Quantcast

Who out there is sick of Wal-mart?

i dont think you save that much at Walmart, actually.....if you shop at stores like Publix, they often have many items every week that are buy one get one free...

combine that with coupons, you're saving a BUNCH...

Last week I spent $70 bucks or so on groceries...but I saved $42 because of the B.O.G.O. and coupons!!!

i dont think you save that much at Walmart, actually.....if you shop at stores like Publix, they often have many items every week that are buy one get one free...

combine that with coupons, you're saving a BUNCH...

Last week I spent $70 bucks or so on groceries...but I saved $42 because of the B.O.G.O. and coupons!!!

Certain things i have saved greatly on buying them at wal mart compaired to anywhere else.. I dont really do my food shopping there more so for camping supplies, fishing auto needs etc. Wal-Mart is just the new Sears with much better management and business profiles.

Though i am tired of Ruby Tuesdays and such, not many home grown places survived in my areas since the aforemented and about 20 cookie other cutter type eateries...

Amazing how much retail sq footage there is. Orange COunty NY is about 350,000 to 450,000 population wise and there is about 10 million sq ft of retail at least.

now i wish someone would just open the quading and outdoor version of Wal-mart :-)

Chris

Oh,,,,And not to hijack this Thread....

They just Built a Super Walmart just down the Road from me a Few yrs Back..I like the Fact that if I need something Quick....I can Just hit that place and chances are they will have SOMETHING that will work for the Application....But....I have found that if I dont Push a Cart in there I save TONS of money!!! If I cant Carry it out with my Two hands....I dont need it...LOL!!!

The reason that I hate to go there is because they have ruined our community since SuperWalmart has come to town....we used to have several locally owned hunting/sporting type stores that has closed down and have had three good size grocery stores to close down because of the SuperWalmart. If the majority of people would stop and think about how much they import from China and where they got their gas from I doubt they would be as big as they are.

The reason that I hate to go there is because they have ruined our community since SuperWalmart has come to town....we used to have several locally owned hunting/sporting type stores that has closed down and have had three good size grocery stores to close down because of the SuperWalmart. If the majority of people would stop and think about how much they import from China and where they got their gas from I doubt they would be as big as they are.

If you were "Sam" you would be doing the Same thing....

This WHOLE world is about the "Buck".... Im gonna have to bet that 90% of the Chit in your house if from China or anywhere else besides the USA:laugh:

Have you done Research on where the Fuel at EVERY gas station in town is getting their Fuel from???

Thats it!!!! Get rid of all your ATV's if your gonna Go down that Road....Your gonna have to figure out how to convert a USA made Streetie into a Offroadie!!:huh:

If you were "Sam" you would be doing the Same thing....

This WHOLE world is about the "Buck".... Im gonna have to bet that 90% of the Chit in your house if from China or anywhere else besides the USA:laugh:

Have you done Research on where the Fuel at EVERY gas station in town is getting their Fuel from???

Thats it!!!! Get rid of all your ATV's if your gonna Go down that Road....Your gonna have to figure out how to convert a USA made Streetie into a Offroadie!!:huh:

You would be surprised....I am as Pro gun and Pro USA as they come.....we even switched telephone companies because they contributed to trying to pass anti-gun laws. It is getting harder to find out where products are made but I make every attempt to....most products are saying Distributed by so and so but not saying where :mad:

What about your Phone???? LOL

Didn't come from WallyWorld but several of em in our house were made in China but do still have several backup ones that were made here in the USA.....still have a couple of the old style rotary phones that work that were made back in 60's that are as heavy as a bowling ball :wink:

Pretty much anything electrical has a mini computer in it these days and all the relay boards are pretty much made overseas... So just seeing where it was assembled and even when it says made in USA does not mean all components are. Even so there are many companies who are owned by foreign companies which then the money goes back to the parent company. Sam Walton just lived the American Dream by building on the largest companies in the world, they are also the largest employer in the USA.

About who goes to Wal-Mart

Each week, about 100 million customers, nearly one-third of the US population, visit Wal-Mart's US stores. Wal-Mart customers give low prices as the most important reason for shopping there, reflecting the "Low prices, always" advertising slogan that Wal-Mart used from 1962 until 2006. The average US Wal-Mart customer's income is below the national average, and analysts recently estimated that more than one-fifth of them lack a bank account, twice the national rate. A Wal-Mart financial report in 2006 also indicated that Wal-Mart customers are sensitive to higher utility costs and gas prices.

I am neither pro or anti Wal-Mart, they are just doing what everyone wants them to do, the demand for them is there and proven so by their sheer size.

Jay Nordlinger of National Review argues that Wal-Mart is attacked simply because it is a leader of the Fortune 500 list or the largest employer in America, and a "free-market success story". Penn & Teller devoted an episode of their show to an analysis of Wal-Mart criticism as a social movement. They theorized that despite the noble rhetoric, the real motivation of "Wal-Mart haters" was rooted in human psychology. They suggested that hating Wal-Mart permits a person "to feel better about themselves" for three main reasons: They "don't run a greedy international conglomerate", they aren't Wal-Mart workers, widely considered "low-skilled, minimum wage drones", and they aren't Wal-Mart customers thought of as "toothless, welfare-getting hillbillies". Wal-Mart stores are unionized in every country outside of North America

I am neither pro or anti Wal-Mart, they are just doing what everyone wants them to do, the demand for them is there and proven so by their sheer size.

So Wal-Mart and Microsoft are perfect examples of the American dream come true and just do to the nature of their size will always have foes.

:smilielol5c::smilielol5c::smilielol5c:

I love Wal-mart! Theyre near us and have everything. I dont care what everyone says...you wouldnt be B*%CHIN about them taking over the mom and pop places if YOU owned Wal-mart.

That the American , the freedom to complain . If you don't like freedom of opinion, move to China.LOL

TRI-Z_EK22!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to know about your 85 1/2 Z!!!!!!!!!!!:sifonec::partyc::bannana_guitar::cheer2::ola::woot:

WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!!!!:biggrin:

I've been wondering about yours myself, sorry this took so long too btw. Ok mine is currently in the rebuild process, but it has a full-frame powdercoat, 36mil Mikuni flat-slide carb, 5" wheel spacers, Douglas rims with 20" Razrs that are about to be replaced. A full DG pipe and silencer, Metallic red paint job as you can see in the pic. The kickstart, shifter, footpegs and headlight frame-thing are all chromed, i go it set up with a Uni clamp-on filter, and it's got a motion pro twist throttle kit which i'm not real fond of. But i'm taking the top end tommorow for a guy to look, another week or two and i'll have the money to pay him. It's gonna get port and polish, with a milled head and a slightly bigger bore, problly around .030 to .050 over with a wiseco. I cant wait to get her done, i'm close now to having it back in running order.

that's why we all live in America right? The freedom to bi*** whenever we want, at whoever we want and about whatever we want. I like Wal*Mart to a certain extent, I just like the little stores better. I wish I grew up in like the time of "The Waltons".

But then, there'd be no QuadCrazy:chatterboxn::shocked::cry::unsure: