Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Gus Drake

Oil Recommendations for 2009 Suzuki 450/750 King Quad

I'm helping the widowed neighbor out to do some oil changes on her quads. Any recommendations on what type of oil to run in these machines?

I used to have a 700 king quad and used Valvoline. Any ATV branded oil with additives would work.

check out this topic: 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Sam Dotson
      anyone like to get their hands greasy and get things fixed up and sooped up? I love fixing on quads.
    • By Mikey69
      Heres my story. Kinda long. I guess I was a late bloomer when it comes to quads. I had never ridden a quad in my life. Rode Dirt Bikes as a kid growing up. Back in Oct of '06 I found a Mustang on craigslist. Took it for a test drive one morning before work. Fast car. 351 Cleveland. I had planned on meeting the guy again after work. For some strange reason thats still to this day beyond me, I stopped in Hillsboro MotoSports on the way home from work. I had 6 Grand on me. There was a left over '05 sitting by the front door. It was on sale for $4999. It was $5499 OTD. I didnt even look at anything else. I knew nothing about quads accept I thought it really looked coool and I had the money in my pocket to buy it. I was sitting on it when the salesman walked up and asked... "Can I help you?" Without hestitation I pulled 60 Ben Franklins outta my front pocket and said "I want this Quad. Load it up in my truck." It was just about dark by the time I drove away from the shop. BTW, I didnt bother to ask my ol lady if I could buy it. LOL. Anyway, I took it by the house and showed her. She was kinda stunned but not mad. We drove over to a friend of mines house and unloaded it. I took it to the field across the street from his house. HOLY CHIT!!!!! I was surprised by the power. I had it for about 2 weeks and took it to Sand Lake. I was there a few hours and rolled it on a banked turn at the top of the bowl right before you get to the one-ways. When it rolled, I flew off and landed on my belly. The quad came bouncing and landed on my back. For a month I couldnt even walk. I was scared of it. I considered trading it for a 250EX. Went back to the shop. The salesman said..."Dude!!! You dont want a 250EX!!! Trust me. Just get used to it" I still wasnt convinced. I put it on craigslist for $4000. Calls were coming in. I had a guy that wanted to come look at it that evening. I decided to take it for one last ride at Browns Camp before I sold it. I was still afraid of it. After about 5 minutes I started feeling comfortable on it again. I decided right then, I loved my Honda 450 and would learn how to ride it instead of selling it. That was late Nov of '06. Work was slow for a Painter in Oregon. My new job everyday? Going to Browns Camp and ridding my Quad. I bought my Girl Friend an '02 Blaster. I rode my 450 for 4-6 hours almost every single day for 3 months. And yes, I know my way around Browns Camp pretty well. LOL. In March I bought her an '06 TRX250EX (Thank God I didnt trade my 450 for one of those) LOL Since then, I have become totally addicted to quads. I love them. Couldnt imagine not owning at least one quad. Luckily I have two. My "07 was $6500 OTD in July of '07. Bought it for my Girlfriend. Traded in her 250 EX. A month later we broke up. So, I wound up with two Honda 450's.

• By xpnet
      Hey I have two atvs a 1987 lt230 and lt80. Do you guys have any suggestions for what I should do before trying to start them. They been sitting for some time.

• By quad_007
      Looking for a recommendation on tires for a 500 Ranger ATV for mostly trail riding and mostly roads.  Some bushwhacking but no mud bogging.
    • By Frank Angerano
      So I’m always looking around on different types of pages on atv’s and new mods etc. lately I’ve been seeing a lot of this radiator mount super high up on the front end.  Some have integrated the snorkel into it as well.  Personally I’m not a fan but wondering what’s everyone’s thoughts on the way it looks? 

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Mudrecon
      as the topic says I'm interested in brands of mufflers ur using. I want a quiet (drive up on moose quiet) but performance type. Whos got what? Mines seen better days

• By crochet homemade
      I have bought a 1996 suzuki king quad 300 and I have noticed that it smokes but I have put oil in it and plenty of gas had to fix shifter bc the nuts and bolts came out somewhere. I have had to replace the wire for the starter but now when I try to start it it wont idle at all and when it does run it smokes really bad like a whitish blue I guess, and it likes to stall a lot. So anybody can help me out please and thank you

10000000_310855426253462_714534016610467840_n.mp4
    • By Debbie Jim Mills
      Just picked up my new quad from dealership. Drove it onto truck felt for brush guard to touch front of bed. There isn't one.  Asked dealer. Says they don't come with one have to order it. They looked it up not available for at least 30 to 90 days. Winch mounting plate either. Been riding suzuki's since 1973. So i guess it will have to sit in garage till accessories are available. This is my fourth Suzuki ATV they all came with brush guards. Can't even imagine the damage you could get without it. 
    • By Edcl54
      Bought a 2019 king quad 500 AXi few weeks ago.  What are peoples feelings on the break in time and fees a dealer charges.  Not sure if i should do the break in service myself. Thanks
    • By Alex91
      I have a 92 suzuki king quad that seems to be getting way to much fuel in my spark plug hole as I took out plug cranked it over and covered myself in fuel I cleaned carb and fuel filter and fuel pump all seems fine any other ideas