Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Clownking

2014 outlaw 90 suspension questions

Hello

Just bought a used 2014 outlaw 90.

I noticed at the top of the front shocks there is 2 mounting holes for the shocks. By the markings the shocks used to be mounted in the inner holes now the shocks are mounted using the outer holes. Googling I can't find the reason for these two holes. 

2nd question is about the rear suspension

When I push the suspension down it is very slow at raising back up. Should it be slow? Is it a safety thing for kids so it doesn't bounce them off. The spring adjustment is on the second lob from softest. Has painted arrows so I'm guessing it's from factory.

Has anyone touched one of these machines and could tell me if this is normal?

Thanks

Welcome to Quadcrazy 

The rear shock is normal to release slowly.   So no worries there.  

The two sets of holes are for height and wheel adjustment.

If you go to the top hole the front end sites a hair lower and the wheel base will may lean a little inward at the top. When you go to the lower hole it  helps the front end sit higher and the wheels may lean outward at the top  but level off when you sit on the bike. 

Thanks for letting me know I don't have to replace the rear shock right away.

And thanks for your fast response.

The holes aren't above or lower. They are right next to each other. I'm guessing to make the shock stand up straighter. Maybe a weight thing?

I guess that could raise it a bit

My son is 66lbs. Is there a way to tell if they should be in inner or outer hole?

It all depends. If you change tires etc.  I don’t think there’s much if a difference on a bike that size plus the weight of your kid.  Should be fine.  Stand back and look at the from end see how the wheels look. Also have him sit on it and see how the wheels look. Then have him lean down a bit to push the front end down to see if they change. But over all I think it’s set up fine and let it be.   

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By bob5701954
      hey everyone , merry x-mas to one and all , I have just have to had my shocks and springs replaced on my    2016 POLARIS  SPORTSMAN 570 , it was riding really low and did not know that was the problem, it only  has 2000 kilo`s   on it.   anyway this time I got it done on warranty ,  I now have the rear springs  set on number  4 to help the shocks  and support the load,  mu question is does anyone know the spring rate of the rear    O.E.M.. SPRINGS,    I am toying with the idea if this happens again to get s some what stiffer spring , but have spent hrs. trying to find  info ,but no luck,  trying to find new ones is no problem high lifter states  that their springs   are 25-30-  %   stiffer which is the area   THAT I AM THINKING IF I DO REPLACE THE O.E.M. .  any info would be great
                                                                                                                                    bob5701954
    • By RockOn
      So I bought a 2001 Quad Runner 250 for my son/wife. Sorry I run a Grizzly 660.
      I’ve rode it many times with no issue.
      My son’s first time out, I could always hear him but feeling he ran it red line in first gear a lot.
      So this is what it was doing during/end of the 2-3 hour ride:
      - halfway though noticed smoke (oil) coming from front of the motor sort of under exhaust manifold. Once back at the truck, it was really noticeable. Definitely oil burning off. I’m thinking from the top end maybe.
      So quick inspection:
      - No leaks or seepage of oil that I could see
      - I pulled the plug and it’s black but not wet
      - No blue/white smoke in exhaust
      - seems to still ride fine
      - Engine still has plenty of oil
      But now that I’m looking at it back at the house - it’s a hard/won’t start when hot. It starts right up cold no problem but once it stalls when hot, have to let it sit for 10-15 before it will start again.
      It wasn’t idling before that trip so I jacked up the idle a bit as well but I think that’s a carb clean/adjustment but...
      Any input is appreciated.
      Thanks for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • By Cjames58
      View File 2013-2018 Polaris Sportsman and Outlaw 90 Service Manual
      this is the service manual for the 2013 through 2018 sportsman and outlaws 90
      Submitter Cjames58 Submitted 08/23/2018 Category Polaris ATV  
    • By bcsman
      So need some recommended maintenance I should do with my 1998 Foreman 450ES.  I didn't get much info as to what had been done so what's the things I should perform to start me from square one?  I'm not a mechanical genius but can do the basics.  I did adjust the toe today so I'm not a nooby.
    • By Kevin Ciccone
      Hey, how's it going?
      I'm a new member looking to get some advice before I go to check out a '14 Sportsman 800.  I wanted to get input from you guys that have experience with Polaris machines. I've been riding my whole life, dirt bikes and atvs... Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, but never Polaris.  I'm looking for advice on what I should be looking for, any common issues, really any general advice.  I couldn't find many reviews of the Sportsman 800 online, so and general reviews on quality/reliability would be great too.
      A little info on the machine. 
      -2014 800 EFI
      -640 miles, 77hrs.
      -Winch
      -Asking price is $5500
      Couple add ons: (nothing major) 
      -Aftermarket wheels with Maxxis tires
      -Front and rear brush bumpers
      -LED lights
      Probably going to see it in the next couple days. I'll make sure to check out all the basics... Fluids, front end, tires, suspension etc.  Plus anything else you guys recommend.
      Thanks for any advice on advance!