Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Jeff Andersan

1988 lt230 Suzuki Shifting Problem

1988 lt230 Suzuki

Having problem with getting into neutral have to do it by hand to get into reverse keeps skipping into 2nd is there a adjustment I can do I'm new to this 

Did you or anyone else make any clutch adjustments? So from reverse it jumps into second?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By mkibbe
      My 2014 750 king quad stalls sometimes when I touch or turn the handlebars,the problem has gotten worse,my machine has 475 miles and is only trail ridden,I have a new factory battery and i have 14.2 volts when the quad is running and 13.3 on the battery when not running,also using a multimeter there is no change in volts when turning the bars until it does stall,If I pull the 40 amp power steering fuse it will not stall.......I've been told its the ECU,Hate to buy one if thats not the problem,but its kinda leaning towards that,,,,,need some opinions.

• By mjm4jc
      Hello eeveryone,
      Just picked up an 86 Suzuki LT185 for my daughter, and she's complaining that it bounces so bad over bumps that it nearly throws her off the quad. I have the tire pressures some where around 3 psi. I really can't go any lower than that. I noticed that there isn't anything in the aftermarket world for shocks and springs for this quad. I am wondering what others are doing to soften up the ride. Also wondering if there's a way to fabricate a rear shock, since there isn't one.  I appreciate your feedback.
      Thanks!
    • By Ajmboy
      View File 1984-1987 Suzuki LT185 Service Manual
      1984-1987 Suzuki LT185 Service and Repair Manual
      Submitter Ajmboy Submitted 09/13/2020 Category Suzuki ATV  
    • By Bebe
      Hey guys I'm new here. I have a 88 warrior that has intermittent spark. When I got the bike the guy said it needed a stator.  So I tested the stator and the Source coil has .310,  Trigger coil has .363 an .367,  Alternator side has .05 to .06 on the three. Which all seem in range. I did find that the ignition coil was bad and replaced it. After I  put the new coil on i got spark but only now and then. The bike won't spark while I'm holding the start button,  but as soon as I let off it will spark sometimes. I ended up unplugging the voltage regulator and it will spark every time I let off the start button, but still will not spark while I'm  holding it. What could this be?

• By Muskyjim
      I recently purchased a 99 big bear 350 2x4 that was sitting for a while got it running and went to take it for a ride after about 10 minutes into the ride it stalled and wouldn't let me shift down into neutral tried rocking it back and forth but will not go into neutral...can anyone point me in the right direction on where to start?
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By alfeye
      so someone thought they would adjust the clutch on this 98 bayou but the messed with the bottom screw and now it will not go in to neutral they say the tightened it all down and went for a ride then shut it off before putting it into neutral then the tried to shift it into neutral to start it and they couldn't get it to shift into neutral  it has not started.

• By dee004
      My machine sticks in reverse until it is completely warmed up and then it shifts perfectly once it is completely warm. I have to literally yank up on the shifter to get it out of reverse. It will shift up and down fine in the forward gears just not reverse. It's a 2005 Honda Foreman TRX500FM5. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I tried searching it but didn't come up with anything.
      Thanks in advance.
      Cheers Don.
    • By Bill c
      I have this 1986 LT230GE that will not start without a shot of starting fluid. I have set the valves rebuilt the carburetor and will start after using starting fluid after it has sat idle for two or three days. any sugestions
    • By William Edwards
      Hello,
      I'm new to the site.  My son and I have decided to bring back our old quad from the dead.  Does anyone know where we can purchase a cylinder kit for it.  I think it's a 1986, but will have to check the VIN to be sure.
      The last time it ran, it was tapping and smoking pretty bad.
      Any help would be appreciated.
      Thanks!
    • By John Dunn III
      Just bought a LT 230 anything I should watch for. It runs and drive good. Just don't want no surprises