Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Patrick Canning

99-00 BEAR TRACKER 250 NO Spark

So i have a yamaha bear tracker 250. Ice replaced the ignition coil, pickup coil, cdi box, spark plug, neutral safety switch and kill switch are good. Battery and ground are good. But still no spark. What now? Before i burn this thing down.

How did you test spark, ground it and see?  Don't burn it, you'll figure it out!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By JacobSlabach
      got 7 atvs off CL recently for a good price.  one of which is a yamaha warrior.  anyone know where the vin is printed on this bike?  Haha good place to start as I do not know year or size yet.  The former owner says needs exhaust ans and clutch work.  he said it ran fine until the clutch cable broke and then I couldn't get the new cable adjusted right and it would grind gears.  things I see:  clutch cable locked up again, no brakes, carb leaking (green with algae around the bowl and has gelled gas stalagtights on it), aftermarket exhaust melted the airbox so I need something different and a new air box.  I would like the use the current exhaust if I can but I have a feeling its a redneck fix as it looks like there is an ace bandage holding it to the exhaust pipe (its an aftermarket slip-on exhaust), so I'm not sure about that- lets get the bike running first.  also, battery (looks brand new, what a shame) is dead, 0 volts.  Otherwise, bike looks to have not been wrecked, and plastics are ok (it sat outside under a 'tarp' for 3+ years since it was run last).  any tips and advise on where to start first would be awesome as this is my first clutched bike (manual).
      the clutch is my main concern- I've never rode a clutched bike so I dont even know what its supposed to feel like.  lol I'm spoiled on my automatic polaris 
    • By Nigel Bourn
      Hi All
      So far the parts I have to give this ATV some love are:
      Oil and air filter
      Spark Plug
      Diff oil
      Engine oil
      Crush washer for the diff
      New plug and O ring for the engine drain
      New o rings for the oil pump housing
      Anything else I should get?

Cheers
    • By Admin
      Looking for Yamaha ATV VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) Number Decoders? Once you find your ATV VIN number off the tag on your Yamaha ATV, you can go to all kinds of websites that have VIN Decoders available. The best ones are backed by the Yamaha ATV manufacturer, however there are plenty of aftermarket Yamaha ATV VIN Decoder websites on the web. This topic will stay pinned and if you find any to add, please do it with a reply. 
      The following Yamaha ATV VIN Decoder websites are available where you can just enter your VIN number and it will shows you some of your ATV model details:
      KBB.com https://www.kbb.com/vehicle-history-report/ 
      CARFAX https://www.carfax.com
      autoDNA https://www.autodna.com
      VinAudit http://www.vinaudit.com/
      decodeTHIS https://www.decodethis.com
      VINCario https://vindecoder.eu/
      NICB Theft Check https://www.nicb.org/theft_and_fraud_awareness/vincheck 

• By Nigel Bourn
      I’ve just bought one of these and came here looking for a service manual
      Mine has an air cleaner that I don’t seem to be able to find, it has round ends with square tabs on them, any ideas?

• By Scott Matthews
      Just picked up a 1989 Big Bear 350 for $250 CAD. Bike was running but lost crank and spark. They've installed a new coil, a couple relays, and installed a Ford starter solenoid in place of the original. Now it cranks but has no spark so they sold it to me. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this bike so I can test some wiring. Also any ideas as to direction to head would be nice. Lots of things have been hacked together so I know it probably wont be to easy. The ignition switch was replaced with a toggle switch, I already mentioned the Ford solenoid which 1 of the small wires was not re-installed, and a diode or something was removed from the oil temp sensor wire. I'm sure I will find more so a diagram would be amazing.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Austin Phillips
      I have a yamaha beartracker 250 (yfm250) its not running right. starts fine mostly ...idles but if i give it gas it boggs out and dies before it even can carry its self ... I cleaned the carb ... put everything back and same issue. so i bought a new carb and intake boot.... replaced both things and still the issue persists.  So i have a new carb .... does the Air fuel mixture need to be set on the new carb? If so how do i do that? i ave looked everywhere for details on my bike and carb but cannot find anywhere that reads that the skrew needs to be adjusted out to  7 full turns or somthing to that effect..

The bike ran fine until bad gas was put into it... i did remove and empty the gas tank. removed petcock cleaned and rebuilt that.....
      i also noticed that the new carb ....the bottom skrew for draining the bowl was closed all the way when i got it.. carb wouldnt get gas until i loosened it... now the bowl will drain ... i thought that that float stops this from happeneing....am i wrong?

• By Steve1981
      View File 2001 Yamaha Bear Tracker Full Service Manual
      Figured I would share what I had. This really helped me out. Tinkering with my wife's atv now, so Looking for a 96 Polaris Xpress 300 service manual, preferably a free download.
      Submitter Steve1981 Submitted 09/29/2018 Category Yamaha ATV  
    • By Steve1981
      Figured I would share what I had. This really helped me out. Tinkering with my wife's atv now, so Looking for a 96 Polaris Xpress 300 service manual, preferably a free download.
    • By Keith Broom
      Power on turns over no spark. I replaced the coil, still no park . 
      I replaced the cdi box no spark .
      I replaced the stator and pickup .no spark. PLEASE TELL ME MY PROBLEM 
    • By BrettWilliams
      I have a 2000 Yamaha Bear Tracker 250 (YFM250) which starts up right away and runs ok for a bit, but with less than 1/2 the power of my other Yamaha Bear Tracker. Eventually after riding, it blackens the spark plug and runs awful and eventually doesn't want to start or run at all.
      CHOKE ISSUE: When you Pull the Choke Plunger 100% OUT, the idle goes DOWN....then pushed in at 1/2 position the idle goes UP and Choke Plunger pushed ALL THE WAY IN...Idle goes up even higher...? It acts like the plunger action is backward from our other 2004 Yamaha Bear Tracker (which idle goes up when pulling out, like normal).
      ---} Choke OUT = Normal Idle
      --} Choke IN 1/2 WAY = Higher Idle
      -} Choke IN FULLY = Super High Idle
      (For this reason, it has to run with the choke position all the way OUT or else it idles high and dies when you try to give it throttle.)
      While running it has very little power compared to our other Bear Tracker regardless of RPM. Less than half of the power, in fact.
      THINGS TRIED SO FAR:
      1. Replaced Full Intake Boot Assembly From Carb-to-Head
      2. Replaced Spark Plug
      3. Replaced Ignition Coil and Spark Plug Wire
      4. Replaced Air Filter

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!