outlander560

Engine Problems!!!!

10 posts in this topic

Just about 2-3 days ago my Can-am Rally wont start. I didn't run it though any water or mud. The power goes on but once i press the start button all i hear is a clank:aargh:. I checked the battery and it is fine. If anyone has any idea about wat to check please tell me.

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

You could always get a voltage meter and start at the battery and work your way through the electrical system and see where it stops. Time consuming but it will pin point your problem.

Spark plug maybe :confused: Not sure .

I don't think it will be the spark plug. The motor is not turning at all correct? It would have to be something in the starter or a relay somewhere.

yea the motor isnt turning all i hear is a loud ting and then nothing happens

Sounds to me like you may have a bad starter or a connection problem at the starter. You can try tapping the starter a few times with a small hammer to see if get a reaction. Similar to a car starter, you may have worn brushes or a low spot the starter has stoped on.

Also check the fuses. My Ozark done the same thing. There is a solinoid that clicks like a bad starter if I blow a fuse.

I'm with Buck Billy sounds like a bad connection or bad starter.

i tried it, it was good i saw a little improvement but nothing. The fuse was fine also. So im going to take it to the dealer and get it fixed. thanks for the input.

Is there a Way to "Jump" the Solenoid with a Screw Driver????? You know.....Like I used to do with my old 65 Chevy Truck:laugh: