks
    • By mike rhoades
      View File Polaris 1996-1998 ATV Light Utility Service Manual
      Service manual for 1996-1998 Polaris ATVs and light utility vehicles covers: Magnum 2x4, Trail Blazer / Scrambler, Sportsman 4x4, Magnum 4x4, Trail Boss / Sport, 6x6 / Magnum 6x6,  Xplorer 300 / Xplorer 400, Sportsman 500 & Xpress 300 / Xpress 400
      Submitter mike rhoades Submitted 03/02/2019 Category Polaris ATV  
    • By mike rhoades
      Service manual for 1996-1998 Polaris ATVs and light utility vehicles covers: Magnum 2x4, Trail Blazer / Scrambler, Sportsman 4x4, Magnum 4x4, Trail Boss / Sport, 6x6 / Magnum 6x6,  Xplorer 300 / Xplorer 400, Sportsman 500 & Xpress 300 / Xpress 400
    • By colin james
      View File Polaris 1999-2000 Multiple Models ATV Service Manual
      This is the service manual for multiple models of polaris atvs from 1999 to 2000
      Model Specifications (1999)
      Trail Blazer 
      Trail Boss 
      Xpress 300 
      Xplorer 300 
      Sportsman 335 
      Sport 400 
      Scrambler 400 
      Xplorer 400 
      Scrambler 500 
      Magnum 500 
      Sportsman 500 
      Big Boss 500 6x6

Model Specifications (2000)
      Trail Blazer 
      Xplorer 4x4 
      Trail Boss 325 
      Magnum 325 (01 Engine) 
      Magnum 325 (04/05 Engine) 
      Xpedition 325 
      Sportsman 335 
      Xplorer 400 
      Scrambler 400 2x4 
      Scrambler 400 4x4 
      Xpedition 425 
      Magnum 500 
      Scrambler 500 
      Sportsman 500 
      Sportsman 6x6 
      Submitter colin james Submitted 10/19/2018 Category Polaris ATV  
    • By colin james
      This is the service manual for multiple models of polaris atvs from 1999 to 2000
      Model Specifications (1999)
      Trail Blazer 
      Trail Boss 
      Xpress 300 
      Xplorer 300 
      Sportsman 335 
      Sport 400 
      Scrambler 400 
      Xplorer 400 
      Scrambler 500 
      Magnum 500 
      Sportsman 500