Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Fred Colby

2007 Polaris Sportsman 500 TPS

Posted (edited)

TPS on  Polaris  SPORTSMAN  500 efi 2007 shows as bad original part number is 3140173 bought the replacement part it came in as 3131705 the diameter of the ring on the face is 26 mm the original is 18 mm any thoughts on how this "factory" replacement parts fits as i cannot get it to go in?

Edited by Fred Colby
misspelling

It can’t be the right part. There has to be a cross reference issue etc. I would double check your numbers.  18 to 26 mm not clicking. The TPS is a very temperamental part so  should get numbers re checked and the calibration tool as well from Amazon so it’s installed properly. 

Frank Thank you  this part shows from Polaris as the "new" replacement for the  TPS, that is what has me confused   I can get am image of them when I get home today  in case someone has an idea

Post a pic I’m curious to see what it looks like. I’m curious about the dimensions. We may be talking about thickness (26mm) of the sensor and not the circumference? 

I guess  you would have to see the dimensions of the part to be sure  

Frank  the one on the right is the original it does take an o-ring around it the left is the replacement part from Polaris

tps.jpg

It looks like it will fit.  Only way to be sure obviously is to try it.  

But i would measure it first before you slap it on and see what the numbers look like.  

Quick question. What’s the part number on the original one.   

I looked up the part number and it’s showing that the 26mm does indeed fit so I think your good to go. 

Frank i tried it it does not fit wondered if i was missing something, maybe something  that needed to be taken off first, that is why i wanted to know if any one knew something i did not

Wow ok ! That’s so strange. I am going to look at a few parts. Gone me a little bit. 

So I’ve looked everywhere and it all comes up the same. The old number is superseded by the new number. The old part is roughly 0.7 mm or 3/4 of an inch in diameter and the new one is 26mm or 1.02 inches in diameter. Very strange.   

I was looking on eBay and found the part number for the oem one and it’s available if you want to take a chance? 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F333205331528

9E5FC6D0-B85D-4EDA-9C16-883558A8F436.jpeg

638DA8E6-27D0-45B8-A8E0-8DB31CF28D46.jpeg

Frank  we had to put a spacer between the tabs and the throttle body, but it does work, not real thrilled with the setup but it is stable sealed and working

Ok that would make sense. I was wondering about maybe possibly spacer.  But did the spacer come with it ? 

Also how thick was the spacer ? I know that the shaft coming out of the throttle body is only so long? 

Lastly did the new sensor have any paper work that mentions anything about the spacer? I would reach out to the Polaris via email and let them know about this problem and the aggravation it’s caused. Pain and suffering damages of not being able to ride!!!!! Lol. 

Nice work brother, ride safe.