honda-man-ky

just wondering if i should be worried??

11 posts in this topic

i took my 1987 honda trx 300 4x4 out today threw some creeks and mud it did fine for about the first hour then it all of a sudden got real hot and started steaming i no the water would make it steam but it wasnt like a water steam or an oil smoke it was just like a light steam coming up threw the plastic around the handle bars just wanting to know if i should be worried. it still drove fine and had all of the power it was just steaming. i shut it off for about 5 min then it did fine the rest of the time.

thanx

Andrew

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

As long as it wasn't oil burning.Is it liquid cooled? I've had water sitting on my quad steam up through the bars also. Mine was do to water from a puddle dripping onto my radiator.

If I remember right it is oil / air cooled.

Well then that shoots my theory down. You can usually smell if the steam is water or something else.

Well then that shoots my theory down. You can usually smell if the steam is water or something else.
Not really my Ozark will put steam on you when it drips on the engine and exhaust . During and after water or mud playing.

I meant as far as it dripping on the radiator.

I meant as far as it dripping on the radiator.
Still sounds good to me. Like I said before knowledge is everyone sharing there personal info.

i talked to a buddy of mine here in ky and he said his does that to so i dont know????

If it's not running wierd, You're good. Let it dry completely, take it for a nice long ride. No water! and see if it does it then.

ya thats prob. what ill do... thanx everybody i know it was an elementary question but thanks

There is no dumb questions just dumb people who don't ask and wind up with a quad that doesn't run. Glasd to help.