Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Derrick Lenz

Need help! 1999 scrambler 500 4x4 issue

So I have a 1999 scrambler 500 4x4 and whenever I give it throttle it starts to big down and when I let it off it dies. Its getting spark and fuel. I replaced the fuel pump. The petcock, the carb, fuel lines, fuel filter. And for electrical I've replaced everything but the rev limiter. I took the srv to get it worked on and the guy set the jets and everything on the carb to where it should be and still no luck. The contacts on the ECM are also not touching. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sounds like you replaced a lot of parts and it sounds like its running out of fuel. Did you test spark on high idle? Maybe a faulty coil?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Alex91
      I have a 92 suzuki king quad that seems to be getting way to much fuel in my spark plug hole as I took out plug cranked it over and covered myself in fuel I cleaned carb and fuel filter and fuel pump all seems fine any other ideas
    • By Venom
      Hi All,
      Hoping someone will be able to help.
      I have a 2006 Kawasaki Prairie 700 with twin Keihin Carbs CKVR D32. The Rear Carb is leaking out the side during cranking. it is not the float bowl overflow. It is on the opposite side of the carb from the diaphragm. 
      I got this bike not running and someone had already messed with it. I took the carbs apart , cleaned and rebuilt. Everything went pretty easy.  It looks like it could be missing a small tube between the carbs but I have all of them listed in the service manual installed. See the pic for where it is leaking from...
      Any help would be much appreciated.. Thanks.

• By FlyingJBIRD
      I've bought a used 2007 Polaris Phoenix 200... it's in pretty good shape... but after it starts, warms up, a few minutes of my son riding around yard it will die... it refuses to start back until the next day, then same thing again... I've seen this is a problem but haven't found any real answers... my son is driving me crazy to get him back riding... any help is greatly appreciated...
    • By Thomas Brooks
      I know...I feel stupid for asking.  I find it impossible to use the thumb throttle with my thumb when I have the bars turned full right. I have to reach across the top and grab the throttle from the front with my fingers. It isn't very smooth and I can't help but think that there must be a technique, mod or adjustment for this. How do I get past this?
      Thomas
      2017 Polaris Sportsman 570 X2
    • By TheFieldJournal
      Hey Guys, 
      I picked up my first ever ATV on friday. It's an 89 Big Bear. It has some cosmetic issues, but seems pretty decent mechanically. I did have trouble getting the idle tuned to the book spec of 1,300 - 1,500 RPM. I took the carb apart and cleaned it out. Somebody must have lost the spring for the pilot screw, as it's no longer in the carb. Also, I have a dual cable carb, I noticed all the IPL's show the single cable carb, but I see others on youtube had dual cable carbs. When I would adjust my idle speed screw, nothing would happen. I bottomed it out and it didn't seem to make much if any difference. When i pulled the carb apart I saw the screw doesn't even touch the linkage, it's too short. Do the two different versions have different length carb screws? I'm wondering if somebody lost the ordinal, replaced it with the IPL number for a single cable carb which is shorter, and gave up on getting the ATV to idle. If you hold the throttle just a bit to get it to the RPM range listed above, it "idles" great. Any ideas? Or any links to the dual cable IPL?
      Have you guys have good luck with the aftermarket intake boots? Or is this a buy once, cry once deal? I'm guessing the OEM units last longer, but there is a huge price difference. If you have had good luck with aftermarket, where did you get it? My current boot doesn't seem to have any air leaks, but it's encased in JB weld... 
      I'm getting a 9th digit check sum error on the ATV when I put the VIN in. Has anybody seen this before on a Yamaha? The VIN  number looks original as well as the paint around it. 

Thanks, 

Scott

• Similar Tagged Content

• By mike rhoades
      View File Polaris 1996-1998 ATV Light Utility Service Manual
      Service manual for 1996-1998 Polaris ATVs and light utility vehicles covers: Magnum 2x4, Trail Blazer / Scrambler, Sportsman 4x4, Magnum 4x4, Trail Boss / Sport, 6x6 / Magnum 6x6,  Xplorer 300 / Xplorer 400, Sportsman 500 & Xpress 300 / Xpress 400
      Submitter mike rhoades Submitted 03/02/2019 Category Polaris ATV  
    • By mike rhoades
      Service manual for 1996-1998 Polaris ATVs and light utility vehicles covers: Magnum 2x4, Trail Blazer / Scrambler, Sportsman 4x4, Magnum 4x4, Trail Boss / Sport, 6x6 / Magnum 6x6,  Xplorer 300 / Xplorer 400, Sportsman 500 & Xpress 300 / Xpress 400
    • By charliedawg
      would u need to rejet carb or get different carb it just bogs and backfires doers anyone know whats the problem
    • By colin james
      View File 1985-1995 Polaris ATV Service Manual
      This is the service manual for 1985-1995 Polaris ATVs. Download all the chapters for the complete manual. 
      Includes the following Polaris ATV models:
      Scrambler, Trail Boss, Cyclone, Big Boss, 250, 350, 400, Sportsman, Trail Blazer, Sport, & Magnum. 
      Submitter colin james Submitted 11/25/2018 Category Polaris ATV  
    • By colin james
      This is the service manual for 1985-1995 Polaris ATVs. Download all the chapters for the complete manual. 
      Includes the following Polaris ATV models:
      Scrambler, Trail Boss, Cyclone, Big Boss, 250, 350, 400, Sportsman, Trail Blazer, Sport, & Magnum.