Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Wiring for my 2002 Polaris Scrambler 90

The battery was gone when I bought the 90 .There are 7 wires 3 red 1 white ,1 black , 1 green and 1blue  . 1 red and 1 white are connected with connector like it`s suppose to go to the battery . I think it`s called an eye connector it`s round and has a hole in the center . So it can be bolted to the battery  and the same with the black wire  the one  black 1 has a connector on it that looks like it goes to the battery . that leaves me with 2 red wires , 1 green wire and 1 blue wire !!! Can anyone help me with a diagram of how the wiring goes to the battery on my 2002 Polaris Scrambler 90 ??? Please help me with this my e-mail address is [email protected] Pl

Please help me with this . Thank you , Brian

On 6/19/2019 at 10:28 PM, Frank Angerano said:

Hey Brian welcome to Quadcrazy. You really shouldn’t put your email on the forum. It’s sounds like your having some wiring issues.  Do the wires your referring to have any stripes on them or are they definitely solid colors? 

Does it look like anything else is missing like a relay or any plugs?

Can you explain a little better about the wiring? The black one with the eye connector on it goes to the negative battery and the red one that has another wire with a fuse in it connected with an eye connector goes to the positive side of battery!!! What about the blue and green ones ??? Do I need a starter relay? What wires go to the starter relay? And  last there are 2 other red wires one has a white line on it where do those 2 red wires go ? Please help me and let me know if I need the starter relay and what wires go to it ??? It might help to if you could draw a wiring diagram. Or explain it to me real easy . Please help me ??? Thank you !!!Inline image

Inline image9AEA884A-19A0-4322-83F5-CC51745DAA4C.thumb.jpeg.3b3a76bb392c46234d7e3f6853564f87.jpegB7FDF761-C2CC-453F-B89E-78C0793F67A6.thumb.jpeg.83bb0a0e95ed5ab7392fd4e3fd6c1104.jpeg

I’m going to sort some wires out for you on the diagram. This will help you out.  In the mean time are there any relays that are there that are cut or a place where one was ? The wires your showing me are for a start circuit relay.   Not the starter relay but the start circuit.  It looks bypassed.  

I know who you are Mr Brian Simmons! Lol I’m trying to help you so take a deep breath and take a look at the diagram I highlighted for you.  The relay your going to need is the starter relay. That’s what appears to be missing based on the pictures and the diagram/wire colors for the bike.  

Color code:

green = green wire yellow stripe

pink = red wire white stripe

blue = blue wire white stripe

red = red wire 

small red wire goes to the relay and then to the battery.

Red wire with a red stripe goes from the relay to the starter. 

Blue wire with white stripe comes from the handle bars left side and goes to the relay. Check that control left hand and trace it back it should be he wire you have shown.

green with yellow stripe comes out of the relay and splits to the tail light and to the brake switch on the left handle bar. 

Take a look at the diagram, study it and take your time. 

Your  also going to need a relay and plug assembly. I will take a look and see where you can find one. 

FB75533A-B540-468F-BCE2-3883E1C67C84.jpeg

E4AC23DF-DBE1-48DA-AEB1-9BBB3F03418F.jpeg

441D2C80-450A-411A-8A35-34E979D08231.jpeg

C282B234-5257-41CC-A177-794B06000A16.jpeg

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F222707939483

This relay would work. I’ve attached some images of it along with the wiring.  

You would have to buy a few connectors. They are called “steak on’s” four females. 

3 of them for 14 gauge wire and one  for 10 gauge wore. 

E8F3BA07-1E9E-47EA-9498-CD6683579300.jpeg

189E736B-5ACF-4733-A889-B55BB6A3BE84.jpeg

• Like 1

Can you help me I got the relay switch that I need and I got a plug it has different colored wires . Can you please help me I am sending pictures . The wiring harness from the Polaris Scrambler 90 has 2 red wires 1 has a white line on it the other red wire is solid red and then there are a blue wire with a white line and a green wire with a white line ////////// then the plug has 3 red wires and 1 red wire has like  a cloth cover it’s a heavier red wire then there is another red wire that is solid red lighter gauge wire and another red wire with a white line and a blue wire with a white line . How do I hook these up ??? Can you please help me ??? The plug is pictured to I am sending pictures of everything can you hopefully help me thank you, Brian first picture is of wires from plug. 2nd picture is of 4 wire from atv wiring harness !!! Please can you please tell me what wire get connected to what wire ??? Please please please help me !!! Thank you 

41C20B62-D812-41C3-8AC9-C2023C8B09FE.jpeg

69AD7E92-9DA6-4423-8D98-7C22BD1762F3.jpeg

I sent you pictures of the plug and wires. And a picture of the wires from the Scramblers wiring harness !!! Please tell me how to connect them ??? Please first picture is of wires from Scrambler wiring harness !!! Second picture is of wires from the plug that plugs into the starter relay switch !!! Please explain what wire gets connected to what wire ??? Please help me ???asap!!!

C9226DEF-031C-4470-8010-30BDC586AE8C.jpeg

3FF52A64-4292-448E-A56E-58B57F674B19.jpeg

The new relay. Unplug it from the wired plug that came with it and face it at the camera so you see the prongs where the wires go. 

Snap a pic of that.  It should look like the picture I’ve attached here.   There’s a small square on the bottom of the plug and a larger one at the top. This way you know what way the wires go.   Then all you do is connect your wires to each one of the new relay wires accordingly.   

The only thing I’m concerned with is why your wire colors don’t all match up.  

60290F89-81AC-4967-A10F-6AA580225A4D.jpeg

Where did you order the relay from ? 

Brian you can’t just connect the wires if they don't match. You have to make sure it’s the right relay first of all.  Where did you get it??????   What makes you think it’s the right relay? That last red wire that should be a green and white should match what you have on the bike.  So please like I said snap a pic of the relay without the plug and post it. This way we can look at the relay and see that it matches.  Then you can go from there. If it matches then I would say yes you can connect that red. I’m not just going to say yes or no to something that could possibly burn the entire harness.  

i have posted a pic of the relay and what it should look like without the plug in. 

Also please respond within this topic so we can keep a constant thread and follow up properly. 

E491BCB3-EBFC-4B52-BA02-DBC7172BF0E9.jpeg

Here’s what you do. Hook all the wires up except for that green wire and turn the key on. That relay should click. You can hear and feel it. If so then you can touch the green wire to the red momentarily!! See what happens. If you get an arc or heavy spark when you do that take it right off.   I just can’t be sure due to the wiring  not matching  but it’s a relay and they are pretty simple.