Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

haulinbass02

Trail rated 4 seat SxS?

I’m looking at breaking into the SxS scene and really want a 4 seater. BUT I also would like one that is 50” trail capable as well. I have small kids that need seats so we can all go play at one time. Looking around I’m just not seeing that there is one out there. Does anyone know if they do in-fact exist and maybe I’m just missing it?

Thanks for the help...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m assuming your referring to a 6x6 ?

I’ve only seen a few come by here and there and look cool as heck but it’s a once in a while post.  They do accommodate up to six or four people  

As far as the 4 seater well there are many types and brands that you would not need a 6x6 for. But if your  hell bent on that take a look at Polaris   

Good luck  

Not a 6x6, just a 4wd UTV that will seat 4 or so that is 50” for national forest service trails. All of the 4 seat side by side I’ve seen are over 50”.

Side by side ahh ok. Never seen SXS before as an abbreviation. 

A four seater less then 51” I think I’ve seen some that narrow but they were more of the utility type not sporty.

Check out this review page. You can click on each of the links on each manufacturer for the specs. 

The maverick is 50” 

https://www.utvguide.net/50-inch-trail-capable-utvs/

I’ve looked at that and then went to each manu website but non of those were 4 seaters or even offered it. I think I may be stuck with a larger UTV and relegated to the other trails. I won’t give up hope though!

im a huge fan of polaris' RZRs.  i think they are mostly 60in to 70in wide..  the turbo s velocity is their latest model- pretty high dollar but it can sure go fast.  i dont think you will find many 50in sxs out there because being that narrow posses a roll threat..  whats keeping you at 50in?  polaris also sells rangers with are work geared and the general which is pretty much a rzr with a dump bed..  hope this helps!

but@Frank Angerano is right- you can fit a bunch of people on the polaris big boss- they still make them i think..

im a huge fan of polaris' RZRs.  i think they are mostly 60in to 70in wide..  the turbo s velocity is their latest model- pretty high dollar but it can sure go fast.  i dont think you will find many 50in sxs out there because being that narrow posses a roll threat..  whats keeping you at 50in?  polaris also sells rangers with are work geared and the general which is pretty much a rzr with a dump bed..  hope this helps!

but[mention=15762]Frank Angerano[/mention] is right- you can fit a bunch of people on the polaris big boss- they still make them i think..

The 50” requirement is for use on National Forest Service trails that are width restricted at 50”. I would like to be able to get up on those trails and up in those areas for hunting. Plus it’s off the beaten path in areas that the bigger UTVs, Jeeps, etc aren’t allowed in.

ohhh  i see.  well most of the time they dont make sxs that narrow to prevent roll-overs.  so the 570 rzr is 50in wide but only a two seater.  there is a 570 ranger 4 seater but its 60in wide.  the most narrow rzr 4 seater is also 60in wide.  i was just looking at polaris' website for this, maybe theres others out there but i'd guess the width would end up about the same..

So I think my answer is gonna be a no on finding the SxS I want. I HAVE to have a 4+ seat machine so I’m just going to look for the best one for the money at this point.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Travis Mitchel
      Hello all just recently acquired this atv which as you can see in the pics that it has had an unsheltered life. i did get it running and put some used tires on the front.
      It still needs a bit more well needed maintenance, chains tightened and oiled. needs an airbox or air cleaner and other misc items.

• By Ajmboy
      Safety Is A Concern For Kids ATVs
      The family is into racing ATVs and now the children want to get in on the action. How do you start with someone who is too young to drive a car, but yet sees other children their own age charging through the woods racing an ATV? A tough decision for parents, but with a lot of planning and instruction your kids ATV can become a reality.
      Safety should be your first concern before getting the kids ATVs for their own use. You should plan on doing your research to make sure that you get the best kids ATV available for their age group and size. The research should include surfing the web and also by reading Consumer Reports—both of these will provide you with a tremendous amount of information on kids ATVs.
      It is recommended that the youngest kid ATV riders should have an ATV that has an engine with no more than 4.3 cubic inches. There are not too many choices at this size for kids ATVs, but you want to ensure that your child is not riding a machine that it too large for them to handle.
      As a concerned parent, you should check into the ATV Safety Institute. This group offers safety courses all over the country. The experienced instructors will teach you and your kids about pre-ride inspections, warm up exercises, braking, turning, and shifting. They also teach you about clutch and throttle control and about the importance of body position and simple maintenance. In addition they cover riding techniques and how to tackle obstacles, hills and different kinds of trails. All of these issues are important safety issues for your kids ATV riding.
      So, what are the features will your kid's ATV have? One company has an experienced team of ATV enthusiasts that work with you on your kids ATV to hand select the perfect one. Each ATV they have is designed with safety in mind and they offer a 4-point safety system which includes a throttle limiter, an emergency kill switch, a safety kill tether and a remote kill key. The kid ATVs are safe and they come with a 4 stroke engine, headlights, an electric start and disk brakes. This company that focuses on safety with kid ATVs is Motorxtremes. They want to make sure that every kids ATV is safe and that the rider follows all safety precautions.
      You should make sure that your kids ATV comes with all of the necessary additional safety equipment to make their ride as safe as possible. Every kid ATV rider should have a helmet with a full-face cover, goggles to keep dirt out of their eyes, gloves with finger and knuckle guards, a shirt with long sleeves and safety pads for their chest, shoulders, elbows and knees.
      Make sure you and your children know the rules of riding ATVs. While you can not ensure that your kids ATV rides will be completely accident free, you can help them by providing the best additional safety equipment available.
    • By 79davecampbell
      just bought a 2000 polaris 325. was told i vould pull start and ride but needed new battery for electric start. so bought new bat and charged it but nothing. while spraying with a hose after a ride it all came on. neutral light cooling fan and then quit. checked those things in the black bag and power at both ends. starter will roll when i jump solenoid. power to the ignition switch jumped that but still nothing. maybe switch for headlight and starter? NEED HELP PLEASE. 
    • By ezduzit
      picking up atv tomorrow, guys says motor is locked up. he thinks, anyway has been sitting for more than three years. Please understand i have not touched it yet but if his description is accurate im looking for suggestions on freeing it up before  having to tear it down. I'm hoping to get some great info from the pros on Quadcrazy.
    • By TWiST
      New user and first time quad owner. I recently got a 2000 Polaris Sportsman 500 and am really excited to start working on it! I work in IT for a living and am an experienced mechanic, so at least I am not starting at 0 haha.  Looking forward to hanging out and getting to know everybody!
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Curtiosity
      How do you remove the seat on a Kawasaki Bayou 220?

• By Alexandre Leblanc
      any recomandation for a passenger seat?
    • By LMI
      Hey all.

I am looking for any leads on a 2-Up for my KQ700.  I'm reading up here on regulations and it seems it needs to be factory or frame mounted, I can't strap it to the back rack as an example.  Anyone have any idea on brands, web sites, anything..?  Are they normally called "2-Up" ?  Should I be searching with a different term?
    • By Freedomflyer
      I just bought a 2018 Can Am 570 Outlander and was hoping to try to find a way to convert a Can Am 2-up seat that I picked up on Craigslist  to my new machine in some fashion.  No way to do it without the seat sitting up 8-9 inches above the main seat. Scrapped that Idea but decided to try to convert it to my Honda Rancher.  Also in a way that would allow me to remove it quickly and allow access to my battery compartment if necessary. Here's what I came up with.  
      Since the seat has two fork like protrusions on the front underside I needed to come up with something that they would lock into. On rear underside there is a spring loaded handle that allows it to lock onto a 3/8" round bar.  I wanted the bar that the front part of the seat locked into to also be removable so I came up with a design for the bar that would slide onto the front side of the rear rack and pin into place using the rack itself as the mounting base. Then I welded a couple pieces of 3/4" pipe to the rear part of the rear rack with a piece of 3/8" solid bar stock onto the front of the two pieces of pipe that were welded to the rear section of the rack.  The forks of the seat lock into the front bar, the pipes at the back not only support the rear part of the seat but act as a centering guide for the two locking mechanisms that lock onto the 3/8" bar stock. When it is locked into place it is extremely solid and has no way of coming loose except when I release the spring loaded handle. And it actually doesn't look too bad when installed either. Plus, the front side of the rear seat acts as a back rest for the small of the drivers back, pretty cool.

• By bsrice
      My daughter has a 06 Kolpin 90cc sport and the seat broke. I am trying to find a seat replacement for it, since it isn't supplied anymore. Does anyone have any ideas or other model seats that might work with it.